IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I also have an old 7 iron in my living room, and a window that works decently as a mirror at night, so when the kids are upstairs in bed I'll do slow motion swings, or poses, right there in the living room.  One of my drills involves half swings, so I can actually do that one in the living room too - obviously without balls though.  I do that for short little spurts.  Maybe 5 or 10 minutes at a time, sometimes a few times a night, sometimes not for a few nights.

Does your wife shake her head and call you a dork when she walks by? Mine does all the time. :-(

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And I (who notoriously never changes anything) set about to change the shaft position at P5, to look more like the rest of the golfing world, at the 1st of November. 1,000s and 1,000s of slow motion swings and drills trying to make that plane feel and become the new "natural". Day after day and night after night.

Have to say that part worked. Then when the weather got better and I started playing I had to start fighting through growing pains that were fairly inevitable with such a difference.

Admittedly there have been times that the growing pains made me mad enough that if "going back" to my old way was a viable option I would have done it. Problem was that the new normal also made that hard to do, so the best choice was to continue forward.

How well I'll play with the new diagonal swing path: Too early to say.

So far: I hit short irons better than I ever have. Hit driver about the same. Fairway woods quite a bit worse worse (surprisingly). And long irons slightly worse.

Scores: Slightly higher but mostly because of course and weather conditions.

Future: I think I can play decently while I work through these kinks and setbacks (like "feeling" like the clubface is travelling out to in when in fact it is even more in to out than it used to be) as long as I continue to hit fairways with my driver and hit short irons well.

Funny, this is my "secondary" priority piece.  At A4.1 my swing steepens when it needs to shallow.  I get the club pointing well inside the ball at A5 when it should be pointing at or even slightly outside the ball.  This has been even more frustrating because it's super easy to do in poses and slow motion swings, but as soon as a ball is there I revert.

Does your wife shake her head and call you a dork when she walks by? Mine does all the time.

No doubt.  She also adds in the eye roll when she sees that I have some random European Tour event on in the background, sees Rory or Ian Poulter or somebody else she recognizes and asks who's winning, and then I tell her it's last years event. O:)

Does your wife shake her head and call you a dork when she walks by? Mine does all the time.

Nah, my daughter does that to me.

When I was into skiing, I practiced with my skis, boots and shorts. I suspended myself between saw horses and jumped back and forth between them to build up my hopping skills for moguls. Now that was dorky. :-X

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Funny, this is my "secondary" priority piece.  At A4.1 my swing steepens when it needs to shallow.  I get the club pointing well inside the ball at A5 when it should be pointing at or even slightly outside the ball.  This has been even more frustrating because it's super easy to do in poses and slow motion swings, but as soon as a ball is there I revert. No doubt.  She also adds in the eye roll when she sees that I have some random European Tour event on in the background, sees Rory or Ian Poulter or somebody else she recognizes and asks who's winning, and then I tell her it's last years event.O:)

Lol. I watched the final round of the Masters twice. Two days in a row, back to back. She couldn't believe it. :tumble:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Agreed.

The Bermuda shorts and ski gear together just added that extra touch of Dorkiness.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Lol. I watched the final round of the Masters twice. Two days in a row, back to back. She couldn't believe it.

Did this prolonged exposure to the Masters make you now a Bubba fan? :-$

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The Bermuda shorts and ski gear together just added that extra touch of Dorkiness.

Nah ... I'm pretty sure that if you put on your entire ski outfit with pants and jacket in the living room of a house in Pasadena in summer, that would qualify as a lot more dorky than bermuda shorts. :beer:

Nah ... I'm pretty sure that if you put on your entire ski outfit with pants and jacket in the living room of a house in Pasadena in summer, that would qualify as a lot more dorky than bermuda shorts.

My wife doesn't think I'm "dorky" for practicing in the living room 8 to 10 hours a day but she does think I'm a moron for constantly (accidently) hitting the ceiling with my follow through.

Of course I do agree with her because I am going to have to fix the ceiling at some point...but right now my golf swing is much more important than my ceiling.

(Plus she vacuums up the paint chips on the floor everyday so no problem). :-D

Did this prolonged exposure to the Masters make you now a Bubba fan? :-$

No. I was hoping Spieth would do better the second time around.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I suspended myself between saw horses to build up my hopping skills for moguls. Now that was dorky.

Agreed.

I agree as well....

Although, when I was into a game we called "ragball" (baseball played with a softer ball), I built a "mound" and threw against the wall in my basement one winter.  That is pretty dorky as well.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Nah ... I'm pretty sure that if you put on your entire ski outfit with pants and jacket in the living room of a house in Pasadena in summer, that would qualify as a lot more dorky than bermuda shorts.

My wife doesn't think I'm "dorky" for practicing in the living room 8 to 10 hours a day but she does think I'm a moron for constantly (accidently) hitting the ceiling with my follow through.

Of course I do agree with her because I am going to have to fix the ceiling at some point...but right now my golf swing is much more important than my ceiling.

(Plus she vacuums up the paint chips on the floor everyday so no problem).

I hit our ceiling fan in my living room when my wife was on vacation.  I broke one of the glass pieces that surrounds a bulb.  I picked one up from the local electrical store.  It did not match exactly, but it has been close to 5 years, and she has not noticed yet. :whistle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Did this prolonged exposure to the Masters make you now a Bubba fan?

No.

I was hoping Spieth would do better the second time around.

So did he?  Spieth that is.  I did not see it the second time.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

(Plus she vacuums up the paint chips on the floor everyday so no problem).

You must have a heck of an understanding wife. Wow, nice.

I was forced out of the house after my "incident", and built up a 10'x10'x10' shaded structure outside to practice. Much cheaper than repairing the ceiling multiple times. :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

No.

I was hoping Spieth would do better the second time around.

You might be able to do a frame-by-frame photoshop Spieth's head onto Bubba's body? :-$

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

You must have a heck of an understanding wife. Wow, nice.

I was forced out of the house after my "incident", and built up a 10'x10'x10' shaded structure outside to practice. Much cheaper than repairing the ceiling multiple times.

I have a barn I can practice in, and I do. I also have an outside net to hit into, which I do. Neither let me practice the entire time I am watching TV like the living room allows. ;-)

I hit our ceiling fan in my living room when my wife was on vacation.  I broke one of the glass pieces that surrounds a bulb.  I picked one up from the local electrical store.  It did not match exactly, but it has been close to 5 years, and she has not noticed yet.

Wiped mine out too. I suppose I'll fix it at the same time I fix the ceiling close to it. ;-)

Who would have thought that slow motion swings could do so much damage?

I do practice and I'm not saying I expect to get better over night. Nobody on here can say they don't get frustrated at a bad round. I had a bad round. I got frustrated. That's it. Anywho. I'll be at the Norman course for a round tomorrow and hitting the range before. I just hope to best my last score there which was a 92.

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

• Administrator
I do practice and I'm not saying I expect to get better over night. Nobody on here can say they don't get frustrated at a bad round. I had a bad round. I got frustrated. That's it. Anywho. I'll be at the Norman course for a round tomorrow and hitting the range before. I just hope to best my last score there which was a 92.

You get frustrated easily. Mostly because you see yourself as a better golfer than you are.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You get frustrated easily. Mostly because you see yourself as a better golfer than you are.

QFT.

This statement should be preserved, maybe as a bumper sticker.   Right along with "You're not good enough to get that angry at a bad shot."

NOT just for Kyle, but for a LOT of us......

• Upvote 3

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!