IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Craters of the Moon: Birdie. If you appreciate those low budget films you can find on Prime it’s a good one. I thought the characters did a wonderful job of building themselves with such a limited set. Really glad I gave it a chance. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This Mission IMpossible Fallout fight scene was so good. Spoilers.

Spoiler

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Blindspotting. Birdie. In light of current events this movie helped put me better understand a pov I couldn't even begin to grasp. The dramatic scenes are balanced by fun comedic bits and an appearance from a guy everyone knows but would have never guessed. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:41 AM, nevets88 said:

This Mission IMpossible Fallout fight scene was so good. Spoilers.

Hide contents

Rating?

We saw Mission Impossible: Fallout yesterday and I believe it is the best Mission Impossible.    The action was fast and furious from the start to the finish with lots of twists and drama.   You can see the real footage in the movie where Tom Cruise actually breaks his ankle (6 weeks delay).   The story line is very good and it ties things in nicely with the last Mission Impossible.

Chip in eagle

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Rating?

We saw Mission Impossible: Fallout yesterday and I believe it is the best Mission Impossible.    The action was fast and furious from the start to the finish with lots of twists and drama.   You can see the real footage in the movie where Tom Cruise actually breaks his ankle (6 weeks delay).   The story line is very good and it ties things in nicely with the last Mission Impossible.

Chip in eagle

It's back there in this thread, birdie.

Steve

My favorite Besson movie. La Femme Nikita. Waaayyyy before the tv show. Eagle. Now I get to watch it on the big screen again.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.32.50 PM.png

Steve

On 7/26/2018 at 6:57 PM, iacas said:

Battle of the Sexes, birdie.

I thought this was just going to be a typical little story, but it was better than I thought. Lots of stars, each playing their part really well.

I watched this tonight and give it a birdie as well.  The chauvinist men were cringe inducing.  I’m glad at the progress made over the last 45 years or so.  

Corey

Mission Impossible: Fallout - Birdie

A fun action packed movie with great character chemistry. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...

Ready Player One - Tap in Par

I really enjoyed this movie. It was a fun, light hearted nostalgia bomb. It doesn't take it self too seriously, except for adding to the characters motivations. The plot was straight forward, but not overly dull. The action scenes were enjoyable. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

The wife was out of town so I went and watched Mile 22.   Mark Walberg, John Malkovich, Ronda Rousey, and Lauren Cohen from The Walking Dead.

The movie is predictable like so many other movies in this genre except for an usual twist.  The action was fast paced, the acting was good.   

It's not something the wife would have enjoyed but I did.  I give it a long putt for par.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

This eclectic French romcom is very funny. Birdie. US Netflix.

Steve

• Administrator
10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This eclectic French romcom is very funny. Birdie. US Netflix.

"Un Peu Beaucoup Aveuglement" if you're looking for the French Title.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Searching - birdie. I think comparing it to Hitchcock's Rear Window is apt in that the window this time is a screen, albeit a small or large one, and what's behind the screen is not just one static room.

Steve

'Anna' Another good one on Prime. It's a thriller with a good story line. No big name actors of course but all did a fine job I thought. Good flow to the suspense with an interesting ending. I give it a surprise circle the hole birdie.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Touch of Evil. Orsen Welles' final film. The direction in this is just soooo good. Eagle. US Netflix. Highly recommend. Charlton Heston from the original Planet of the Apes, Janet Leigh from Psycho. Marlene Dietrich in a small role. 

Steve

The Boondock Saints - Easy Birdie

I love the writing. I like the gritty nature of the movie. William Defoe gives an amazing performance. He adds a silly nature that the movie needed to counter the dark gritty plot and action. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Away We Go, a 2009 film with Jim Halpert and Lillian from Bridesmaids. I give it a par. It was cute, funny, and touching at times. It was a little dull at times, too, hence the par. The two leads do a great job and feel like a great pairing. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

P.S. John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets