IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When did we become so dependent on cell phones and texting anyways?  I think it's on the same level as any other addition in some ways. to say you need it is just not true .  I think the Phone Companies are really pulling the wool over your eyes with the deals and the extra lines and the Family plan.   Compare to other options out there like SKYPE ( free ) and other land line options.  Yes - you don't have the mobility , but really ... isn't it nice to be focused on what you are doing instead of connected to your family all the time with your BEEPER ?

Fine. I want it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The middle of August is a dark, depressing time. :cry:

Lol, funny. The radio station I listen claimed the 2nd Tuesday in Aug, at 2p is the absolute worst moment of the year. Aug cuz worst month, hot, not much sports activity. 2nd Tues cuz a lot of Aug left, and Tuesdays are the worst day of week. And 2p cuz that's the worst time of day, lunch over, sleepy, and still 3 more hours of work.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Just noticed a new member with the screen name @Elemeno P ame. Wish I had thought of that! Welcome @Elemeno P !!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just noticed a new member with the screen name @Elemeno P, what a GREAT name. Wish I had thought of that! Welcome @Elemeno P !!

Thanks EJ!

Been OCD'n my golf swing lately and I found you guys.

Love the site!  Need to post a swing up soon.

Home inspection today on the house I have under contract. Didn't go well, previous water damage and current leaking mechanicals is enough for me to walk. Bummer thought I had a golf course view for a week or so. Still marketing my house but I have a replacement property contingency. Any incoming contracts allow me time to find replacement within 20 days. It's the new thing here. Market so hot sellers don't want to be caught without a place to go.

Dave :-)

Was at the course yesterday and when I came back to my car an hour later the car wouldn't start! Only 1 y 4 m old with 14k kilos on it.. Took it in and te dealer had its electricity cut, and they told me they don't give loaners until after 73 hours of them not fixing problem. Only thing going for me is that I'll only have to cover half the cost of a new battary install and I live in the city where not having a car for a few days is not a big deal! Just hate not having my Chevy!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Was at the course yesterday and when I came back to my car an hour later the car wouldn't start!

Only 1 y 4 m old with 14k kilos on it.. Took it in and te dealer had its electricity cut, and they told me they don't give loaners until after 73 hours of them not fixing problem.

Only thing going for me is that I'll only have to cover half the cost of a new battary install and I live in the city where not having a car for a few days is not a big deal!

Just hate not having my Chevy!

Just curious. What does that mean?

I just bought a new boat.  Didn't really have the money for it right now, but the price was to good to pass up.  And it is more along the lines of what I would like. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104454/] [/URL]

Every time I see an Evinrude boat motor I think of the book In the Lake of the Woods by Tim O'Brien. He's mostly known for The Things They Carried , but we read ITLOTW in high school one year and I liked it so much I've re-read it a few times. Very weird book, but oddly interesting, and a pretty quick read. There's a boat in the book with an Evinrude motor, and the narrator always refers to it as "the Evinrude," and I remember having to look that up the first time I read it. Anyway...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just curious. What does that mean?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. They didn't have any electricity in the whole building, and what I heard while I was there was that the main electric line cable was cut.. I'm not sure if it was from construction orbit was an act of revenge! I was lucky that I convinced them to take my car in manually as they tried to convince me for almost 45 minutes that because the systems are down they can't receive any cars!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Sorry, I should have been more specific. They didn't have any electricity in the whole building, and what I heard while I was there was that the main electric line cable was cut.. I'm not sure if it was from construction orbit was an act of revenge!

I was lucky that I convinced them to take my car in manually as they tried to convince me for almost 45 minutes that because the systems are down they can't receive any cars!

Ah, I got it now. :-D

Needing a battery and the "electricity cut" thing threw me.

I've been working on my old tractor (that I haven't cranked in 4 years) for 3 days and finally got it going today. Had to replace the battery, change the points, plugs, and wires. Still wouldn't run. Then I completely cleaned out the gas tank which was full of rust and gummed up tar (major pain in the @ss). Went to crank it and noticed that gas was pouring out of the carburetor. Had to take it off, take it apart, and clean all of the parts and make new gaskets.

That did the trick and it ran like a charm but I'm hoping that's the end of the mechanic work for a while.

Switched over to Bell's new Fibe finer optic network for cable, internet and phone. Price was right and I get about 3 times the channels I had with my old provider. I hate Bell with a passion and was pretty reluctant to make the change but the wife kept cajoling.

I wonder how long it'll be before I want to punch one of their customer service reps in the face.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Switched over to Bell's new Fibe finer optic network for cable, internet and phone. Price was right and I get about 3 times the channels I had with my old provider. I hate Bell with a passion and was pretty reluctant to make the change but the wife kept cajoling.  I wonder how long it'll be before I want to punch one of their customer service reps in the face.

How's the picture quality? U guys have HD in Canada?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

How's the picture quality? U guys have HD in Canada?

Snowy. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Is there a correct answer here?!

Thats a good one.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!