IGNORED

Pocket Items

muskegman
Note: This thread is 2881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Wait, people here keep 2nd balls in their pocket? I would hate that feeling.

Absolutely. There is one hole on my course (carts only unless you are in high school and playing a match or tourney) where you park and have to walk across a bridge and to teeing ground to hit over a creek on a blind dogleg right. It is highly recommended to bring two balls and a couple tees. I have seen guys need three or four balls to get it in play at times. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a lefty, so I keep things I need on the tee in my left pocket so that I don't have to reach in there with a glove hand.

Left pocket: tees, usually 3 or 4 taller tees and a few broken ones, and an extra ball

Right Pocket: Masters repair tool with magnetic ball marker and chap stick

Back pockets: nothing, I always take my wallet out and put it in my bag.

Front right a divot tool I've had 20+ years and a coin, wallet in back right, nothing in any others. Phone keys other miscellaneous items go in the bag at the start.

• Administrator
On June 13, 2005 at 5:53 PM, iacas said:

Left Pocket: tees (Stingers, 3 1/4" Pro)
Right Pocket: Divot repair tool, coins, pencil. Each feels different enough that I can tell them apart quickly.

For par-3s, I use any of the broken tees widely available.

Aside from the stingers being plastic tees, and now just two in number… the same. And the pencil is usually in the cart. :-)

Occasionally - rarely - I put a leather scorecard holder in the back pocket. Which back pocket? It varies.

On June 13, 2016 at 5:41 PM, xcott said:

scotty cameron ball repair tool (so good)

How does it repair your ball? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Left front pocket, combo ball marker and ball mark repair tool. Neat gizmo. Has a magnet that holds the ball marker, and opens like a switchblade with the push of a button. I still have my old Callaway repair tool but I got tired of getting stabbed in the leg! Right front pocket, ball and 3 tees to start the round. Tees must be white or natural wood, no other colors allowed. Ball must be white. Right hip pocket is for my glove when I remove it. Left hip pocket is for a rag early in the season when it's sloppy and the ball is picking up mud.

Front left- usually just chapstick.

Front right- ball marker,divot tool, extra ball, and a few tees.

Back left- glove when it's not on my hand.

Back right- empty.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Aside from the stingers being plastic tees, and now just two in number… the same. And the pencil is usually in the cart. :-)

Occasionally - rarely - I put a leather scorecard holder in the back pocket. Which back pocket? It varies.

How does it repair your ball? :-)

It provides a massage after you've been kicked in them by turning a GIR into a bogey.

Note: This thread is 2881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!