IGNORED

2013 Deutsche Bank Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

haha, yeah what a choke.  Gotta go -4 in the last four

Originally Posted by mvmac

uh... I think it was just TWE saying he was imploding.

No that was you too saying that crap.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Motley01

Think about it. He SHOULD have won the US Open. So really he should have TWO majors this year. And now....maybe the FedEx Cup too!

Why should he have won the U.S. Open? Seems to me Justin Rose should have (and did) win it.

No that was you too saying that crap.

Your sarcasm detector clearly broken. Please see your local authorized service center.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Your sarcasm detector clearly broken. Please see your local authorized service center.

That was funny!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by iacas

Why should he have won the U.S. Open? Seems to me Justin Rose should have (and did) win it.

Phil had it sealed up if it wasn't for that that short par 3. He gave it away to Justin. Great win for Justin, but Phil clearly gave it to him.

You must have missed my double sarcasm back too? Its called sarcasm with some "backspin".

Phil had it sealed up if it wasn't for that that short par 3. He gave it away to Justin. Great win for Justin, but Phil clearly gave it to him.

Can't discount what Rosie did, but I agree Phil wins the Open if he hit that green (the 13th?). Sorry, off-topic.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Why isnt this tourny televised until 3 est?  its only televised for three hours...  and tigers group tees off around one. its like this every week.  its quite irritating; i need to watch my golf people.

I'm guessing because its only round 2. Tomorrow they have the normal weekend schedule with golf channel coverage in the morning and NBC in the afternoon. Same thing on Monday. Edit: besides, it's the opening weekend of the college football season! There's barely enough time for 3 hours of golf. ;)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm guessing because its only round 2. Tomorrow they have the normal weekend schedule with golf channel coverage in the morning and NBC in the afternoon. Same thing on Monday.

Edit: besides, it's the opening weekend of the college football season! There's barely enough time for 3 hours of golf. ;)

Check out the big brain on Brad...

Dave :-)

You must have missed my double sarcasm back too? Its called sarcasm with some "backspin".

Yep totally missed it

Originally Posted by theworldengine

Having a look at this leaderboard; Garcia, Rose, Kuchar, Stenson, Spieth, Mahan, are all locks to choke it away.  Phil, Stricker, Tigah, Dufnah, and Jason Day will seriously contend.  I plan on being at the tournament tomorrow.

Why would Kuchar and Rose be a lock to choke?  They've won more than Jason Day has in the past couple years.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Wow. Just saw this stat on golf channel regarding Phil's tee shots on the 9th through 14th holes today ... And then ... . Somehow Michelson was 3rd on the money list in '09 and 6th in '10 with those GIR and putting stats. Holy short game batman!

Watching Phil today was remarkable. Couldn't hit a good tee shot for the life of him but would recover amazingly. Good to see the top three play together. On a side note... What the hell is up with Nick Thompsons swing? My god it's uglyyyy.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator

Somehow Michelson was 3rd on the money list in '09 and 6th in '10 with those GIR and putting stats. Holy short game batman!

You'd rank pretty high on the PGA Tour's money list if you won two or three events and shot 90 in every other round you play, if you know what I mean. Obviously Phil's year was not like that, but his years tend to be more like that than most PGA Tour pros. He's very streaky. When he's on, it's phenomenal. When he's off, it's equally as spectacular to watch. Yesterday, oddly, he was both off and on at the same time, and the day before just all "on."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thats why I like watching Phil so much. He can get in some tough places, and have some amazing recovery shots. I think he appeals to a lot of us here.

I would rather watch Phil make some crazy recovery shots, than watch some guy hit every fairway and green. Thats boring golf.

Wow. Just saw this stat on golf channel regarding Phil's tee shots on the 9th through 14th holes today ...

Somehow Michelson was 3rd on the money list in '09 and 6th in '10 with those GIR and putting stats. Holy short game batman!

And somehow even with that ENORMOUS graphic you still managed to not spell his name correctly!  lol

Phil's the man though.  His short game is magic.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

And somehow even with that ENORMOUS graphic you still managed to not spell his name correctly!  lol Phil's the man though.  His short game is magic.

iPhone autocorrect. Michelson (just testing ... Yup). Sorry about that. I sincerely apologize. I'm just glad you were still able to understand what I was saying with that horrific gaffe clogging everything up. Whew ... Load off my mind. ;)

Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!