IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah Elvis was great at everything but it was the Gospel where he really shined.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks, and I'm sure you're right. I remember how happy I always as for school to start so two a days would be over, and how I was even more happy in college for three a days to be over! This time of year is always a little bittersweet because as excited as I get that it's football season, it means I'm all but done golfing for the year.

Game day!!! Playing in a skins game this morning too. Life is good!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Long trip 6 hrs Riyadh to France 4.5 hours lay over 8 hrs France to Boston Wasn't profiled for the first time in 3 years! (Might have to do with me getting what they call a redress number which is basically you complaining for being signaled out for no reason) It is 3:30 am but I am wide awake.. Body probably feels like it is 10:30 am! Happy to be back! Can't wait to pitch the ball around the yard in the am ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Long trip 6 hrs Riyadh to France 4.5 hours lay over 8 hrs France to Boston Wasn't profiled for the first time in 3 years! (Might have to do with me getting what they call a redress number which is basically you complaining for being signaled out for no reason) It is 3:30 am but I am wide awake.. Body probably feels like it is 10:30 am! Happy to be back! Can't wait to pitch the ball around the yard in the am ;)

Welcome back stateside, Eyad!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Welcome back stateside, Eyad!

Thanks Bill! It is good to be back, to watch the kids yesterday playing in the big yard, and picking cherry tomatoes and eating them fresh was really something! On the bad news side, the guy that was going to do my edel putter and wedge fitting is no longer with edel.. I think now the closest edel putter fitting for me is the regional office in NY.. Really throws a tench in my plans, unless I can convince the family to take a road trip to Erie of course! ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Game day!!! Playing in a skins game this morning too. Life is good!

We won 75-0... We honestly were trying not to run up the score, but kept scoring on defense, and they couldn't stop our 3rd string from running power down their throat.

~Justin

We won 75-0... We honestly were trying not to run up the score, but kept scoring on defense, and they couldn't stop our 3rd string from running power down their throat.

LOL. Did you play Montana School For The Blind?! Haha, just playin. :dance:

Riley

LOL. Did you play Montana School For The Blind?! Haha, just playin.

They would have probably been better...

~Justin

The new firepit that I built.

Nice! What's the liner? Something purpose built or a McGyver job?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We honestly were trying not to run up the score, but kept scoring on defense, and they couldn't stop our 3rd string from running power down their throat.

Ha ha! The little school I played for only had 15 players but we had a good team. Since there weren't really any subs the coach just told us to run out of bounds if it looked like we were going to score. Nothing was harder than running out of bounds with a wide open field in front of me. LOL Since this is the social thread a funny story: I was living in Macon Mo. and they had a pretty good team with a REALLY good running back. I worked the chains on the sidelines for the games. At the end of the last home game Macon had a pretty big lead and the subs had been in for quite a while. With only about a minute left Macon took over on downs on their own 5 yard line. The coach decided it would be a nice thing to do for the seniors if he put them all in the game for one play and let them all come off of the field together. He put them in and called a simple dive play up the middle. Problem was that the running back went 95 yards for a touchdown and the opposing coach went absolutely ape $h!! and went running across the field yelling at Macon's coach and accusing him of running the score up while Macon's coach is trying to explain to him that he had no intention of scoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smellysell

We won 75-0...

We honestly were trying not to run up the score, but kept scoring on defense, and they couldn't stop our 3rd string from running power down their throat.

Ha ha! The little school I played for only had 15 players but we had a good team.

Since there weren't really any subs the coach just told us to run out of bounds if it looked like we were going to score.

Nothing was harder than running out of bounds with a wide open field in front of me. LOL

Since this is the social thread a funny story:

I was living in Macon Mo. and they had a pretty good team with a REALLY good running back. I worked the chains on the sidelines for the games.

At the end of the last home game Macon had a pretty big lead and the subs had been in for quite a while. With only about a minute left Macon took over on downs on their own 5 yard line.

The coach decided it would be a nice thing to do for the seniors if he put them all in the game for one play and let them all come off of the field together. He put them in and called a simple dive play up the middle.

Problem was that the running back went 95 yards for a touchdown and the opposing coach went absolutely ape $h!! and went running across the field yelling at Macon's coach and accusing him of running the score up while Macon's coach is trying to explain to him that he had no intention of scoring.

Our 3rd string quarterback threw a 50+ yard TD last night when we were up 50 something. It was 3rd and 25ish, and it was a roll out designed to throw a 5 yard out to the the TE. He decided to throw it to the receiver running a backside post. We were a little worried about that one, but the other coach just congratulated us and said "way to bring it".

When were you in Macon? When I was in high school we had about 10 or so families (a lot for the small town I grew up in) move to town from there.

Nice! What's the liner? Something purpose built or a McGyver job?

I was wondering the same thing.

~Justin

I lived there and worked in the coal mine until it shut down in 1993. Since the mine drove the local economy most of us went elsewhere to find work. I loved living in Macon and had 80 acres at the end of a dead end road with 1/2 mile of river frontage. When we left I told my wife I would never have a place that nice again...and I was right.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere or not but I love it. I can't embed from this computer but here it is anyway. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CoTwIl3APw[/video]

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere or not but I love it. I can't embed from this computer but here it is anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CoTwIl3APw

This needs its own thread. This is amazing.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!