IGNORED

2013 NFL Football

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

:doh: thanks for the correction - 6-10, guess I was hoping we'd gone to an 18 game season already.

Maybe you were thinking arena league? The AFL has an 18-game season, and the games pretty much don't interfere with watching golf (they tend to be evening games and most are streamed online, legally). It also doesn't overlap the NFL regular season or playoffs, if that's a concern for you. [quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/69880/2013-nfl-football/18#post_897389"]Why can't you just be a fan of your own team?  Why do you have to act like a 3 year old and piss on other teams?  It makes you look so childish. [/quote] This is something I don't get about team sports. I'm sure the vast majority of fans aren't like this, but it's what stands out about it. But man, some of the immature poor sportsmanship I see is so edgy... ;-) Part of what I love about watching pro golf and less popular sports: the fandom I notice is more league-first, preferences second. [quote name="jamo" url="/t/69880/2013-nfl-football/18#post_897405"] Also, just so Steelers fans feel better, Maurkice Pouncey was injured by noted Patriot-killer Bernard Pollard, who has injured Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Rob Gronkowski, and was the last person ever to tackle Aaron Hernandez. I can only advise that you guys lock up Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell somewhere the next time the Bengals roll into town.[/quote] Pollard also concussed Mr. Ridley in the same game when he tackled Aaron Hernandez, and is currently with the Titans (who the Steelers don't play again this regular season).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pollard also concussed Mr. Ridley in the same game when he tackled Aaron Hernandez, and is currently with the Titans (who the Steelers don't play again this regular season).

You're right on both counts! Not sure why I thought Bengals.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Wait, what? Did I say "hate?" Sorry ... I meant I looove football!!!!!

Bolts 33, Eagles 30 ... Woohooooooo!!!!!

I hope the Bolts rebound this year.  When divisions have competition, it is way more fun to watch.  I didn't get to see this game, but hopefully it was entertaining.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hang on, Lions!!!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Why can't you just be a fan of your own team?  Why do you have to act like a 3 year old and piss on other teams?  It makes you look so childish.

You are aware that super bowl champ shirt I am referencing was actually won by the Patriots after some nefarious activities involving Bill Bellicheat correct. While I am a fan of the league as a whole I will never respect the Patriots.

You are aware that super bowl champ shirt I am referencing was actually won by the Patriots after some nefarious activities involving Bill Bellicheat correct. While I am a fan of the league as a whole I will never respect the Patriots.

Poor sportsmanship (and oh-so-edgy name calling!) aside, you're demonstrably wrong. According to Wikipedia, in 2000 (the year you listed for having the SB shirt), the Patriots went 5-11 and didn't qualify for the playoffs. That's an amazingly odd definition you have for winning the Super Bowl. Now, in calendar year 2000, the Rams (who I assume, from context, are the team you prefer) did win a Super Bowl - over the Titans. However, during that season, Belichick was (again, according to Wikipedia) an assistant coach with the New York Jets - a team that also wasn't in the Super Bowl.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Poor sportsmanship (and oh-so-edgy name calling!) aside, you're demonstrably wrong. According to Wikipedia, in 2000 (the year you listed for having the SB shirt), the Patriots went 5-11 and didn't qualify for the playoffs. That's an amazingly odd definition you have for winning the Super Bowl. Now, in calendar year 2000, the Rams (who I assume, from context, are the team you prefer) did win a Super Bowl - over the Titans. However, during that season, Belichick was (again, according to Wikipedia) an assistant coach with the New York Jets - a team that also wasn't in the Super Bowl.

Quite correct. I would assume with your amazing prowess to research facts you could have recognized the mistake on my part and concluded that I was referring to the 2001 super bowl. That being said, being a fan of a sports team generally involves dislike for other teams in the league. I'll try to stick your standards of fandom going forward. Go Rams but I also hope everyone else's team can be successful as well.

I disagree, I could see the Bills pull off a few more wins against the Jets, Dolphins, and maybe Cleveland or Baltimore, and get to 7 or 8 wins. I think EJ Manuel is the real deal.

Also, just so Steelers fans feel better, Maurkice Pouncey was injured by noted Patriot-killer Bernard Pollard, who has injured Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and Rob Gronkowski, and was the last person ever to tackle Aaron Hernandez. I can only advise that you guys lock up Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell somewhere the next time the Bengals roll into town.

After being at the game yesterday and seeing Manuel lead us down the field 80 yards in 90 seconds w no timeouts for a touchdown my confidence about 7 or 8 wins is very high. Defense looks vastly improved as well. We are in a very weak division aside from New England who is not themselves right now. Jets twice, Dolphins twice, Browns, Jacksonville, Tampa, KC Chiefs and maybe we steal one against one of the elite teams we play. Lot of winnable games there.

After being at the game yesterday and seeing Manuel lead us down the field 80 yards in 90 seconds w no timeouts for a touchdown my confidence about 7 or 8 wins is very high. Defense looks vastly improved as well. We are in a very weak division aside from New England who is not themselves right now. Jets twice, Dolphins twice, Browns, Jacksonville, Tampa, KC Chiefs and maybe we steal one against one of the elite teams we play. Lot of winnable games there.

The Browns are a gift to every team they play this season.

Unbelievable run defense, top 3 DB in the league, 0 offense, worst opposite DB in the league. Not a good combination...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Bills fan here. Feel cautiously optimistic about the team. Could see a 7-9 maybe even 8 and 8 season this year. Like what I am seeing from EJ Manuel.

Go bills!  I think 7-9 or 8-8 sounds about right.

Looking at the Bills schedule they will be lucky to go 6-12, but I doubt they win more than 5.

Sep 08

NE 23 @ BUF 21 - Loss

Sep 15

CAR @ BUF - win

Sep 22

BUF @ NYJ - Possible Win

Sep 29

BAL @ BUF - Loss

Oct 03

BUF @ CLE - win

Oct 13

CIN @ BUF - Loss

Oct 20

BUF @ MIA - Possible Win

Oct 27

BUF @ NO - Loss

Nov 03

KC @ BUF - Possible Win

Nov 10

BUF @ PIT - Loss

Nov 17

NYJ @ BUF - Win

Bye

Dec 01

ATL @ BUF - Loss

Dec 08

BUF @ TB - Win

Dec 15

BUF @ JAC - Win

Dec 22

MIA @ BUF - Possible Win

Dec 29

BUF @ NE - Loss unless NE clichés and benches starters

I'd say 7-9.  The Miami games could go either way, and I think they've got a good shot at sweeping the Jets.  9-7 would require them to win every game against the bottom half of their opponents, without blowing a single game.

They're really a talented team.  Their OL was one of the best last year, they've got a great RB duo and a young, unproven, but talented WR corps.  The D-Line is stacked, probably top 2 in the NFL.  If McKelvin keeps up his good play and you add Gilmore and Byrd back into the mix, they DB's could be pretty good, too.  Their biggest hurdle is experience and learning to close out games.  Yesterday was great in that sense, but against the Pats they didn't run out the clock and let Brady have on of his patented 40 yard drives into FG range with a minute left.

Safe to say the patriots and Belicheat are going to be a non factor this year. As shitty as that Pats Jets game was, seeing Brady cry, bitch, and moan on the sidelines was worth watching the rest of the garbage. Brady is in for a long season

They're definitely in trouble.  I just dont think they have the talent on offense to put up the numbers that they're used to.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Go bills!  I think 7-9 or 8-8 sounds about right.

I'd say 7-9.  The Miami games could go either way, and I think they've got a good shot at sweeping the Jets.  9-7 would require them to win every game against the bottom half of their opponents, without blowing a single game.

They're really a talented team.  Their OL was one of the best last year, they've got a great RB duo and a young, unproven, but talented WR corps.  The D-Line is stacked, probably top 2 in the NFL.  If McKelvin keeps up his good play and you add Gilmore and Byrd back into the mix, they DB's could be pretty good, too.  Their biggest hurdle is experience and learning to close out games.  Yesterday was great in that sense, but against the Pats they didn't run out the clock and let Brady have on of his patented 40 yard drives into FG range with a minute left.

They're definitely in trouble.  I just dont think they have the talent on offense to put up the numbers that they're used to.

The defense looks a thousand percent better than last year and that's as you said with missing our 2 best db's. Bringing over the Jets DC seems to have made a big impact.  The back breaking penalties have GOT to be corrected though. Its getting obsurd.

All in all I have not felt this excited about the bills in my entire time watching them. (I'm 23, so wasn't old enough to enjoy the Kelly run)

I said it all last year and I have been proven right.

rg3 was nothing more than a fad.

the redskins qb is bob griffin and absolutely nothing more.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I said it all last year and I have been proven right.

rg3 was nothing more than a fad.

the redskins qb is bob griffin and absolutely nothing more.

I couldn't disagree more.  You might have missed it, but he's coming off major knee surgery and didnt play in a single preseason game.  He hasn't gotten back to running the ball yet but he will when he and the coaches get more comfortable with the knee.  In the meantime, he's thrown for 650 yards, 5 TDs, and 3 int in 2 games.  His QB rating is 89.6.  Fad?  Tom Brady has 473 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT, QB rating of 74.1.

I think its a foregone conclusion that the future QB will rely more on more on his legs.  There are so many guys in the league now that can throw as well as the best pocket passers AND run, too.  Throw in all these rule changes to protect the offensive players from big hits and late hits and there are few and fewer reasons for the QB NOT to run the ball.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I couldn't disagree more.  You might have missed it, but he's coming off major knee surgery and didnt play in a single preseason game.  He hasn't gotten back to running the ball yet but he will when he and the coaches get more comfortable with the knee.  In the meantime, he's thrown for 650 yards, 5 TDs, and 3 int in 2 games.  His QB rating is 89.6.  Fad?  Tom Brady has 473 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT, QB rating of 74.1.

I think its a foregone conclusion that the future QB will rely more on more on his legs.  There are so many guys in the league now that can throw as well as the best pocket passers AND run, too.  Throw in all these rule changes to protect the offensive players from big hits and late hits and there are few and fewer reasons for the QB NOT to run the ball.

Dont get too hyped up on the passing stats - every stiff QB racks up numbers when down by 30 and facing a prevent defense. How do think Stafford puts up pro bowl numbers on  a 2-14 team?

the legend of bob griffin is dead before it starts.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

• Administrator

Again, I ask: when's the last truly successful "hybrid" or "running" QB?

Steve Young?

Running QBs get hit a lot and tend to have short bursts of great years with a lot of blah years and injuries.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

All in all I have not felt this excited about the bills in my entire time watching them. (I'm 23, so wasn't old enough to enjoy the Kelly run)

Then you know better than to get excited, don't you?  I mean during week one, did you ever doubt that Brady would march down the field whenever it became necessary?

I'm 29, and I only vaguely remember the super bowls.  I dont live near Buffalo, so I've only been to one game.  Bills lost to the Browns 6-3 in a game where Derek Anderson completed 2 passes for 23 yards.  That's the sort of thing I expect.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Again, I ask: when's the last truly successful "hybrid" or "running" QB?

Steve Young?

Running QBs get hit a lot and tend to have short bursts of great years with a lot of blah years and injuries.

McNabb and Vick have had pretty good careers.  And I don't think we've seen athletes at the position like we have now.  RG3 and Cam Newton can run as well as the most mobile qb's in history but they also have very strong and accurate arms.  I think that's what sets them apart from the Kordell Stewarts of the world.  I haven't really watched  Russell Wilson or Colin Kapernick that closely, so I can't speak to their arms in particular, but their success is telling.

And the rule changes could be what keeps these guys healthy longer.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Note: This thread is 3698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!