IGNORED

My Swing (billchao)

billchao

Little bit of practice today. Nothing major, just a bit of work on the clubhead at A4. Feel is the backswing is all shoulder turn while keeping the club in front of me.

Not working on anything in particular beyond that. Club was across the line pretty hard when I first started. Haven't kept up with the stuff I was doing earlier in the year. I honestly think I liked the swing from March better. Not going to worry about it now, since I'll have new stuff to work on soon.

I actually meant to map out shot zones with my Mevo+ today because I feel like I've lost some of my distance control on the course but I forgot to charge it so it didn't happen. I worked on short game stuff, instead.

Standard release 2 pitch to no particular distance. I apparently have no concept of how far the club goes back because I swore that was parallel, but it's clearly not. It's not even to parallel in the practice swing.

A throwback to an old challenge:

Messing around for fun:

• Thumbs Up 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good stuff. Could be the camera angle but from DTL your shoulders appear to be a bit too open at address, unless that's by design and you're trying to play fades or something. Otherwise tho, maybe a bad habit is creeping in there and you should square those up some?

11.PNG

Again, I could be wrong about this camera angle, but maybe consider squaring up the shoulders and softening the right arm a bit here as well? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

• Administrator

It’s almost entirely camera. Look at the grout line.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s almost entirely camera. Look at the grout line.

True, good point. 

Constantine

2 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Good stuff. Could be the camera angle but from DTL your shoulders appear to be a bit too open at address, unless that's by design and you're trying to play fades or something.

Yea, it’s not perfect. It’s kind of hard for me to set up the camera because it’s right up against the fence so it is what it is.

I do play a fade though, except when I draw it 😉

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Had a bunch of different things come up one after another that really limited my time and ability to practice, but got some in today:

I'm striking the ball pretty solidly, minus the occasional toe shank. As far as my priority piece goes, I'm doing the shift, back and up part pretty well, but the forward thing escapes me. I'm going to have to keep working at it slowly and in parts. It may have to be a timing thing for now. The downswing part works for me because it's just swing my arms down really fast because my lower body outraces my upper body.

I'm not going to sit here and pick it apart piece by piece. There are things I'm doing well and things I'm not. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it looks currently considering I've basically been doing only mirror work and playing for the past three weeks.

I also did some stuff on the Mevo+ just to get an idea of how I'm hitting the ball and needless to say, it's kind of all over the place:

27-06-24 Flightscope.png

I don't know what the heck is going on with that 9 iron. PW was solid, 8 iron was solid, 9 iron was all over the place. I started with 7 iron and then worked my way up the bag from short to long and that might have been a mistake. I was pretty tired by the time I was hitting the 6 iron.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Those look good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets