IGNORED

Patrick Reed - Is he arrogant?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Arrogant?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't mind seeing Reed get his a$$ handed to him a bit this week in the form of a humility lesson.

I don't think that would change anything.  It's not like he's a silver platter type of guy who "had it easy."  Take somebody like Tiger Woods or Jordan Spieth; they both went straight to the majors and didn't have to do the web.com thing, or play the q-school game, or anything like that.  So, say, for example, that Jordan Spieth had Reed's attitude, then I'd agree that, perhaps, a bad loss would be required to take him down a peg.

But Reed already went the "pay your dues" route, so he's had his ass handed to him for a few years now.  Had to work his way up the hard way and still has that confident/arrogant attitude.  I don't think playing poorly in his first major is really going to all-of-a-sudden make him humble.

Unless, for example, he's in position to win come Sunday and decides to pull a "Norman."  That might knock him off his pedestal a bit. :beer:

For the record, though, even though I concede he's probably a bit too arrogant (after skimming the article I posted), I'm still rooting for him to play well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think that would change anything.  It's not like he's a silver platter type of guy who "had it easy."  Take somebody like Tiger Woods or Jordan Spieth; they both went straight to the majors and didn't have to do the web.com thing, or play the q-school game, or anything like that.  So, say, for example, that Jordan Spieth had Reed's attitude, then I'd agree that, perhaps, a bad loss would be required to take him down a peg.

But Reed already went the "pay your dues" route, so he's had his ass handed to him for a few years now.  Had to work his way up the hard way and still has that confident/arrogant attitude.  I don't think playing poorly in his first major is really going to all-of-a-sudden make him humble.

Unless, for example, he's in position to win come Sunday and decides to pull a "Norman."  That might knock him off his pedestal a bit.

For the record, though, even though I concede he's probably a bit too arrogant (after skimming the article I posted), I'm still rooting for him to play well.

Although I have never seen anything remotely close to Patrick's behavior amongst all the high school players I know (a couple dozen, at least), I still respect someone who's worked his way from the bottom up.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If he is so good, as good as he claims he is, why didn't he do better?!? If you are gonna run your mouth, you better be able to back it up.  He finished last in his threesome yesterday...

So by your logic/reasoning he was not only top five but also the number one player in the world when he won at WGC? Therefore he had every right to say so. Sucks when your own logic disproves your own argument huh.

So by your logic/reasoning he was not only top five but also the number one player in the world when he won at WGC? Therefore he had every right to say so.

Sucks when your own logic disproves your own argument huh.

Not really...

I never said anything about his performance at the WGC and he was talking about his game in general, not that one tournament.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Not really...

I never said anything about his performance at the WGC and he was talking about his game in general, not that one tournament.

Actually, no, @mp33 man makes a solid point.  You were clearly referring to yesterdays round, not talking "in general."  So, he's absolutely right.  If you're going to make that asinine argument, you also have to admit he was number 1 in the world a couple of weeks ago.

Not really... I never said anything about his performance at the WGC and he was talking about his game in general, not that one tournament.

He first "claimed to be so good" at the WGC, he "didn't do better" yesterday at the masters therefore implying that since he is so good (conclusion drawn from him "doing better" at previous tournaments aka WGC) he should have done better... its really hard to explain your logic to you since I don't think you understand it yourself. Secondly: he backed up his mouth before and after (he was first asked the question when the WGC was in progress and then again right after he had won).

The poor guy finished bogey, bogey, bogey.

But he was good in college, so never mind.

Didn't Shaquille O'Neil say "I've won at every level except college and pro" (before he won anything in the NBA)?

I thought to myself, who didn't? :-D

looks like the forum's most hated golfer may not make it to Sat/Sunday at Augusta National.........

If you're going to talk yourself up the way he did, you better back it up or else be prepared to take some shots. Sadly, he's looking more and more like the American version of Ian Poulter.

Patrick Reed: among the top 5 players to miss the cut at The Masters.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Patrick Reed: among the top 5 players to miss the cut at The Masters.

if I recall, Lefty missed the cut in '97....or thereabout....and ended up winning a couple of times..hope the kid proves his naysayers wrong.

if I recall, Lefty missed the cut in '97....or thereabout....and ended up winning a couple of times..hope the kid proves his naysayers wrong.

You say that like people are being harsh on him.

You can tell by the way he's acted the past two days that he's abit of a see you en tee

Not sure how "No" is winning the polls. Top 5 in the world? He's high off his ass, though I give him credit for having enough spunk to say that.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

i love how Nick Faldo  coined it when Reed got to the 18th today.  Something about how Augusta will bring guys back down to earth.. lol

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

The guy's an *******. It's one thing for people to respect what he says. But it's another thing to act like a jerk, and the way he was dropping F-bombs out there and acting immature....I'm sorry....I would love to like the guy, but I think he's a total douche. He is the category of Rory Sabbatini and Colin Montgomerie to me.

Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!