IGNORED

What will you shoot tomorrow?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Somewhere between 77 and 97.

It all depends on how I'm striking the ball and if I can get the rock to drop.  I shoot for two putt on every hole and work backwards from there, so when I hit a bad drive, I mentally tell myself I should accept bogey (poor drive, drop, approach, putt, putt).  If I hit one OB and have to take stroke & distance, I tell myself I should accept double (poor drive, drop/re-tee, drive, approach, putt, putt). Likewise, if I nut a drive to center fairway, I'm mentally telling myself to accept par (drive, approach, putt, putt).  That keeps me focused on the hole ahead and not the shot behind.  If I end up nutting an iron to center green from after taking a drop from a hazard after my poor drive and 1 putt for par, that just means I must be having one of those good days.  The only time I'm not thinking this two putt strategy is when I'm off the green (even in a greenside bunker)... I then focus on getting up and down.  This strategy has kept my anger at bay and my scores in the 80's (mostly) with some dipping into the 70's and some shooting up into the 90's still when things are just out of sorts.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Been working on my short game and putting the last 2 days at my home course. I'm aiming for 82-84 tomorrow but I will welcome a round in the 70's :-D

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Playing a tournament this Saturday.   I am "willing" myself to do 92 or better.   That should land me in top 1/3rd in standing.

Poon - what kind of prediction is that?   Playing safe, eh?   Here, I will predict one for you.  You will score 83.  Go make that happen.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a tournament this Saturday.   I am "willing" myself to do 92 or better.   That should land me in top 1/3rd in standing.

I am ashamed to report that I beat out two players who WD'd.  Among the ones who finished, I finished last with a net score in mid 90s.  The next day in a casual round, I did net 67 which would have won the tournament going away.   This is the 2nd time this exact sequence happened.  After a major flop in a tournament, played one of the best rounds of the year the following day.   If it happens again, I need to see a sport psychologist.

In this week, there are no tournaments to shame myself.  I will play two casual rounds and desperately need to put together a back to back decent rounds.   I am "willing" to score in low 90s for all the weekend rounds.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been practicing very well.  Just got my Edel putter and practiced for 3 straight days.   I am feeling good.   I am going to go out on a limb and say I will shot 88 tomorrow.  If not tomorrow, I will shoot in Monday.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

88, its been raining a bunch and I have not been practicing my full swing as much so I expect to hit less fairways and greens but after several hours of short game work and chipping in twice yesterday, I am feeling that my short game can carry me to an 88.

• 2 months later...

Going out to my home track in the morning with high confidence and a game that is, in theory, coming together. I'm guessing a 41-37-78 (70.5/124) with two birdies, 5 bogies and one double (the double will be on one of the first three holes).

I am predicting a 93 ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I am predicting a 93 ...

Good luck.

I must shoot below 93 tomorrow.  I will set 91 as my target.  For Sunday's round, 90.

My range sessions have been good.  I feel I am playing well but the score has been not cooperating.  I hope to turn the tide this weekend.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I will shoot 75. We'll see how many holes are left over after that.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...
Playing the second round of my club Championship tomorrow. Going to shoot 72 and win 6 and 5.

Ok, so, did you all shoot what you predicted?

Hot weather coming up for the weekend in my area with expected wind up to 12 mph (less than normal).   The condition is ideal for a good score.   I will score two round average of 91 and further reduce my HI. B-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Playin a skins 9 hole. Heres what the card will look like Hole. Par. Score. 1. 5. 5 2. 4. 5 3. 4. 3 4. 3. 3 hopefully 7ft. out gets me closest to the pin 5. 4. 3 6. 3. 3 7. 4. 5 8. 4. 5 9. 5. 3 To win the skins.

Playing an Oceanside links course I've never been to tomorrow, with 13mph winds forecast, but I will still finally break 100

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!