IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally watched the first two episodes last night on my dvr, so I can now participate in this thread.

With that, I'm wondering if we're watching the same show cause there ain't a looker in this bunch!

I don't know. Lauren is pretty hot.  Spectacular body.  The new co-host is very pretty too.  And we at least know she'll be there till the end. Golfing wise, I think Sedena wins.

Except for the breaking glass, Sedena has pwned since this competition has begun.  She overcame Jackie's hole out in the second part of the competition on Episode One.  She's been the nuts.  Those girls will eventually be gunning for her if she keeps winning so, hey, take the benji's.

I like Sadena too, but lets not get too excited though.  Remember, all she has done to this point is hit 3 pretty good 95 yard wedge shots in two days.  That's it.  I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say anything definitively about any of the contestants to this point.

Remember last season (NFL team competition) how clutch Zakiya was for the first several days?  And then how she was a liability to her team for the last few days?

Yeah, so far Sadena has won both Immunity challenges, but we haven't seen her do anything at all except hit a wedge.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know. Lauren is pretty hot.  Spectacular body.  The new co-host is very pretty too.  And we at least know she'll be there till the end. Golfing wise, I think Sedena wins.

Good points, but I'm not convinced.  I appreciate the fact though that the girls are better players than in previous seasons where the girls were better looking, but played horribly.   And at heart, I'm a golf fan, so I'd rather see the better players.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Except for the breaking glass, Sedena has pwned since this competition has begun.  She overcame Jackie's hole out in the second part of the competition on Episode One.  She's been the nuts.  Those girls will eventually be gunning for her if she keeps winning so, hey, take the benji's.

I like Sadena too, but lets not get too excited though.  Remember, all she has done to this point is hit 3 pretty good 95 yard wedge shots in two days.  That's it.  I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say anything definitively about any of the contestants to this point.

Remember last season (NFL team competition) how clutch Zakiya was for the first several days?  And then how she was a liability to her team for the last few days?

Yeah, so far Sadena has won both Immunity challenges, but we haven't seen her do anything at all except hit a wedge.

I agree it's just the beginning but she's showing so far in the few challenges she's been a part of that she gets the job done and I think psychologically, that means the other contestants would likely choose someone else to go against.

If she was able to use the immunity whenever she wanted, then I could see giving back the money, but only for that episode, when there are so many players that haven't performed very well, I think you take the cash.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Yea I kinda feel the same.  I think Sadena may have the best wedge game but who knows how accurate she is with Driver or Irons.  This competition like the others will come down to who can put the best game on the course when they start actually playing tee to green.  Remember last year there were some people who did great with shot challenges but were horrible as far as course management and keeping the ball in play standing in a real fairway.

If Sadena can control that driver and has good distance control with her irons she may still be in it towards the end. We will see.  Plus I think that hot mom out there might be better than we think.

Tough to say at this point. Unless I am mistaken they shoot the episodes one day after another until it concludes. Someone else is bound to settle in soon. Though you can see from the early personality showings who is toast. I thought Mary was a player but her tough act appears to be a crutch for insecurity. My underdog pick is Renee, seems like she could rally if she gets out of whatever funk she is in.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Co-host FTW!!!

I agree.  Tom Abbott is a handsome man!

I said "CO-HOST" not host....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

What about the dude from Las Vegas?

Lmao.. What a face... That's mean. But funny as hell.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

My underdog pick is Renee, seems like she could rally if she gets out of whatever funk she is in.

Now, you're not just saying that because she's one of the few attractive girls this season, right? ;)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Watched the player intro show.  The swing of Dallas is ... different.

She says people say her swing looks like Jim Furyk's, but I'm not so sure about that. Hard to tell from the angles they showed (no good DTL views), but it looks like she brings the club up very steeply and then moves it toward her head (over her head?) from a4 to a5.

The funky thing with her swing is her strong grip. This video here goes into depth on how she holds the club- apparently it is the strongest grip that the "Challenge Producer" has ever seen. She can see every one of her left hand knuckles at her address position--> http://www.golfchannel.com/media/big-break-florida-episode-3-turning-point/ CAUTION : Spoiler alert in the video from Episode 3.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

Watching now on the DVR.

Sub-235-yard drives? At least Sadena busted out a 276-er.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watching now on the DVR.

Sub-235-yard drives? At least Sadena busted out a 276-er.

Only one was sub-235.  The others were 238 and 241. :-P

By the way, I think that the girl who won the greenside bunker immunity challenge (Renee??) has Edel wedges. :-P

SPOILER ALERT: Glad to see Dallas go.. That swing is horrendous! Lauren is now the hottest IMO.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!