IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I usually get around 200 to 230 yards on my drive. They're pretty straight. I just started getting serious about golf and have no idea where exactly I can find more power in my swing. My swing speed is pretty moderate. If I start swinging harder, I lose control of where the ball is going, and I think we can all agree that is a bad thing. Is there anyone who can help give me some advice?

In My Ogio Grom Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 Superquad 460 CC
3 & 5 Wood: Cobra LD M Speed Offset
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWSIrons: Titleist AP1 4I-GW Sand Wedge: Callaway WarbirdPutter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Glove: Footjoy WeathersofShoe: Footjoy PRO Saddle DryjoyBall: Titleist NXT...

i hit it 240-250 off the tee with my 5 wood

I can't imagine this is a real average. I am between 220-240 with my driver as an average. This question should be banned as people just really don't know or pump it up to the hundreth degree.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I can't imagine this is a real average. I am between 220-240 with my driver as an average. This question should be banned as people just really don't know or pump it up to the hundreth degree.

Why should it be banned? It's quite simple. Tee yardage minus yardage left to hole after tee shot. Simple math right?

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I just started using my driver after getting a lesson, I had a couple yesterday at the range that were 275ish.. The rest were probably 230-245ish.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

My average is usually around 265, which is a considerable difference from last summers average (235-240). It's amazing what a couple lessons can do!

In my Callaway Stand Bag:

MX-700 9.5* stiff
2H 18deg Slingshot Tour
MP57 3-PW Rifle Flighted 5.0 54* Vokey Spin Milled 60* BRZ Tour Action 900 Studio Select Newport 2

After a slight adjustment I made, it's time to boost this up to 245.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I am a 61 yr. old newbie who started playing about this time last year. Hence, if you add up the months, excluding the winter months where no playing was possible, I have been at this for about 7 months.

I voted 151-200 yards. However, I might say that the last two rounds that I played, I had 7 out of 18 holes where I got 'em out there in the 275 to 290 yard area. I have had some lessons from a very learned and helpful pro, from which I have concentrated on a reasonably consistent good swing. Have focused more on that than yardage. When I first started, I considered 175 yards a pretty fair drive for me.

About the time I started lessons, I bought Ben Hogan's book about the 5 Fundamentals of Golf. This book has really helped me.

Now, when on the range, most of the drives are in the 225-250 yard range, plus or minus a few on either side of that bell-curve type distribution.

If I relax, an action very hard for me, I get pretty decent drives. When I try too hard or try to kill it, I get in trouble.

FYI, I am driving on the course mostly with a 3 wood. Get about 20-30 yards less, but I hit it more accurately.

Best regards to all,

Steve

My Driver I can only hit around 200 yards. So I use my 3-wood which gets me 225 to 240 nearly all the time, plus I am sitting in the fairway.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

wow due i hit my 5 wood 240-250 on average.

Well Bo, I hope you're not implying that because

you average 220-240 with your driver, nobody else could average higher with a lesser club. Those numbers (220-240) are pretty close to my 19° (3-hybrid) distances. (225-235). Sorry...I couldn't resist.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Yesterday i shot an 86 (38 putts) and i hit my driver several times 300 or over with my longest being about 310. so yes i do hit the ball a long ways. putting is suspect though

I'd say I fit into the 321+ range. I will have to take some video this weekend since I'm taking my girlfriend out with me so she can take it while I hit my drive.

I have a slight fade/slice so sometimes my shorter drives will hit 285-300 but for the most part on any par 5 on a level surface i'll hit it 320-340. I also threw the 35lb weight and hammer in college so it helped with the strength, flexibility and using my hips and legs rather than arms. Although I personally don't think it matters as much as some might think (I've seen guys much smaller than me hit a drive just as far) I am fairly heavy into lifting and running. (350 bench, 245 clean, 420 squat)

Driver: Taylor Made r5 9.5 - Stiff
Irons: Wilson Ci7 - TX105 Stiff
Putter: Cleveland VP Milled #1

On average, 220 to 230 yards (carry+roll). My longest was 270 (it was a fluke since I never hit another one like that one again).

If my back doesn't hurt (which is infrequent - currently being treated by a chiropractor), I have been able to eek out 240 - 250 (carry+roll).

I wish I could say that these distances are for carry, alone.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

I'd say I fit into the 321+ range. I will have to take some video this weekend since I'm taking my girlfriend out with me so she can take it while I hit my drive.

didnt really want to know that you go to the gym, but thanks for sharing,

do you enter longdrive events? if not why not? 12 handicap eh? you need to concentrate on scoring or take part in some longdrive.

Please try to keep it honest.

My driver carries about 22-225. I am 60 years old, and use an old Callaway Warbird with a senior shaft. When I have had my swing speed measured, it is 94 mph with the driver, and 88 with a 6 iron. My handicap is 4.2, and I almost never miss a fairway. I have NEVER been a long hitter, and rely on accuracy, good iron play, and a strong short game to play well and KNOCK OFF THE LONG BALL HITTERS!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

400 yards is my avarage.

ever crank up on a par 5 and get a hole-in-one?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!