IGNORED

2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament

dhanson
Note: This thread is 3669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily I never had them getting past 2nd round in one of my brackets and the third in the other :-D

ACC SUCKS!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't know about the buyout part.  That's interesting.  Yeah, yesterday was a bracket buster day for sure.  Probably the same today.

As mighty Duke goes down to Mercer!

Karma. Coach K trashed the selection committee for picking 6 Atlantic-10 teams because he thought they should have picked more ACC teams. But what would he know about playing other conferences? Duke played zero non-conference games this year on somebody else's home court. Good riddance, rat face.

Always loved this picture...

Bill M

Duke going down helps my UMass Final four pick.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Luckily I never had them getting past 2nd round in one of my brackets and the third in the other

ACC SUCKS!!!

Haha ... me neither!  I never liked them, I never root for them, I never trust them.  Let's go Umass!!!

As mighty Duke goes down to Mercer!

Karma. Coach K trashed the selection committee for picking 6 Atlantic-10 teams because he thought they should have picked more ACC teams. But what would he know about playing other conferences? Duke played zero non-conference games this year on somebody else's home court. Good riddance, rat face.

Always loved this picture...

LOL ... I sorta feel bad for the kid ... It's not his fault he's being taught to root for Duke. :dance:

Duke going down helps my UMass Final four pick.

Wow ... I have them going to the Sweet 16, but not quite the final four.  In the pool I'm in, if either of my picks makes it to the championship game it's going to be an easy win for me.  It seems like half the people in my group picked Florida, Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State, with Florida winning it all.

I picked NONE of those!!!  UCLA, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa State ... with Iowa State beating Michigan in the final. :beer:

Haha ... me neither!  I never liked them, I never root for them, I never trust them.  Let's go Umass!!!

LOL ... I sorta feel bad for the kid ... It's not his fault he's being taught to root for Duke.

Wow ... I have them going to the Sweet 16, but not quite the final four.  In the pool I'm in, if either of my picks makes it to the championship game it's going to be an easy win for me.  It seems like half the people in my group picked Florida, Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State, with Florida winning it all.

I picked NONE of those!!!  UCLA, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa State ... with Iowa State beating Michigan in the final.

Nah, UMASS is getting taken down by Tennessee !!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

LOL, my sure to be dumb final four is 3 Creighton, 2 Michigan, 2 Kansas, 2 Villanova, with Kansas over Creighton in the final.

I think I'd win if that happens.

Edit: LOL, I just checked my bracket and I have UMass losing in the 1st round lol.

Constantine

• Administrator
I think that Duke loss eliminates almost every surviving bracket. I'd be shocked if more than two or three people still have life after that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think that Duke loss eliminates almost every surviving bracket. I'd be shocked if more than two or three people still have life after that.

Then pull out your defibrilator ... http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2014/en/leaderboard

There are currently still 58 perfect brackets at espn.com.

And Yahoo's leaderboard isn't correctly updated, but there are at least two people that are still perfect.

EDIT:  OK, yahoo is up to date now, and they have 37 people still in line for the billion.  So, 95 between the two sites to this point, but I would not at all be shocked if that number was zero by the end of the day.  There are still 12 games left!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Then pull out your defibrilator ... http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2014/en/leaderboard

And Yahoo's leaderboard isn't correctly updated, but there are at least two people that are still perfect.

EDIT:  OK, yahoo is up to date now, and they have 37 people still in line for the billion.  So, 95 between the two sites to this point, but I would not at all be shocked if that number was zero by the end of the day.  There are still 12 games left!

Haha, awesome. Thanks for the info, GD. :-D

Constantine

That's a shock.   I didn't think Duke would fall this early.

For those of you picking Michigan to go far, I hope you're right.   I'm a UM alum and would love to see them go deep in the tournament.  Watching them all season, they can beat anybody if they are hitting the jump shots.   They aren't afraid to hit from downtown.   If they aren't hitting the jumpers, the don't have a presence inside like Michigan State.   Look at the Big Ten tournament.  MSU toyed with everybody.   If MSU stays healthy, they are the team to beat.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

OK, now it is official.  Once GW lost to Memphis, nobody was eligible to win the billion dollars.  And then a bit later, once Stephen F. Austin beat VCU, the last 3 people with perfect brackets on espn.com also fell.

We're all failures!

• Administrator

OK, now it is official.  Once GW lost to Memphis, nobody was eligible to win the billion dollars.  And then a bit later, once Stephen F. Austin beat VCU, the last 3 people with perfect brackets on espn.com also fell.

We're all failures!

Nobody even made it out of the first round.

You'd have the best odds of picking the favorite in every game, btw. That'll happen sooner than someone semi-randomly picking the upsets that seem to happen.

P.S. I wonder if there's a non-transferrable, no-contract type provision in the Billion Dollar Bracket thing. That would prevent Buffett from having to try to bid against someone else should you get to the final four or whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

We're all failures!

Nobody even made it out of the first round.

You'd have the best odds of picking the favorite in every game, btw. That'll happen sooner than someone semi-randomly picking the upsets that seem to happen.

P.S. I wonder if there's a non-transferrable, no-contract type provision in the Billion Dollar Bracket thing. That would prevent Buffett from having to try to bid against someone else should you get to the final four or whatever.

Interesting stuff, guys. I would have thought the perfect bracket would last beyond the 1st round. Surprising it got busted up so early, but I guess that's just the absurd nature of this tournament.

OK, so I've lost four sweet sixteen teams already. I went 24/32 in round one. Pretty standard mediocrity for me. Still got all my Elite 8 teams though!

Half way there, livin' on a prayer! :-D

Constantine

Interesting stuff, guys. I would have thought the perfect bracket would last beyond the 1st round. Surprising it got busted up so early, but I guess that's just the absurd nature of this tournament.  OK, so I've lost four sweet sixteen teams already. I went 24/32 in round one. Pretty standard mediocrity for me. Still got all my Elite 8 teams though! Half way there, livin' on a prayer! :-D

Yeah, I think this year was especially wacky with upsets. I would think there's usually be somebody surviving the first round intact. I think I've only lost one sweet sixteen team so far. (Umass) ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Interesting stuff, guys. I would have thought the perfect bracket would last beyond the 1st round. Surprising it got busted up so early, but I guess that's just the absurd nature of this tournament.

OK, so I've lost four sweet sixteen teams already. I went 24/32 in round one. Pretty standard mediocrity for me. Still got all my Elite 8 teams though!

Half way there, livin' on a prayer!

Yeah, I think this year was especially wacky with upsets. I would think there's usually be somebody surviving the first round intact.

I think I've only lost one sweet sixteen team so far. (Umass) ;)

Wow, only one? What are you, some kinda expert at this stuff? :smartass:

I'm notoriously bad at predicting March Madness. It's kind of my thing. I've made at least one bracket every year since 1994 (?), and I don't think I've ever come close to winning any pools.

Law of averages says I have to get lucky one of these years though, right?....right??? :pound:

Constantine

Wow, only one? What are you, some kinda expert at this stuff? :smartass: I'm notoriously bad at predicting March Madness. It's kind of my thing. I've made at least one bracket every year since 1994 (?), and I don't think I've ever come close to winning any pools.  Law of averages says I have to get lucky one of these years though, right?....right??? :pound:

No not really. I do like Erik suggested and pick mostly favorites. ;). But give it a couple days and let's see where I stand on Sunday. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Wow, only one? What are you, some kinda expert at this stuff?

I'm notoriously bad at predicting March Madness. It's kind of my thing. I've made at least one bracket every year since 1994 (?), and I don't think I've ever come close to winning any pools.

Law of averages says I have to get lucky one of these years though, right?....right???

No not really. I do like Erik suggested and pick mostly favorites. ;). But give it a couple days and let's see where I stand on Sunday. ;)

Yea. Picking your spots with the upsets is pretty darn key, I guess. I tend to get a bit overboard with it. Good points.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!