IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Feeling better about my swing now after just working on my drills for a few hours indoors. Concentrating on bringing my hand path slightly in from a1 to a2 and then really bringing the hand path in and up much deeper than where I am with it now. I want to end up with the butt of the club in line with my right heel at A4. This really makes laying the shat down much easier. Then I am coming down to a6 and from there making sure I don't just fire my hips through but rather really slide them forward and making sure that by the time the club passes through a7 my hands don't go left around my body but rather extend strict a little past my body to make sure the club path is going to the right.. This is really interesting stuff to me and it is really helping me understand my faults and priorities and how to work on them.. Then again I'm only doing what ever Stephan tells me to do so I hope I don't let him down!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just wanted to update my progress.

I'm currently working on:

1.  Laying the shaft down from A4

2.  As I am going from A7 - A8 I am working on exiting more in front instead of around my body

My contact has been ok, but my ball flight is unpredictable and swing path is still out-in especially on the long clubs.

I had one bright light today with an 8 iron that I hit with a perfect baby draw about 155 yards to 10 feet of the hole (sunk it for birdie!)

I have to admit it has been slightly demotivating doing so much work, but not seeing the picture change.. It is such a big change going from OTT to in-out, and maybe it is just going to take a lot longer than I expected!

Eyad

Finally I think the picture might start to change.. I don't have any video proof yet, but after a few says of just working drills at home I played 6 holes today and had plenty of shanks! I think this is good news that I'm probably starting to swing out sometimes. Now I just need to video and see what is going on! Also, love @ @cipher idea, and maybe I can do that soon for the 9 hole course I play too!

Eyad

Go for it!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Now I just need to video and see what is going on! Also, love @@cipher idea, and maybe I can do that soon for the 9 hole course I play too!

That would be awesome! Imagine how cool it would be to capture a milestone such as breaking 90 for the first time on video B-)

Henry

Just wanted to give another quick update.

I'm still working on laying the shaft down... I would have never guessed how hard it really is to change my swing path from out-in to in-out..

With all the updates on pitching technique I figured I would update on that as well.. since working with Stephan on that I think there has been a great improvement, not only in the picture, but the actual results I am getting out on the course..

Just a hitting a few below.

Eyad

• Administrator

Use your pivot a teeny bit more and your right wrist/arm thrust and throw a teeny bit less.

One of the better pitching motions on the site, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's a sweet pitching motion.

Curious - when getting students to lay the shaft down from A4 - in general, do they initially shank?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Curious - when getting students to lay the shaft down from A4 - in general, do they initially shank?

INward = tend to toe the ball.

OUTward = tend to heel the ball.

Especially when going from one to the other.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Use your pivot a teeny bit more and your right wrist/arm thrust and throw a teeny bit less. One of the better pitching motions on the site, though.

Thanks Erik, I will work on that.. "I appreciate the encouragement as well!" It seems like I'm improving at a higher pace with my short game as opposed to my long game.. I'm still not breaking 90 and I think all this does is just support the numbers discussed in other threads that the most important part of the game is the long game! [quote name="nevets88" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/380_10#post_997479"]That's a sweet pitching motion.  Curious - when getting students to lay the shaft down from A4 - in general, do they initially shank? [/quote] Thanks, I've been working on it for 3 months now or so.. I'm really not sure about the initial results because to be honest I have not been able to accomplish it on a consistent basis yet.. I hit the position in slow motion but still not translating into the full swing yet.. The past few submissions to Stephan have all been me practicing the drills he gave me so that he can isolate what I should be doing next.. In the end he wants me right now to go from one extreme to another.. Since I'm an extreme out to in I need some real hard work to get to in out eventually. It will be bitter sweet getting there and since I've been working with evolvr for the past 5 months I'm thinking that I could be able to get this down in the next few months.. I'm sure others can chime in on what initially happened as I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever go from out in to in out !

Eyad

Wanted to share this of me practicing the laying down the shaft drill and then hitting the ball.

I want to just come out and say that after I reviewed I feel like I am such a spaz out there with my movements... "yes I don't mind making fun of myself"

I mean, why all these jerky movements anyway??  I feel like I do hit the position I want at some points, but I am making my life much harder than it really needs to be..

I need to just go slower, and make more deliberate motions that are smooth from beginning to end, without and jerkiness in between...  Submitted this same video to evolvr so I am sure Stephan will let me know where I need to go with it.

Eyad

Wanted to share this of me practicing the laying down the shaft drill and then hitting the ball. I want to just come out and say that after I reviewed I feel like I am such a spaz out there with my movements... "yes I don't mind making fun of myself" I mean, why all these jerky movements anyway??  I feel like I do hit the position I want at some points, but I am making my life much harder than it really needs to be.. I need to just go slower, and make more deliberate motions that are smooth from beginning to end, without and jerkiness in between...  Submitted this same video to evolvr so I am sure Stephan will let me know where I need to go with it.

It looks pretty good to me. One thing I would recommend is to exaggerate the motion when you do it in slow motion. The idea is to overdo it in slow motion so that you hit the positions you are looking for when you start doing it at speed. Just keep at it, you'll get there. When I started swinging out, it felt awkward and alien to me. I had to keep convincing myself "this is how I'm supposed to swing, the way I'm used to swinging is wrong." After a while, it starts to feel normal, and when you start catching the ball on the sweetspot again, you'll be hooked.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have made a significant change with my grip, specifically with my right hand.. I have made it weaker by intentionally rotating my forearm at address so that the pit of my elbow is actually facing my other arm...  What lead me to finally do this is the fact that I have not been able to lay the shaft down with my strong right hand and even when I felt like I was swinging out I would still push slice my driver... After experimenting and doing very slow motion swings up to the point of impact and right after I realized that with the strong right hand for me I can not hold off on turning over my wrist and bringing the club path back from out-in at the moment right before impact..  The only way for me to actually hit a push draw was when I brought my right foot back, and felt like I was aiming 45* to the right and with the same swing I would actually succeed in push drawing the ball.

My solution... do what @sk golf told me about a month ago in making my right hand weaker..  The difference is that I didn't have the right feel for it, and after experimenting I finally have it.  I have been practicing all day basically and swinging with it and now it actually feels natural the way it is in the picture... What is the difference?  Well, I am sure others can describe it more technically than I can, but what I believe is going to happen (and I will verify later on) is that by the time I get to impact there is really less room for me to rotate the wrists (intentionally or otherwise) and thus if my path is going out there is no chance for me to change it at the moment right before impact.  I might be totally wrong, but as I am practice swinging with a straight line on the ground I can see that as I hit the impact position the club is still going out.

@sk golf I think you know best if this is good for me or not since you asked me to do this, but if you notice the above I think you will agree that this is much different than where the line was pointing before.. I think I was outside my right shoulder, and in the last video I might have been just at the edge of my right shoulder, because I was always trying to manipulate the grip with just my wrist and not really helping my cause.

I know this has been a long post, but I just had to say everything that was going through my head.. I won't be thinking about any of this when I go play, but at least it is helping me in my slow reps!

p.s. never mind the flying part of my beard.

Eyad

I received my evolvr video back, and there is a slight adjustment to my drills.

Will be taking the club back smoothly to A4

then slowly bring it to A6

then slowly go to arms parallel to the ground on the follow through

I need to feel my hands going out more as I go from A4 to A6

-----------------------

Is it usually this hard to make this change?  I'm leaning towards yes it is!  I'm going to keep going!

Eyad

Had what I believe to be a mini-break out today.. Didn't get a chance to video but ball flight doesn't lie.. My miss today was a slight push, my good shots were very slight slight baby draws that you can barely notice the right to left direction.. After all the fades I have been hitting and the nasty pull cuts even te laugh was a welcomed sight, since it didn't push slice that is! I will tape ASAP to verify and send a video to evolvr for further verification, I want to grab what ever is happening and save it quick! Making good contact every time will eventually come, but not right after changing paths I am sure!

Eyad

Had what I believe to be a mini-break out today.. Didn't get a chance to video but ball flight doesn't lie.. My miss today was a slight push, my good shots were very slight slight baby draws that you can barely notice the right to left direction..

After all the fades I have been hitting and the nasty pull cuts even te laugh was a welcomed sight, since it didn't push slice that is!

I will tape ASAP to verify and send a video to evolvr for further verification, I want to grab what ever is happening and save it quick!

Making good contact every time will eventually come, but not right after changing paths I am sure!

Sounds promising! Looking forward to the videos :-)

Henry