IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

The middle to end part of the rehearsal swings looked smoother.  At the beginning, you seemed to have a lot of body tension.  I saw the same thing the first time I did the Slow, Specific drills stopping at each point, A4, A5, A6 etc.  The middle to end part you smoothed out. This helped me.  I was twitching a bit when I stopped at A5 and my shaft was steepening.

Yeah, I just noticed that too.. I think Stephan has mentioned that to me before as well, tibia probably better to relax and just get a little smoother in the action! Thanks for the reminder!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Finally able to go to the range and record some real swings.

I didn't have time to do any practice so I just recorded a couple of swings, so that I can get started again with the guys at evolvr.

There are some good things changing with the picture, but there is much work to be done.. will update with my priority piece once I get it.

I'm happy with my pivot and turn, and with Key#1.. My contact with my irons was great today.  Maybe not so much about Key#1 on the downswing as it might be moving slightly forward, but for now it isn't a priority for me to worry about!

Eyad

I obviously don't know a lot about swing mechanics, but I couldn't find anything wrong with your swing. Your head is steady, everything looks on plane, you're getting weight forward and everything seems in balance.

What is your typical ball flight?

Jon

Finally able to go to the range and record some real swings.

I didn't have time to do any practice so I just recorded a couple of swings, so that I can get started again with the guys at evolvr.

There are some good things changing with the picture, but there is much work to be done.. will update with my priority piece once I get it.

I'm happy with my pivot and turn, and with Key#1.. My contact with my irons was great today.  Maybe not so much about Key#1 on the downswing as it might be moving slightly forward, but for now it isn't a priority for me to worry about!

Nice improvement from the first swings I saw from you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Those swings look very solid @Abu3baid.

Thanks for the kind word Shane!  I appreciate it.  I continue to fight the battle.. I am so excited to be back on evolvr.. it just gives me direction.. more on ball flight below.

I obviously don't know a lot about swing mechanics, but I couldn't find anything wrong with your swing. Your head is steady, everything looks on plane, you're getting weight forward and everything seems in balance.

What is your typical ball flight?

Thanks Jon.. I appreciate your kind comments as well.  Right now my irons are basically high and straight with a Draw bias to them.. sometimes it is a baby push draw and sometimes it is a straight draw for now.. more importantly nothing going left to right.. My issue right now is with my 2 longest clubs (3W & Dri) as they are just Jekyll & Hyde really.. I have no idea if it is going to go straight, push, push draw, pull draw/snap hook...

I'm working on it so I feel confident, but basically right now I am coming in very steep right about A4.5 (way inside the ball) and then I am very quickly laying it down.. The issue with this is that sometimes I lay it down too much, and sometimes not enough and thus the unpredictable ball flight.. I had been working with Stephan from Evolvr on Key#4 which is the "club path' and at least I am not "tipping out" now, so there are some slivers of hope for me yet!

Nice improvement from the first swings I saw from you.

Thanks Scott! I feel that it has been such a long road from the beginning of the year until now!  I hope I can keep motivated to put in the work!

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...

Just copying over from the vlog thread! [quote name="Abu3baid" url="/t/74880/video-logs-vlogs-of-you-playing-golf-post-your-own/230_10#post_1037455"]I finally decided that I should also do a Vlog of the course I always play.. it is 9 Hole exec course that is around 2400 with (3 par 3's, 5 par 4's, and 1 par 5). I had a fun time doing it, but it took me a while to edit it (2 days), I tried to make it as short as possible so that it can be easy on the eyes.. I think I did a pretty good job at less than 7 minutes total! No voice because even if I wanted to, it would have been very tough with the wind that day (as you will see), but I tried to comment where necessary, and finally I just stopped because it is too much of a hassle with this editing program IMO! Battery lasted the whole time.. I turned it off and on often and there was no issue with memory card at all!  I used a camera stand as well! I didn't play well at all.. Also, just wanted to note that on Hole 7 I said that I had a double when in fact it was a triple.. sorry!  (oh yeah and I misspelled bogey a few times :)) I hope the next time I do this, I will do much better! [/quote]

Eyad

• Administrator

Just one question and one comment.

The comment: your swings (full swing, short game, etc.) are very different on the golf course.

The question: where are you aiming here?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the comment Erik.. Do you suggest I send Stephan a swing or two from the course so that we can start pin pointing where the variation might be and how I can start going about making it better? As for your question I thought I was aiming for the right side as my flight has been predominately straightish/pull draw so I figure I either hit it straight and I'm on the edge of the green or I hit my typical flight an I'm next I flag.. At least that is what I thought.. Since you pointed it out I obviously have no clue where I am aiming and why.. That is a disaster and I admit it.. I don't know how to aim.. Never have been thought and I just can't figure it out! It is always much easier on the range because of the square I am standing on... Also, have you noticed that I am not able to set up my camera angles in the DTL view? There is something off with my angle perception maybe? Do you have any advice for someone who can't align their body? I really have been struggling for a very long time, and I'm not sure why I never asked or brought up the question.. Maybe I was just embarrassed that I can't do something so simple, bit since the cat is out of the bag, well here I am!

Eyad

Just looked at some of my swings and I am really coming across the ball pretty badly especially with my irons.. no wonder I am pull drawing the ball! I know that I am not doing that when I am recording my swings on the range, and I'm not really sure what the cause can be... I was always under the assumption that peoples swings don't change at all.. it is very strange that I have a swing path that goes out to the right on the range and a path that goes left on the course.. must be the first person in history to do this! I think I have to get my 5sk instructor involved asap.. Thanks Erik for pointing that out, I'm not sure why I didn't see it.. then again, I am really not doing much analysis on my swing anymore..

Eyad

Just had a chance to watch.

Looks like a fun course.  We don't have trees like that up here.. :-P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Just had a chance to watch.   Looks like a fun course.  We don't have trees like that up here.. :-P

It is fun, except when the ball gets lost in the palm tree.. I wanted to capture some of the deers that run around too, but I guess I didn't pay enough attention! Maybe next time!

Eyad

Working on laying the shaft down as I have been for the past 4 months or so.. I usually work on this at least 10 - 15 minutes a day or so with a mirror.. I have the feel down pretty good when I'm practicing, I can get that shaft laying down in a very exaggerated manner.. I'm not sure if I can actually exaggerate this feel anymore actually.. However.. it is still not translating into the picture changing 100% yet..

My miss is a pull draw from hell.. the good news is that I don't slice the ball at all.. I either hit it straight.. push it 5 - 10 yards out with no real spin or pull draw it.. (try drawing up a shot zone with a 3 way trajectory.. the good news is that it is only 3 ways and not all 9 :whistle: )

I sent in the above to videos to Evolvr as maybe they will see something with the way I'm practicing that can help me change..  I'm thinking that I need another drill (if one exists) to help me with the path.. There is no way I am the first person to have major path issues, and I'm sure they have seen them all.. it is probably time to pull out all the major tricks from the bag!  I know others have mentioned other feels, but I haven't tried anything other than the above drill!

Contact has been good.. I practiced my short game a little bit and I think that I really do need to get more bounce on my wedges.. From my previous lessons I know I shouldn't be taking up any grass with my pitch, but my club will occasionally do that, and I'm not talking about the leading edge, but rather the bottom of the club.. I bet if I had more bounce it would just bounce right off of the grass instead of dig in.. ( I think a wedge fitting is in order.. less than 21 days till my 30+ day vacation back in Mass.. can't wait!)

• Upvote 1

Eyad

Working on laying the shaft down as I have been for the past 4 months or so.. I usually work on this at least 10 - 15 minutes a day or so with a mirror.. I have the feel down pretty good when I'm practicing, I can get that shaft laying down in a very exaggerated manner.. I'm not sure if I can actually exaggerate this feel anymore actually.. However.. it is still not translating into the picture changing 100% yet..

My last Evolvr lesson included this piece and I'm still working it too. I think I do it fine in mirror and slow motion swings with a ball at the range, but on video at full speed, I can't seem to get it. I took a break from Evolvr (and golf) for a bit cuz of time constraints but hopefully can pick back up. I'd be embarrassed if I haven't powered through this stumbling block though. Hope you can get through it better than I'm able to thus far.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Eyad, dude, your swing has greatly improved since you first posted. Congratz on the good improvement you've made.. :beer:

My last Evolvr lesson included this piece and I'm still working it too. I think I do it fine in mirror and slow motion swings with a ball at the range, but on video at full speed, I can't seem to get it. I took a break from Evolvr (and golf) for a bit cuz of time constraints but hopefully can pick back up. I'd be embarrassed if I haven't powered through this stumbling block though. Hope you can get through it better than I'm able to thus far.

Thanks Randy... oh come on.. no reason to be embarrassed about something like this.. :beer:

Heck.. if that was the case I would have stopped playing from embarrassment a long time go... I'm sure the same for everyone else..  I'm going to keep working on it until I find a feel that works.. I'm thinking of going to the extreme feel of the club basically being horizontal to the ground at A5 and see if that works :banana:

Eyad, dude, your swing has greatly improved since you first posted. Congratz on the good improvement you've made..

Thanks Greg,  I try to put things in perspective.. I mean this same time last year I didn't really know anything about swing path, pivoting, turn rates or what laying the club down even means... However, I just know that this is such an important piece I am working on, because it will change my ball flight forever if when I am able to get it right on a consistent basis!

edit: accidentally watched an older video by accident.  good swing

Thank you.. I didn't see your previous comment so no worries!

It's a tough piece for a lot of us I think, obviously even tougher with the woods. Have you (or anyone) tried the Medicus training aid below? It's the one @iacas uses in that Key #4 video. Thinking about giving it a whirl...

Tell me about it.. I am just trying so hard to leave the OTT club.. I feel like I have over stayed my welcome and I just need to pack my bags and graduate into the in-out club! :smartass:

I have seen that training aid below, and a few times I have put things down on the ground to replicate the same idea.. I think I just really need to exaggerate to the n'th level and see what happens.. Stephan wants my club to be pointing about 18 inches past the ball once I get to A5.. I am sure the result he wants is for it to be around 6 inches or so, but what if I exaggerate until it is horizontal with the ground??  work my way back you know??

I definitely want to hear more stories from people who have overcome this piece and how it has improved their game!

Eyad