IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Well, no need for me to calculate my handicap. I just got a moderated one of 17.3, which is actually pretty close.

Not sure how it got calculated.

What is a moderated hcp?

I signed onto the site and there it was, because I didn't enter it. It's pretty close, though. Whoever put it in was reasonably accurate.

If only I can get my keys working for me on the course. . . :tumble: Sighhhh. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOLOL! Congrats on breaking 12! It's funny how polarizing this thread is. You're a good sport for sticking with it.  Warning: :offtopic:  Hey Kyle, if you have time to answer this, what are your favorite courses to play in Orange County (or surrounding areas)? Seems like you play a lot of nice ones . . . just looking to expand my horizons.

I've not played pelican hill south. Monarch beach and talega. I think talega is bed just because of price and condition. They are all great courses but I wouldn't pay over $80 for a round of golf except in tournaments haha Ok so I played oak valley today and shot a 42-49 91. I hit 8 FIR 3 GIR 32 putts. 2 missed fairways were by less than 6 inches and 3 were OB. I was pulling every approach shot left and that was frustrating. Missed about 5 putts under 5 feet for saving par. Soooo I'll be at the range all day tomorrow. I've started trying to hit draws and my miss is a push so I think I'm either not releasing soon enough or the ball is a bit to far back in my stance. Ill experiment tomorrow. I'm going to try to slow down as well. I just feel like I'm rushing too much so ill post up after the weekend and Tuesday or Friday I'm playing 36 holes at morongo so that'll be fun. Also since I flattened my swing I can hit like half a club to a full club longer on long irons

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

LOLOL! Congrats on breaking 12! It's funny how polarizing this thread is. You're a good sport for sticking with it.

Warning:   Hey Kyle, if you have time to answer this, what are your favorite courses to play in Orange County (or surrounding areas)? Seems like you play a lot of nice ones . . . just looking to expand my horizons.

I've not played pelican hill south. Monarch beach and talega. I think talega is bed just because of price and condition. They are all great courses but I wouldn't pay over $80 for a round of golf except in tournaments haha

Ok so I played oak valley today and shot a 42-49 91. I hit 8 FIR 3 GIR 32 putts. 2 missed fairways were by less than 6 inches and 3 were OB. I was pulling every approach shot left and that was frustrating. Missed about 5 putts under 5 feet for saving par. Soooo I'll be at the range all day tomorrow. I've started trying to hit draws and my miss is a push so I think I'm either not releasing soon enough or the ball is a bit to far back in my stance. Ill experiment tomorrow. I'm going to try to slow down as well. I just feel like I'm rushing too much so ill post up after the weekend and Tuesday or Friday I'm playing 36 holes at morongo so that'll be fun. Also since I flattened my swing I can hit like half a club to a full club longer on long irons

Nice. I've been wanting to try Monarch but can't talk any of my friends into playing there lol. Talega looks cool too. That's for the reply.

I've been working on a more in-to-out path and started pulling a lot more too. Let me know if you find the cure hahaha (that was a everyone, I know there is no magic cure...don't flame me).

Ok so I played oak valley today and shot a 42-49 91. I hit 8 FIR 3 GIR 32 putts. 2 missed fairways were by less than 6 inches and 3 were OB. I was pulling every approach shot left and that was frustrating. Missed about 5 putts under 5 feet for saving par. Soooo I'll be at the range all day tomorrow.

Would recommend not just standing on the range all day making full motion swings.

I've started trying to hit draws and my miss is a push so I think I'm either not releasing soon enough or the ball is a bit to far back in my stance. Ill experiment tomorrow. I'm going to try to slow down as well.

How far right are the balls starting? Remember, ball starts where the face is aimed and curves away from the path. No need to consciously "release" or roll the face to hit a draw. Also if anything, having the ball further back would help the path be more outward (out to the right).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

So I have some information that may be able to help you in your quest to single digits. In a single season I was able to bring my handicap from 22 down to 8. It wasn't easy and required a lot of practice but it's very doable. The first thing you need to realize is how to practice!

Read this

You're going to need video feedback, and you're going to have to know what to look for. I highly recommend you join evolvr or go see an instructor who will prioritize what needs to change in your full swing. You'll need to do lots of drills and lots of slow motion mirror work in order to get new feels. Your swing will have to feel uncomfortable! If it's comfortable you aren't changing anything.

• Upvote 1

I've started trying to hit draws and my miss is a push so I think I'm either not releasing soon enough or the ball is a bit to far back in my stance. Ill experiment tomorrow. I'm going to try to slow down as well.

@freedrop what are you thinking needs to happen here bud?

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(5W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

So I have some information that may be able to help you in your quest to single digits. In a single season I was able to bring my handicap from 22 down to 8. It wasn't easy and required a lot of practice but it's very doable. The first thing you need to realize is how to practice!

Read this

You're going to need video feedback, and you're going to have to know what to look for. I highly recommend you join evolvr or go see an instructor who will prioritize what needs to change in your full swing. You'll need to do lots of drills and lots of slow motion mirror work in order to get new feels. Your swing will have to feel uncomfortable! If it's comfortable you aren't changing anything.

This is the basis of the Dan plan, but with more tempered expectations. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Would recommend not just standing on the range all day making full motion swings. How far right are the balls starting? Remember, ball starts where the face is aimed and curves away from the path. No need to consciously "release" or roll the face to hit a draw. Also if anything, having the ball further back would help the path be more outward (out to the right).

When I am hitting it how I want it starts out maybe 5-10 yards. Nothing crazy. But if I push it it's like 10-15. Most the time I get away with a push but yesterday it was a tight course. And I only play a draw off the tee or if I have a mid to long iron in to a left pin. I was pulling ally short irons like 5 yards left. The pulling my short irons is what I really wanted to work on. I was going to start at the range with 3/4 shots and working on club path. I don't know if yesterday I wasn't transfer in my weight forward so the face would close and I pulled it or what. So that's what I'm hoping to figure out and correct today

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I think I'm either not releasing soon enough ...

...the ball is a bit to far back in my stance.

...I just feel like I'm rushing too much

...since I flattened my swing I can hit like half a club to a full club longer on long irons

... I don't know if yesterday I wasn't transfer in my weight forward so the face would close and I pulled it or what.

That's a lot of stuff to think about.

Ya :/

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

The brain is vastly overrated in terms of the actual benefit it provides to the golf swing! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The brain is vastly overrated in terms of the actual benefit it provides to the golf swing!

The intellectual analytical part yeah. The intuitive athletic coordination instinctual part, imho, not. Too bad I don't have much of the latter, I'd exchange some of the former for the latter easily.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This is the basis of the Dan plan, but with more tempered expectations.

He's definitely on the right track with how to practice... This is a very useful book written by Daniel Coyle that cuts right to the chase on making practice more productive ( Link )

When I am hitting it how I want it starts out maybe 5-10 yards. Nothing crazy. But if I push it it's like 10-15. Most the time I get away with a push but yesterday it was a tight course. And I only play a draw off the tee or if I have a mid to long iron in to a left pin. I was pulling ally short irons like 5 yards left. The pulling my short irons is what I really wanted to work on. I was going to start at the range with 3/4 shots and working on club path. I don't know if yesterday I wasn't transfer in my weight forward so the face would close and I pulled it or what. So that's what I'm hoping to figure out and correct today

Can you explain how you will go about "figuring it out and correcting it?"

He's definitely on the right track with how to practice... This is a very useful book written by Daniel Coyle that cuts right to the chase on making practice more productive ([URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode;=ur2&camp;=1789&creative;=9325&tag;=thesandtrap-20&location;=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FLittle-Book-Talent-Daniel-Coyle-ebook%2Fdp%2FB007JC1RM2%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1393090495%26sr%3D8-1%26keywords%3Ddaniel%2Bcoyle]Link[/URL]) Can you explain how you will go about "figuring it out and correcting it?"

I'm going to take a few swings and think about what I just did as opposed to swinging and correcting randomly lol. Do I can be sure to transfer weight forward. If I'm doing that and not laying back then I can assume my club path is out to in and work on club path

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

I'm going to take a few swings and think about what I just did as opposed to swinging and correcting randomly lol. Do I can be sure to transfer weight forward. If I'm doing that and not laying back then I can assume my club path is out to in and work on club path

Make sure to use a camera! I cant stress this enough. Feels are not real in golf!

Great seeing you on the site @cedrictheo , thanks for your input so far. @KyleAnthony , try to learn as much as you can from him, he knows what he's talking about, dude is legit when he says he went from a 22 to an 8 in one year.

Make sure to use a camera! I cant stress this enough. Feels are not real in golf!

Yep camera allows you to "measure" the feels and keep track of the changes. "Ok I felt the weight was forward, let me check. Nope, gotta do it more".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ya I use a camera from time to time and recently started using mirrors and that actually opened my eyes to my right elbow and club position at the top [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/71817/operation-single-digits-2014/510#post_953773"]Great seeing you on the site @cedrictheo , thanks for your input so far. @KyleAnthony , try to learn as much as you can from him, he knows what he's talking about, dude is legit when he says he went from a 22 to an 8 in one year. Yep camera allows you to "measure" the feels and keep track of the changes. "Ok I felt the weight was forward, let me check. Nope, gotta do it more".  [/quote]ya and I hope you guys can let me know if I'm headed in the right direction

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!