IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good idea Erik. What's this Phil guy's problem? Kyle's life is not golf like your's is. He clearly said that scratch was not the immediate goal anymore. Maybe he doesn't have time to update this "diary" for some random golf teacher's muse, so quit harassing him to do so . . . your intentions to respond to his updates are irrelevant.

I have to admit you have a point... You can't assume that Kyle doesn't have anything to do other than update a thread.. Maybe he wants to update once a month.. Not that it matters, but I think changing the thread name really distorts the thread to anyone who runs into it... My opinion!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont have a problem-Im just asking Kyle to update his "diary' like he said he was going to. We all know his goal isnt scratch anymore.-The funny thing about freedom is I get to post this just as much as you get to post rude stuff about me. Im not even being rude-Just trying to prompt Kyle into sharing his experiences.[quote name="BENtSwing32" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/360#post_950091"]Good idea Erik. What's this Phil guy's problem? Kyle's life is not golf like your's is. He clearly said that scratch was not the immediate goal anymore. Maybe he doesn't have time to update this "diary" for some random golf teacher's muse, so quit harassing him to do so . . . your intentions to respond to his updates are irrelevant. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

Good idea Erik. What's this Phil guy's problem? Kyle's life is not golf like your's is. He clearly said that scratch was not the immediate goal anymore. Maybe he doesn't have time to update this "diary" for some random golf teacher's muse, so quit harassing him to do so . . . your intentions to respond to his updates are irrelevant.

I have to admit you have a point... You can't assume that Kyle doesn't have anything to do other than update a thread.. Maybe he wants to update once a month..

Not that it matters, but I think changing the thread name really distorts the thread to anyone who runs into it... My opinion!

@Abu3baid Yeah, that is true. Although the last 10 pages or so are completely useless lol. On the contrary, your MySwing thread is awesome. I'm learning a lot from how dedicated you are. Thanks!

• Administrator
Not that it matters, but I think changing the thread name really distorts the thread to anyone who runs into it... My opinion!

I don't think changing the thread title to more accurately depict Kyle's new goal is "distorting" anything.

And I don't think @Phil McGleno asking him to update the thread is rude. If he keeps asking, like every day, then it will be annoying, no doubt. But what's he done so far?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I dont have a problem-Im just asking Kyle to update his "diary' like he said he was going to. We all know his goal isnt scratch anymore.-The funny thing about freedom is I get to post this just as much as you get to post rude stuff about me. Im not even being rude-Just trying to prompt Kyle into sharing his experiences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

My apologies then, Phil. Asking a few times in a row with no response just came off rude to me, but obviously was not your intention. Probably shouldn't have stuck my nose in.

Even the new thread title goal is hard to achieve.

Golf does not seem to be a game where you can throw yourself 20 hours a day for 6 months, and get really good at it (i.e., mid single digits). It seems to take years of cultivation. Obviously, there are a few exceptions, but I would be surprised if there are that many.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Guys we did not root hard enough.-He shot +3 and has not broken 100 in a tournament yet. Casts doubt on the 87s he shoots in his solo rounds if yer askin me. http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14218/contest/31/profile/khosch2/tresults.htm - @KyleAnthony give us an update?

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/360#post_950099"] And I don't think @Phil McGleno asking him to update the thread is rude. If he keeps asking, like every day, then it will be annoying, no doubt. But what's he done so far? [/quote] I guess I disagree unless I am misreading the comments, but as we know tone does not exist here. I guess the way I read the comments above was sarcasm with the attempt to humiliate someone. If that is not the case, I apologize for bringing it up.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I guess I disagree unless I am misreading the comments, but as we know tone does not exist here. I guess the way I read the comments above was sarcasm with the attempt to humiliate someone. If that is not the case, I apologize for bringing it up.

Given the track record, I think your reading of the comments is right on.

• Administrator
I guess I disagree unless I am misreading the comments, but as we know tone does not exist here. I guess the way I read the comments above was sarcasm with the attempt to humiliate someone. If that is not the case, I apologize for bringing it up.

How's about we give people the benefit of the doubt instead of reading into things? Or ask if you're not sure? :-) Besides… all this meta conversation is kind of… :offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok so I've been pretty busy with the tournament and some Other rounds along with a beach trip with my girlfriend. Shot a 100 at pelican hill in my tournament. Shot an 85 at morongo legends course from the blacks and just shot an 87 at legends golf course today. I registered for an SCGA handicap and now have a GHIN# if you wanna look at all of my rounds. It says my handicap trend is 11.9 so I see progress but as of now it seems as one area gets better others fade. So I'm going to spend more time at the range and less playing rounds.

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

also I'm probably going to update at most 3 times a week. i have no rounds planned until next friday the 21st so might not update for awhile. only update with something I'm really struggling with is my 3 wood. i was hitting it very well until the round before my tournament. can't seem to do anything right with it. oh well i'll be at the range tomorrow

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

also I'm probably going to update at most 3 times a week. i have no rounds planned until next friday the 21st so might not update for awhile. only update with something I'm really struggling with is my 3 wood. i was hitting it very well until the round before my tournament. can't seem to do anything right with it. oh well i'll be at the range tomorrow

Funny you mention your 3 wood. 2 weeks ago I couldn't hit mine to save my soul. Then I started hitting at about 20% to make good contact, to make long story short, I hit about 30 balls, but never swinging more than 60%. Now I can actually hit my 3 wood again, as I also did the same with my driver, and slowing way down until I'm making good contact, I gradually increase the speed every 5 or 6 balls, then step it up about 5 to 10%. So, you might give this a try, who knows, it could actually work.. :-D

Ok so I've been pretty busy with the tournament and some Other rounds along with a beach trip with my girlfriend. Shot a 100 at pelican hill in my tournament. Shot an 85 at morongo legends course from the blacks and just shot an 87 at legends golf course today. I registered for an SCGA handicap and now have a GHIN# if you wanna look at all of my rounds. It says my handicap trend is 11.9 so I see progress but as of now it seems as one area gets better others fade. So I'm going to spend more time at the range and less playing rounds.

[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR] Thanks for the update! Tournament golf is HARD! Trending better is great. Any insight what's causing the gap between your more casual rounds and the tournament rounds? Is it familiarity with the course, nerves, difficulty of the tournament courses, all of the above?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm really struggling with is my 3 wood. i was hitting it very well until the round before my tournament. can't seem to do anything right with it. oh well i'll be at the range tomorrow

Kyle, this is where you miss the point on where your game is and what Mike and Erik have been trying to get through to you about, it's not just a single club issue or swing thought that's keeping you from getting the progress you want, it's your swing period and nothing else that needs work from the ground up. The last video I saw you were coming over the top still and it's not just 1 thing causing it it's a multitude of things that have to be worked on, saying I need to work on this one club will get you no where because your trying to force results with a unreliable swing at this point. Work solely on what Mike gave you for at least the next 2 weeks and then move to the next thing don't worry about scores right now cause it may get worse before it gets better, basically you need to undo a lot of habits and rebuild better ones and this is a process that takes real time. Good Luck.

• Upvote 2

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

It's not that strange, shooting high and shooting low happens to me all the time. One day I look as if I'm a sandbagger at least single digit material, next day I shoot a nice 102. Once I played with a friend on his course for the first time and he invited a + player to play together. I was impressed and made one bogey, rest was worse. I was a 17 HCP at that moment. Couple of weeks later I played the same course matchplay against a 4 HCP. After 10 holes we were all square, didn't miss a fairway. He shouted HCP 17???? my @ss!!!! Keep up the good work Kyle.

I have to agree about the high and low scores. I can score anything from 42 to 48 on 9, and once a 42/57 in one round. Although for me, it's not my woods and hybrids that let me down. It's usually how well I do on my approaches. It boiled down to a swing flaw. On the days I do well, I recently observed that my wrist is flatter. Now, I am working on that issue on the range, and getting used to the timing change led to many toe hits 1/4" to 3/8" off the sweet spot with the occasional 3/4". This feeling is really frustrating and just needs work. Coming over the top can be caused by numerous things, and what I am finding is that you need to work from the body out. That is keys 1 and 2 need to be solid before working on key 3. Until I get solid with these three keys on the course, my scores will continue to fluctuate and not break into the 30s. I know what to fix, but it just takes time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Thanks for the update!

Tournament golf is HARD! Trending better is great. Any insight what's causing the gap between your more casual rounds and the tournament rounds? Is it familiarity with the course, nerves, difficulty of the tournament courses, all of the above?

yes it is. i looked back at my round and i hit every fairway on the back 9 ( i was feeling more comfortable) but i only hit 3 greens all day and had 40 putts. i think the nerves effect my putting most. I'm hoping my next tourney will be better since its off in april. i don't think familiarity is too much of it because i played legends GC in temecula yesterday for the first time and did pretty well with an 87. at pelican hill everyone seemed to do bad with the exception of 3 people. the courses that we play are a little tighter than most and the greens are in a lot better shape too haha

Funny you mention your 3 wood. 2 weeks ago I couldn't hit mine to save my soul. Then I started hitting at about 20% to make good contact, to make long story short, I hit about 30 balls, but never swinging more than 60%. Now I can actually hit my 3 wood again, as I also did the same with my driver, and slowing way down until I'm making good contact, I gradually increase the speed every 5 or 6 balls, then step it up about 5 to 10%. So, you might give this a try, who knows, it could actually work..

the funny thing is is that i would play my fade with my 3 wood, but it started turning into more of a slice so i slowed everything down and thats when i started hitting it great. i think because with my driver and all my irons i took a half step away from the ball to help with my over the top swing it through my 3 wood off. i'll probably hit a whole bucket with just it today

Kyle, this is where you miss the point on where your game is and what Mike and Erik have been trying to get through to you about, it's not just a single club issue or swing thought that's keeping you from getting the progress you want, it's your swing period and nothing else that needs work from the ground up. The last video I saw you were coming over the top still and it's not just 1 thing causing it it's a multitude of things that have to be worked on, saying I need to work on this one club will get you no where because your trying to force results with a unreliable swing at this point. Work solely on what Mike gave you for at least the next 2 weeks and then move to the next thing don't worry about scores right now cause it may get worse before it gets better, basically you need to undo a lot of habits and rebuild better ones and this is a process that takes real time. Good Luck.

oh i know my 3 wood isn't my only problem. i was just mentioning it because that was my go to club off the tee and now i can't even touch it at the course. haha and ya I'm working on a few withs with my irons. one thing i am working on that is helping a lot actually is firing my hips first. in my swing before i was moving hips and shoulders at the same time if not my shoulders first which i think was causing more of an over the top. yesterday i hit 8 greens and was scrambling great so i was happy. i think having the hips leading on my downswing is a step in the right direction.

It's not that strange, shooting high and shooting low happens to me all the time. One day I look as if I'm a sandbagger at least single digit material, next day I shoot a nice 102.

Once I played with a friend on his course for the first time and he invited a + player to play together. I was impressed and made one bogey, rest was worse. I was a 17 HCP at that moment.

Couple of weeks later I played the same course matchplay against a 4 HCP. After 10 holes we were all square, didn't miss a fairway. He shouted HCP 17???? my @ss!!!!

Keep up the good work Kyle.

thank you. ya when i play with better people i tend to do better as well. my normal golf parter is a 7 HCP

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

oh ya. here are my stats for the tournament

53-47 100

6/13 FIR

3/18 GIR

40 Putts

2 pars

8 bogeys

3 doubles

4 triples

1 quad (YIKES!)

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!