IGNORED

NY NJ Courses open yet?

mmedeir1
Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

March is finally here; Let's keep this thread open to track any courses that we can confirm have opened for the Spring. I got touch a couple pro shops namely; The colts Neck CC and Spookybrook. Both are still closed as of 2/24. I will be checking in with them tomorrow for an update on course conditions, will revert back then. Anyone else have any news from the local courses?

Home course isn't scheduled to open until March 14, but I'll be shocked if it opens that day given the forecast for this week.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lots of the muni's in NYC are open year around.

I guess their philosophy is, "if you're willing to pay..."

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Lots of the muni's in NYC are open year around.

I guess their philosophy is, "if you're willing to pay..."

I have enough trouble finding my ball in the fall due to leaves, I can't imagine trying to find it in a snow bank or snow covered fairway.

Joe Paradiso

[QUOTE name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/72910/ny-nj-courses-open-yet/0_30#post_957666"]   Lots of the muni's in NYC are open year around. I guess their philosophy is, "if you're willing to pay..." [/QUOTE] I have enough trouble finding my ball in the fall due to leaves, I can't imagine trying to find it in a snow bank or snow covered fairway.

I guess that's why they have yellow balls. Just don't lose it in dog pee. Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I called last weekend & a couple courses were open just north of Atlantic City - too far a drive for me, but if anybody really has the itch, this is the area to target

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I called last weekend & a couple courses were open just north of Atlantic City - too far a drive for me, but if anybody really has the itch, this is the area to target

Indeed - I played at Blue Heron Pines 2 weekends ago - unseasonably warm for a Sunday in February - 55-60 degrees

Course was in decent shape, the only thing that sucked was every tee shot that was hit plugged. Fairways were very soggy, but what else do you expect playing golf in NJ in the winter? - I just enjoyed being out there ...

The commute for me was 2 hours each way (I live right outside of NYC) - for a 4 hour round of golf ... damn! I love this game!!! lol

Curious, were

Indeed - I played at Blue Heron Pines 2 weekends ago - unseasonably warm for a Sunday in February - 55-60 degrees

Course was in decent shape, the only thing that sucked was every tee shot that was hit plugged. Fairways were very soggy, but what else do you expect playing golf in NJ in the winter? - I just enjoyed being out there ...

Curious - was the range open?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Got an email from Cherry Creek out on Long Island. They opened this weekend with Cart Paths/rough riding. They hope to rescind by next weekend. They have their St. Patrick's Day shotgun coming up on the 17th(duh) so I guess they want to get into the swing of things.

I called Pelham Bay/Split Rock and they expect to be open later this week. For updates, follow them on Twitter @PBSRproshop

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

And they might close right back up again on Wednesday/Thursday. 25 degrees and snow expected around here. arrrrgh. At least Saturday might warm up and I can get some range work in before heading to FL at the end of the month.

And they might close right back up again on Wednesday/Thursday. 25 degrees and snow expected around here. arrrrgh. At least Saturday might warm up and I can get some range work in before heading to FL at the end of the month.

Only 30% chance. It'll probably be a dusting and melt quickly.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Any updates on the northernmost NJ courses that might be already open ??    Thx

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

They are still skiing at Ballyowen (Crystal Springs) and see no mention of golf on their FB or website.  I know most NY courses aren't opening officially until this weekend but whether the course will be playable is still unknown.  We're expecting more freezing temps and snow / sleet this week and early next week.  I'm hoping to play Saturday but the weather tomorrow could ruin that.

Joe Paradiso

According to golfnow and golfzing, Van Cortlandt Park in The Bronx and Dyker Beach in Brooklyn are open. I'm looking forward to checking out the new clubhouse at VC, supposed to be pretty nice.

According to twitter the back nine of the Pelham Bay course is open for walking only. Baby steps...

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!