IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

One of the best action flicks I've seen in years. Some nice humorous touches too.

I have not watched the MI series for a while, and it was basically because of the one where they are on the beach about to get in a chopper or something and the guy holds them up.  The gun is sitting on the sand on the beach and Cruise stomps on the earth and the gun flies up into his hand and he takes out the bad guy (I thought only Chuck Norris could do that).  I know they are make believe and all that, but that scene took the cake for me.  Maybe we can blame Ethan Hunt for global warming, he kicked the earth closer to the sun.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most recent movie we saw was Inside Out, kid movie with some good adult humor thrown in.  Its a par, was cute.

A few of favorite movies in no particular order:

Casablanca

The Hustler/The Color of Money

Cool Hand Luke

The Maltese Falcon

Payback

Lawrence of Arabia

Patton

Dr. No

North By Northwest

Its A Wonderful Live/You Can't Take it With You/The Shop Around the Corner (Hard to beat old Frank Capra movies)

From Here to Eternity

Indiana Jones Trilogy

Spartacus

Wipe on, wipe off your conceptions of The Karate Kid

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Concussion Trailer - will be real interesting to see how this does at the box office.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Leviathan with Peter Weller Birdie- I'm a sucker for monster movies Event Horizon- Eagle- one of the best horror movies

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Leviathan with Peter Weller

Birdie- I'm a sucker for monster movies

Event Horizon- Eagle- one of the best horror movies

Thumbs up for Event Horizon, that was a nasty good movie.

Just watched John Wick.  It seemed like Payback meets Kill Bill to me.  Over the top amounts of action.  I can't give it more than a bogey.  Won't give away any part of the movie but there are a few scenes and one in particular where the popcorn flies out of your mouth the scenario is so ridiculously unbelievable

Watched Iron Eagle last night, was released in 1986, wow almost 30 years ago.  I give it a par because of Lou Gossett Jr.  who is actually pretty good in such a corny film.

So many movies from the 80's, adults can't do anything so the kids have to rise up against the no nothing adults to get something done.  As long as you can dispel belief, it has some entertaining parts.  Who doesn't like to watch F-16's in dogfights and bombing the bad guys.  Oh the movies from my youth.

The Soundtrack rocks!

Plus it had a young Melora Hardin in it.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Watched Iron Eagle last night, was released in 1986, wow almost 30 years ago.  I give it a par because of Lou Gossett Jr.  who is actually pretty good in such a corny film.

So many movies from the 80's, adults can't do anything so the kids have to rise up against the no nothing adults to get something done.  As long as you can dispel belief, it has some entertaining parts.  Who doesn't like to watch F-16's in dogfights and bombing the bad guys.  Oh the movies from my youth.

The Soundtrack rocks!

Plus it had a young Melora Hardin in it.

Hey, at least it wasn't Howard the Duck.

I used to love Iron Eagle, was a great movie when I was a kid.  I still enjoy it, there are some good parts.  How they didn't get "Rock the Casbah" on that soundtrack I don't know but it is a great soundtrack, used to have it.

Hey, at least it wasn't Howard the Duck.

I used to love Iron Eagle, was a great movie when I was a kid.  I still enjoy it, there are some good parts.  How they didn't get "Rock the Casbah" on that soundtrack I don't know but it is a great soundtrack, used to have it.

Now that was an awful movie from the 80's.

-Jerry

Z for Zachariah - Sort of like the TV show, Last Man on Earth, but serious and a definitive end. Birdie.

Self/less . Great premise, poor execution, devolved into a too much action bowtie ending. Bogey. Could have been a really good movie w/the cast.

Seconds . Pretty much what Self/less was based on. A little bit drawn out in the middle w/the hedonism. A bleak but makes sense ending. Birdie.

Steve

The Thing - Hole in One

One of my favorite all-time horror movies

-Jerry

Thumbs up for Event Horizon, that was a nasty good movie.

That show is creepy as f$&k.; It still creeps me out every time I watch it. Watched MI:5. Par, barely. Lots of nice visuals, but I was kind of bored. Exodus: Gods And Kings. This one is a par. Great looking film, but it seemed like it was missing something.

Corey

Just finished watching the Big Lebowski, The Dude Abides!!! Movie is funny as hell.

-Jerry

Love & Mercy - birdie. Paul Dano a ringer for young Brian Wilson did a great job portraying him, managed a balance of Wilson's life around Pet Sounds and his later years dealing w/abusive doctor.  Great recording studio scenes. Looking forward to Ron Howard's Beatles documentary.

Steve

Gone Girl - Oh my God what a creepy movie! Very good, par to birdie.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Man from UNCLE

Moves deliberately, period piece for '60s,

Worth a watch. Birdie to Par.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The Dead Lands was a really good movie, very compelling.

It's also streaming on Netflix.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano