IGNORED

A Beginners Bag - What would you put in

Note: This thread is 6117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So specific clubs aside, I'm wondering what clubs would you fill a beginners bag with?

Would you take out the long irons and replace them with hybrids? If so which ones?

Multiple wedges with different lofts?

Classic or mallet putter? Standard, Belly, or long?

I'm just full of questions =)
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

So specific clubs aside, I'm wondering what clubs would you fill a beginners bag with?

3 Wood Shallow faced

5 Wood Shallow faced 4 Hybrid Rounded leading edge 5 Hybrid Rounded leading edge 6-Gap Wedge Super Game Improvement SW 56 deg high bounce Putter- whatever you can make a lot of 3-5 foot putts with.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Try the ignite irons.

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

3w, 5w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6-pw, sw, mallet putter. You can add driver and another wedge when you break 100 maybe 1/3 of the time. Seniors and Women could consider a 7w instead of the 3h.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I agree with allin, the driver should be the last club you buy. Spend some quality time on the range getting your irons going and practice putting often. People make the mistake of thinking long is what they should worry about. Remember that a 300y drive and a 3" putt look exactly the same on a scorecard.

As far as your wedges go, I would just get a good, high quality 56* sand wedge. I've only been playing a year and still play horrible, but I use my sand wedge more than any other club. I have a 60* and 64* lob wedge, but never used them. For pitching around the green stick with one club, that way you're used to the feel of that club and have confidence every time you get around the green. When I finally quit using my lob wedges and just the SW, I dropped my score by 5-8 strokes on the last 3 rounds I've played. Good luck!
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Clubs that are: (1) Meant for a high-handicapper. (2) Fit for your build, if not swing. (3) appealing to your eye.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took the driver out of my game. IF and thats a big IF I hit a good drive it would go 230ish. Problem was it almost never went straight and sometimes even if it did go straight it would only travel about 200. I'd rather shoot my 4 iron 175 yards and straight. The next club I'm going to really try to work on is my 3hybrid. I figure if I can learn to hit my hybrid around 190 or so then I'll take that and work from there.

You're living in the best age, technologically speaking, to buy golf clubs for the beginner or high handicapper. Callaway, Cobra and others make clubs specific to your needs. Go try some. One could suggest a set makeup to you, but that set might not be right for you. You have to do some leg work. The increase in choices also increases the work on your part. Try hybrids. They are so versatile. Work, work work on your shortgame. Save the lob wedge for later. Try different putters. I like mallets. They just suit my eye. Blades may work better for you; you just have to try them out. Also, if you can, a few lessons would probably be of great benefit and the pro could make some suggestions to you based on what he observes. Go hit some balls and have fun. Good luck.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 6117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!