IGNORED

My Swing (Valleygolfer)

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

New swing video, definitely not bragging here... Plenty wrong with this swing...Guess what the ball flight was, hint it was the same on both swings... Feel free to post my flaws.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I started out with fairly poor iron striking resulting in a high score for the first nine. All year I have been struggling to make distance on the irons. Then on 11, after pushing a 9 iron ob, I knocked a LW stiff and went on to perform a iron clinic of majestic shots. Leaving almost all within 10-12 feet. Man if I could only make some putts...

• Administrator
On 9/10/2016 at 11:48 AM, Valleygolfer said:

New swing video, definitely not bragging here... Plenty wrong with this swing...Guess what the ball flight was, hint it was the same on both swings... Feel free to post my flaws.

Looks like you heeled them both.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Looks like you heeled them both.

Good call. Serious shanky hosel shots. I think I had developed weird left shoulder pull, posterior and upward that causes me to come outside ball. I'm not sure that I was doing that here. I know I was trying to keep my right elbow close to my body.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided this was probably the best place for my 5000th post... After a year(s) of work on my swing it all has come down to putting now for the final improvements. It has been said that anyone can be a good or great putter but as much as I need to putt well, I find putting extremely boring. I honestly could pass on this aspect of the game and it is very difficult for me to practice. It is the worst of my game and keeps from shooting really low. I'm hoping to figure out a way to practice religiously throughout the winter.

Cheers to another 5000 posts...

• 3 months later...

Played video golf this weekend and worked on swing speed a bit. I had a lot of good drives according to the simulator. Stated I was averaging around 166 mph ball speed. I don't know how accurate these relic simulators are. I guess I am asking for a lot to increase my speed at this age but it doesn't seem like it is out of the question. I will see if I can put together a video of my swing but there really isn't any room in the simulator.

• 3 months later...

I have no affiliation with blast golf. It's just ez to use for videos. More to come.

Hit a bucket of balls today...started out with my 54 degree wedge and it was going well until all of a sudden I started shanking balls one after another. I think I hit about 6 in a row and 12 or 15 total. Managed to get the bleeding to stop but was seriously frustrated. This is not the first time this happened. I wonder if this happens to anyone else...

Came off my best ball striking round, ever.  I came across a revelation in my swing that seems to produce considerable consistency for me. By saying this, I am prepared to have the worse round ever tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Came off my best ball striking round, ever.  I came across a revelation in my swing that seems to produce considerable consistency for me. By saying this, I am prepared to have the worse round ever tomorrow.

You have spoken of that of which you should not speak. Just as we do not name He who shall not be named, we do not speak of epiphanies in golf.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, boogielicious said:

You have spoken of that of which you should not speak. Just as we do not name He who shall not be named, we do not speak of epiphanies in golf.

As you have spoken, I reaped what sowed. I was met with a very unfair adversary and the golf gods took upon me with great vengeance. I was beaten and humbled. I should've stayed home...but I am glad it's out of the way.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's that time of the year where my driver is suffering. Down about 30 yards. Mechanics breaking down and body is unaware it is happening. Also hitting drives where I almost miss the ball and only go about 90 yards. These are super frustrating

Have had a consistency issues with the irons. I started out my last round hitting them like darts. Then I had a few missed and shanks....ugh.

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

It's that time of the year where my driver is suffering. Down about 30 yards. Mechanics breaking down and body is unaware it is happening. Also hitting drives where I almost miss the ball and only go about 90 yards. These are super frustrating

Have had a consistency issues with the irons. I started out my last round hitting them like darts. Then I had a few missed and shanks....ugh.

This occurs regularly every season? Fatigue? Are you making swing changes? 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

This occurs regularly every season? Fatigue? Are you making swing changes? 

Yes it seems to and not on purpose haha. I played better today but my drives were still iffy. Hit a couple okay ones and few more that were not so great. They were mostly in the fairway but not long. I didn't have any 90 yarders fortunately. I tried freeing my swing up and get back to early season form which helped some but still not great outcomes. I am going to try to use my blast golf to try to pick up speed.

• 1 month later...

I managed to achieve the previously thought unachievable....I had the shanks with my driver and fairway woods. My worse round of the year. Possibly due to the let down of not being able to play in the club championship. Maybe a test of my mental game which I have been working on which is to trust my swing and think less. I believe I need to find some sort of happy medium here.... A little concerned about the Sable Oaks trip this Tuesday now.

• 2 weeks later...

After a month of bad drives I finally sorted it out, which was something that I frequently do so this is a "note to self."

Next time your drives are topping or you are "moving off the ball," realize that you are trying to hit the ball without a good shoulder turn. You must rotate your torso to be able to keep your head still. Stop "casting" backwards. Picture yourself rotating around the access. Set up with proper posture and positioning. Maintain a slow tempo back swing, waiting for it to complete before transition to the forward swing. Do this for all your clubs.

• 8 months later...

Thanks me...  So far this season the driving is decent and irons are on and off. Chipping is awesome with bouts of crappy. Putting is crappy with bout of awesome...  I'll try to get a video up soon. 

Note: This thread is 2033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!