IGNORED

TST New England Spring/Summer 2014, errrr, 2015 Outing

jamo
Note: This thread is 2729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, courses that have been mentioned so far: Cyprian Keyes - Slightly farther north, a bit tougher if you've never played there before. Highfields - Can't think of many downsides. Close to a Mass Pike exit, has a solid driving range. Gets a bit windy is a downside I guess? Shining Rock - No driving range. Blackstone National - A bit tougher to get to. (I've never played there. ;-)) New England CC - Also tougher to set to. Also never played there. Pricy on weekends. Crumpin Fox - Very expensive, way out of the way. Any other options?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up in CT now for the foreseeable future, I'll be interested in playing for sure.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Is Springfield considered central Massachusetts?

Not really, though if that works for more people I suppose we could play somewhere out there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Not really, though if that works for more people I suppose we could play somewhere out there.

You're right, it looks like central Mass would be between Springfield and Worcester.

Colin P.

So, courses that have been mentioned so far: Cyprian Keyes - Slightly farther north, a bit tougher if you've never played there before. Highfields - Can't think of many downsides. Close to a Mass Pike exit, has a solid driving range. Gets a bit windy is a downside I guess? Shining Rock - No driving range. Blackstone National - A bit tougher to get to. (I've never played there. ;-)) New England CC - Also tougher to set to. Also never played there. Pricy on weekends. Crumpin Fox - Very expensive, way out of the way. Any other options?

My vote is for somewhere that isn't pricey. :) Of more immediate importance to me, do we have an idea of a date yet?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

So, courses that have been mentioned so far:

Cyprian Keyes - Slightly farther north, a bit tougher if you've never played there before.

Highfields - Can't think of many downsides. Close to a Mass Pike exit, has a solid driving range. Gets a bit windy is a downside I guess?

Shining Rock - No driving range.

Blackstone National - A bit tougher to get to. (I've never played there. )

New England CC - Also tougher to set to. Also never played there. Pricy on weekends.

Crumpin Fox - Very expensive, way out of the way.

Any other options?

My vote is for somewhere that isn't pricey. :)

Of more immediate importance to me, do we have an idea of a date yet?

Hmmm... showing your colors early RFK... May have a little early smack talk... :-P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

[QUOTE name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/72404/tst-new-england-spring-summer-2014-outing/54#post_963418"]   [QUOTE name="jamo" url="/t/72404/tst-new-england-spring-summer-2014-outing/30#post_962497"] So, courses that have been mentioned so far: Cyprian Keyes - Slightly farther north, a bit tougher if you've never played there before. Highfields - Can't think of many downsides. Close to a Mass Pike exit, has a solid driving range. Gets a bit windy is a downside I guess? Shining Rock - No driving range. Blackstone National - A bit tougher to get to. (I've never played there. ;-) ) New England CC - Also tougher to set to. Also never played there. Pricy on weekends. Crumpin Fox - Very expensive, way out of the way. Any other options?[/QUOTE] My vote is for somewhere that isn't pricey. :) Of more immediate importance to me, do we have an idea of a date yet?[/QUOTE] Hmmm... showing your colors early RFK... May have a little early smack talk...:-P

Haha, I love talking smack, just wish I had the game to back it up! Although it's not surprising that I'm somewhat in a budget and don't want to pay $70 or $100 for a round.

Christian

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Haha, I love talking smack...

he does....first time i met him he started talking smack about my wife....

To be fair, I first started talking smack about your wife before I met you...via text. :dance:

Christian

I really liked Blackstone when I played there a few years ago.  Costs $75 for prime time.   I also played Highfields and agree that its a great value.

I'm not sure if I could make it, just offering what I know about the courses.  .

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

To be fair, I first started talking smack about your wife before I met you...via text.

this is true.... LOL!!

Colin P.

[QUOTE name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/72404/tst-new-england-spring-summer-2014-outing/54#post_964115"]   To be fair, I first started talking smack about your wife before I met you...via text. :dance:   [/QUOTE] this is true.... LOL!!

Good thing for me you have a good sense of humor, haha.

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.... an hour and a half to Springfield.. two hours to Worcester. That sounds like a possibility for me depending on the date.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

We should probably start discussing dates. Most of the SoCal events have been on Saturday, so that's probably our best option as well. Would May work? That would be late enough that weather and course condition shouldn't be an issue, and early enough that we could fit in another outing later in the summer without them being too bunched. Courses too. Would Highfields be our best option? It's got a driving range and a spacious putting green, prices are solid, plus it's decently accessible from two different Mass Pike exits. [quote name="CT207" url="/t/72404/tst-new-england-spring-summer-2014-outing/60_30#post_968925"]Interesting.... an hour and a half to Springfield.. two hours to Worcester. That sounds like a possibility for me depending on the date. [/quote] You're definitely welcome to come.

In my bag:

We should probably start discussing dates. Most of the SoCal events have been on Saturday, so that's probably our best option as well. Would May work? That would be late enough that weather and course condition shouldn't be an issue, and early enough that we could fit in another outing later in the summer without them being too bunched. Courses too. Would Highfields be our best option? It's got a driving range and a spacious putting green, prices are solid, plus it's decently accessible from two different Mass Pike exits. [quote name="CT207" url="/t/72404/tst-new-england-spring-summer-2014-outing/60_30#post_968925"]Interesting.... an hour and a half to Springfield.. two hours to Worcester. That sounds like a possibility for me depending on the date.

You're definitely welcome to come.[/quote] Work gets hectic again in June and July for me so, selfishly, I vote for May, haha.

Christian

May would be tough for me, I have two other golf outings going on that month, but please don't let that affect your consensus decision.

Colin P.

May would be tough for me, I have two other golf outings going on that month, but please don't let that affect your consensus decision.

Does that mean that @RFKFREAK will need another boat to barnacle himself to? :-P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!