IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

I can't fault a single thing... nice and steady, full body, perfectly centered, strong and powerful, I have really enjoyed watching the progress, looks great.....

But that's just your beard!!!!! :dance:

Swing is looking like it's taking shape nicely.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that beard is BAD ASS!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, that beard is BAD ASS!

I've only had it for the past 9 years or so. [quote name="hopefulhacker" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/140_10#post_946664"]I can't fault a single thing... nice and steady, full body, perfectly centered, strong and powerful, I have really enjoyed watching the progress, looks great..... But that's just your beard!!!!!  :dance: Swing is looking like it's taking shape nicely.  [/quote] Well that's good, I've been making sure I keep it up and pay special attention to it and go to professionals every once and a while.. I've been working on the swing too for the past 6 months on a serious basis as we'll :) [quote name="hopefulhacker" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/140_10#post_946671"] What priorities are you working on??? Growing a beard like Abu3baid's and then some other thing to do with my swing that I'm not really concerned about...  Serious beard envy.  [/quote] Growing the beard is the easy part.. I have two specific items I'm working on, the first is making sure I get a full deep turn so that my shoulder doesn't force my chin to go up and strain my eyes on keeping it on the ball.. The other is key4 concentrating on laying the club down from the top and having the shaft line up with my forearm on the downswing... Still a lot of work to do... Slow reps!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quick question.. As you all know I am working on key#1 because my shoulder makes me lift my chin slightly mainly because I start turning flat after the initial take away.. However while I was doing slow reps tonight I realized that if I don't actually rotate my left wrist my shoulder continues to rotate down and my shoulder doesn't force my chin up as much anyway.. Basically in the take away the end of my club will be pointing inside the ball instead if at it.. So really getting steep to shollow.. Any thoughts?

Eyad

Took my game to the course again today, and it is just so difficult to take the swings at home and make the picture change.. Why doesn't it want to change damn it!!

I think that I have addressed my shoulder moving my chin up issue enough for it not to be an issue, but I don't think I am getting my weight forward enough, nor am I really flattening the club on the downswing nearly enough or at all as compared to my slow work and even my real swing with my pitching wedge.

Which brings up a real important question, in order to change the picture is it really enough for me to do the slow work and practice swings with a pitching wedge?  Or should I be doing it with my long clubs as well.. This sucks.

Here are the vids from today.

I'm going to go ahead and do all my slow work with my 3H from now on.. I can't give up now.

Eyad

I think for a hybrid that is a bit to far back in your stance. I Honestly think practicing with the ball forward a bit will help promote a flat left wrist more. When I got things well, I was hitting push draws with an 8 iron, and the ball was just inside my left foot (driver position). I would say it needs to be about 1 ball length forward, or your back foot needs to be about 1 ball length to the right (slightly wider stance). I think that might help get the hands a bit more forward at impact.

Yea but solid man, looking good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I know that I am my own biggest critic and I think the picture might be changing, but very slowly?  left is old, right is new.

Eyad

I think for a hybrid that is a bit to far back in your stance. I Honestly think practicing with the ball forward a bit will help promote a flat left wrist more. When I got things well, I was hitting push draws with an 8 iron, and the ball was just inside my left foot (driver position). I would say it needs to be about 1 ball length forward, or your back foot needs to be about 1 ball length to the right (slightly wider stance). I think that might help get the hands a bit more forward at impact.

Yea but solid man, looking good.

Thanks Matt.. I have a question.. if the ball is that forward how would that help with the swing coming from the inside?  Or is it because it will force me to get my weight forward more and promote a better transition into the downswing (i.e. give me or make me believe that I have more time for transitioning into impact)..

Having said that I will video my self with the ball position as you are suggesting and see if it helps.

Thanks for your input!

Eyad

Thanks Matt.. I have a question.. if the ball is that forward how would that help with the swing coming from the inside?  Or is it because it will force me to get my weight forward more and promote a better transition into the downswing (i.e. give me or make me believe that I have more time for transitioning into impact)..

Having said that I will video my self with the ball position as you are suggesting and see if it helps.

Thanks for your input!

Nah, those shots I was doing was just for fun because it was interesting. I was really manipulating the path of the swing, it really isn't a viable shot. I do stupid stuff for the last 10-20 golf balls in a basket just to have fun. Like trying to hit the 100 yard marker with a long iron punch shots. Keeps things fresh.

But I do think that if a person has the ball to far back that they will adjust and start to flip at the ball. I can probably say that most amateurs will end up placing the ball to far back in their stance than too far forward. Mostly because they usually chunk or thin a shot, so it will gradually move back to were the club hits the ground.

Having the ball forward just gives a reference point for contact. So the hands have to go forward. Your weight will always be forward, and your head will always be steady if you are swinging good. If the ball is back, then the only thing that changes is were the left wrist becomes flat at. Tiger's left wrist at impact is infront of his left hip.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Key #1 work seems to be paying off (to my untrained eye) Was Key#3 ever a priority? It seems that you are casting ever so slightly in the FO vid. I may be wrong there. Being hard on yourself isn't a bad thing, just don't be too hard. Maybe try to forget about all the changes when on the course, if you drill it enough on the range it'll eventually just come natural during a round. Can I ask what you're shooting these days?

Nah, those shots I was doing was just for fun because it was interesting. I was really manipulating the path of the swing, it really isn't a viable shot. I do stupid stuff for the last 10-20 golf balls in a basket just to have fun. Like trying to hit the 100 yard marker with a long iron punch shots. Keeps things fresh.  But I do think that if a person has the ball to far back that they will adjust and start to flip at the ball. I can probably say that most amateurs will end up placing the ball to far back in their stance than too far forward. Mostly because they usually chunk or thin a shot, so it will gradually move back to were the club hits the ground.  Having the ball forward just gives a reference point for contact. So the hands have to go forward. Your weight will always be forward, and your head will always be steady if you are swinging good. If the ball is back, then the only thing that changes is were the left wrist becomes flat at. Tiger's left wrist at impact is infront of his left hip.

Thanks, it's possible that my feet are too close together, it was probably because of the correction I made when my stance was way too wide.. I do feel a bigger turn when I'm just a little bit wider in my stance with a longer club... I mean in sure my stance shouldn't be the same width for all clubs right? [quote name="hopefulhacker" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/150_10#post_947134"]Key #1 work seems to be paying off (to my untrained eye) Was Key#3 ever a priority? It seems that you are casting ever so slightly in the FO vid. I may be wrong there. Being hard on yourself isn't a bad thing, just don't be too hard. Maybe try to forget about all the changes when on the course, if you drill it enough on the range it'll eventually just come natural during a round. Can I ask what you're shooting these days?[/quote] Na, key3 has not been a priority for me, but I think as I fix key 1 and 4 I hope key3 falls into place nicely.. I haven't played a real 18 course in months now, but I have been shooting bogey golf really on the shirt course although I have been getting a few birdies here and there, hit it to 2 feet today on hole 9 from 90 yards out :) I have really only measuring my self with my contact and ball flight and once that is good I can move on to 50 yards in.. My putting is a strong part of my game so I'm not really paying attention to it... I need to go back to tracking scores tightly though to measure my progress.. Thanks bro

Eyad

Was Key#3 ever a priority? It seems that you are casting ever so slightly in the FO vid. I may be wrong there.

Na, key3 has not been a priority for me, but I think as I fix key 1 and 4 I hope key3 falls into place nicely..

Correct Key #3 may not be the priority but improving impact alignments is obviously the end goal of making any changes. Otherwise there's no point in making the change ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Correct Key #3 may not be the priority but improving impact alignments is obviously the end goal of making any changes. Otherwise there's no point in making the change ;-)

Of course I want to not only improve impact alignments but make good lasting changes as well.. I don't really know how bad key3 is for me right now, but all I can do is work on what Stephan asked me to work on right!

Eyad

Just saw this thread for the first time.  Impressive changes @Abu3baid !  Good advert for evolvr too!  I've gotta get my s*** together and join up.  At least get some good enough videos to post here and get some quickie critiques.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I know that I am my own biggest critic and I think the picture might be changing, but very slowly?  left is old, right is new.

Isn't the "old" swing the one you posted a week ago? I'd call that pretty fast improvement, if you ask me. Keep up the good work!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just saw this thread for the first time.  Impressive changes @Abu3baid !  Good advert for evolvr too!  I've gotta get my s*** together and join up.  At least get some good enough videos to post here and get some quickie critiques.

Even though I'm not where I need to be yet, I can honestly say that it has been a great investment truly, the end result should really be an advertisement for evolvr of before and after pics! [quote name="billchao" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/150_10#post_947224"]Isn't the "old" swing the one you posted a week ago? I'd call that pretty fast improvement, if you ask me. Keep up the good work! [/quote] Yes, it was from last week... But still I was just disappointed because I thought I had made more changes that's all.. I'm just going to keep at it and maybe just maybe things will improve soon! Thanks guys

Eyad

Of course I want to not only improve impact alignments but make good lasting changes as well.. I don't really know how bad key3 is for me right now, but all I can do is work on what Stephan asked me to work on right!

Yes obviously we want the changes to stick ;-) I think James is doing your next Evolvr, curious to see what he has to say. I have an idea of where he might go but not going to say anything for now.

Isn't the "old" swing the one you posted a week ago? I'd call that pretty fast improvement, if you ask me. Keep up the good work!

Agree, good amount of change in a short time period.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram