IGNORED

2014 Farmers Insurance Open thread

3putter
Note: This thread is 3741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

can anyone guess which excuses Tiger will use in post 3rd round interview?

It can't be "I wasn't prepared." this is a very familiar course for him

OR I am still figuring out the new driver, Putter, irons etc....what have you been doing all winter?

His new Foley swing "process" is almost 4 year old now........

2 doubles and 4 bogies in a row,,,, hmm he should be reaching for his back and limping soon.

I can't guess which excuse he'll use, but I can guess how many fvcks he gives about your opinion...zero B-)

• Upvote 2

Spieth shot a 3 over 75 today. Woodland shot a -2 70 today. Unless Jordan can up his game tomorrow, he's in for a long day. Another golfer with an outside chance imho is Ishikawa, he shot a -3 today, and could be someone to watch, although Gary seems to be very focused.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gary has the Furyk tendencies with shitting it away on Sundays. Gimme Spieth for the W.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Oh Christ, not another season of petty Tiger bashing, is that really where we're going again? Where's Rick Martin, he usually likes to beat that drum too. What's with you guys and the unrelenting Tiger-hate? Does your wife work at Perkin's?

Lol! They usually can't help themselves. I don't know how it is on this board, but the ones I see in real life are typically of the demographic, especially age-wise.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I found it interesting when Peter Kostis would ask the players after the round if they would change their strategy due to the course conditions. The ones I heard said basically "no" (Cink and Woodland come to mind).  I find this odd because most were not able to get the ball to stay on the green due to the firmness.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I like Woodland, he's an athlete and I like golfers who hold themselves as athletes. However, I wonder about him like I do with Dustin Johnson, whether or not there's anything behind his eyeballs when you look at him...

Colin P.

I noticed Number 1 Tiger hater Brandel Chamblee presented his lasted diatribe of how Tiger is slowly losing his game. Suggesting among other things that like himself Tiger is feeling the effects of being a single parent. I hardly think that Tiger feels the same pressure of raising kids as a single parent as Chamblee does.

If you looked closely you could see the foam appear at the corner of Chamblee's mouth as he waved off Notah Begay when he reminded Chamblee that Tiger just came off a season with five PGA wins and player of the year award.

I like Woodland, he's an athlete and I like golfers who hold themselves as athletes. However, I wonder about him like I do with Dustin Johnson, whether or not there's anything behind his eyeballs when you look at him...

What are you saying? You wonder if they're dumb? :bugout: Well, they must have something going for them!

My blood pressure went up about 20 ticks reading this until I scrolled down...I was ready to fight you for Tiger's honor...

Where is the rep point for me? lol.

Did it just for you...

@colin007

I only bash Tiger for not making the cut decision on Foley. I thought the end of 2012 would show us whether Foley was working ... ok, another year.

Not working.

Is he looking like Hunter? (Foley telling him that he needs to look more like Hunter)

It's not about Foley ... it's about whether that instructor works for Tiger ...

And it's not working.

Look at Grant Waite's swing, which Tiger admired. Look at Tiger's swing...

ouch.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

What are you saying? You wonder if they're dumb?  Well, they must have something going for them!

Sometimes it's best to have a ... simple mind.

To me, Woodland looks a bit mechanical ... will that short game hold up?

Odds are ... no. But one can say that about almost any player, even Tiger now.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Batter up!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

That's quite the traffic jam at the top of the leaderboard today. I don't recognize Charley Hoffman with short hair.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!