IGNORED

Best String of Holes / Most Consecutive Birdies/Eagles / Most Consecutive Pars

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am no birdie machine but every once in a while several in a row go in.  My best string of holes goes back years: eagle, birdie, birdie, birdie.  At the time I had never shot under 45 for 9 holes and never broke 90 for a full 18.  For that brief period of time I was unstoppable.  After opening the round with a double bogey I rolled in a putt for my first eagle and then followed that with 3 consecutive birdies.  Thoughts of a course record were quickly extinguished by a series of bogeys, doubles and triples.  Barely kept it under 50 for the nine.

Since that time the best I have been able to do is three consecutive birdies and those occurrences are few and far between.  Don't really know what my best string of "par or better" holes is.  I know I have never made par on every hole for nine.

What about everyone else?

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've made 5 consecutive pars and 3 consecutive birdies.  The three birdies were 7, 8, and 9 on my home course.  The 7 is a long uphill very tough par 3 that has a big green but steep drop offs on all side and a lot of lateral hazard in front.  Stuck a 3H and sunk the putt.  Hole 8 is easy dogleg right.  Drive from the gold tees (one tee up from tips) only needs 240 carry to get over the line of bunkers and leaves with an easy SW into the green.  Next up par 5.  Easy drive, cautious 200 yd layup that must carry water and avoid bunkers in landing area, wedge to green and a putt.  Was a great day I could hardly believe it.

I've had a string of 4 pars and 2 pars separated by a triple bogey and ended on a bogey then double bogey...... Rather bummed overall

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

A few weeks ago I started my round +1 through 3 then eagle-birdie-birdie on holes 4-6. Felt good until the panic set in on the 7th tee realizing I was standing there at -3. Of course I played 7-9 +3 to finish the front even. It was late so I only made it a few more holes before it got dark but I played those even par as well. I thought it was a fluke but it opened a door because with the exception of one bad front 9 my scores have dropped considerably.

Dave :-)

I have gone eagle birdie or birdie eagle and have made 3 birdies in 4 holes, but don't think I have ever had 3 under par holes in a row.

Not sure about my longest par string, but Tuesday I closed with 8 straight pars and Wednesday I opened up with 4 consecutive pars for a total of 12 pars in a row.  After the bogey at 5, I made 3 pars, a birdie and 3 more pars so I was even for a 20 hole stretch over 2 days with 18 pars, 1 birdie and 1 bogey.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Last weekend. Shot a career best 84 and had a string of birdie, birdie, par on the back nine. The first birdie, I came up 6 inches short of and eagle and the second birdie was a par 3 where I missed my first hole in one by 2 inches!
my get up and go musta got up and went..

No promises because I've only been keeping stats for a year or so now but ...

I think my longest streak of birdies is 2 (I don't recall ever having more than 3 in a round) and my longest string of pars is 5.

Coincidentally, my longest string of single bogies appears to also be 5 ... as does my longest string of "others" (double or worse).  :)

I don't know if it's my longest string or not, but 3 years ago I had 6 consecutive pars.  Couldn't tell you if I've bested that or not since then.

Last year I had 3 consecutive birdies on holes 6, 7 and 8.  Then promptly made an "other" on the 9th finishing hole.  It was either triple or a quad after putting 2 in the drink.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The course I used to belong to had back to back par 5s and I made eagles back to back on them quite a few times. The next hole is a drivable par 4 and my goal was to someday make three eagles in a row on those three holes. Never happened so two eagles and a birdie is the best I've ever done over three holes. I also made back to back eagles at my current course last year but quite a bit of luck was involved since I holed out a PW on a par 4 and made a 30' eagle putt on the next hole, a par 5.

The best stretch of golf I've ever played was on a winter day and I only had time for 8 holes (and used the lights on my golf cart for the last putt). Made a par on the first hole and then made 7 straight birdies. I have no clue what was going on that day because I had never hit the ball that well before and I have never hit the ball that well since. All of my birdie putts were inside of 8 feet.

I always wondered how long I might have been able to hold it together that day if I had more daylight.

I've had a 9 hole stretch of 9 straight pars before, hit 9 out of 9 greens

My best stretch though was two saturdays ago

Par - Birdie - Bogey - Birdie - Par - Birdie - Par - Birdie - Par, 8 GIR's.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On Wednesday I had a Par, Birdie, Par, Par, Eagle, Birdie stretch. One of my better ones.

My favorite was playing a difficult course in Florida and I birdied 3 out of the first four holes. All very difficult holes by making 3 20 plus foot putts.

3 birdies in a row 3 times. Never 4.... Last week had 4 birdies and 2 pars in 6 holes, that's my best ever.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've made 4 birdies in a row at least twice....

I went EAGLE-EAGLE...once

I don't know how many pars in a row....I know I've shot even par for 9 holes with all pars a few times.  What is the longest streak? LOL...I don't know.  I never really thought about it. It's definitely more than 9!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Speaking of streaks, a couple of weeks ago I started the round 4 (birdie), 4 (par), 4 (bogey), 4 (par), 4 (par), 4 (bogey), 4 (par). Made 5 on 8(par) and 4 on 9(bogey).

Originally Posted by tmac20

Speaking of streaks, a couple of weeks ago I started the round 4(birdie), 4(par), 4(bogey), 4(par), 4(par), 4(bogey), 4(par). Made 5 on 8(par) and 4 on 9(bogey).

means nothing.....you failed on 8!!

I get the "ALL 4s" thing........but you made a 5 on 8!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!