IGNORED

Big Break Invitational

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did she make the birdie putt?

Meh.....  It's about the only golf on this week (Dunhill is just on too early over here), but I just can't get very interested in it.

Kind of reminds me of the old silly season stuff they used to have to fill the gap between seasons.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I turned on GC just long enough to see Tony Finau wait for a group to finish putting on a par 4. He then launched his drive 335 carry with a slight cut, landing softly on the green. It looked like it landed like a pitching wedge from 100yds out. Apparently he did well on web.com and earned PGA card next year. If he can regularly drive like that, he just needs a mediocre short game I'd think.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Stableford is fun for the first couples days - it lets them all be a little more aggressive.

That said - it's watching like just another tournament.  The cut is in, I think they switch to match play now.

Finau looks like the real thing.

I know it's sexist, but since Big Break was leveraging ratings, the girls are (on average - there were ridiculous exceptions of course) cuter than the average LPGA lineup.  So this is more appealing to watch than a regular LPGA tourney.

I nice to see who took it seriously enough afterwards to do well in the real world.

Bill - 

Have ratings for the women seasons of Big Break been better than the men? Emily Talley has improved a lot.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

No one is watching... Greens are excessively receptive. I think they set the course up to be easier so the BBers didn't look so bad. Mods I tried to post in the existing thread but I think it was in the locker room.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

No one is watching... Greens are excessively receptive. I think they set the course up to be easier so the BBers didn't look so bad.

Mods I tried to post in the existing thread but I think it was in the locker room.

They also have women playing the same course.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There was a local guy playing in it do I watched a lot of it. He didn't do so well but it was nice to see Shank out there grinding.

Don't know how but forgot "two gloves" so there were two local guys. Guess he's just farther away so I forget him.

They also have women playing the same course.......

Are you familiar with course set for women's tourneys? I know they are usually shorter but are they set up easier overall? IE Slower greens, less difficult approach shots etc...

• Administrator

No one is watching...

Or searching for existing threads, I see. :)

I watched some. I like match play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

Sara Brown

I reallyyyyyyyy hope they bring Sara back

I always watch Big Break.  I look forward to it. BTW, for all you SB lovers out there, GC said she will co host School of Golf the remainder of 2014.

No one is watching... Greens are excessively receptive. I think they set the course up to be easier so the BBers didn't look so bad.

Mods I tried to post in the existing thread but I think it was in the locker room.

Or searching for existing threads, I see. :)

I watched some. I like match play.

There was only one post on the thread and I received an alert saying I could not post on the thread. I was not sure anyone else could actually see it. Had you had read my initial post completely you would have seen that I acknowledged the existing thread ;)

• Administrator
There was only one post on the thread and I received an alert saying I could not post on the thread. I was not sure anyone else could actually see it. Had you had read my initial post completely you would have seen that I acknowledged the existing thread ;)

There were 22 posts and yours was #23 after merging. The OP can't see the Locker Room, so it's always been here in "Golf Talk."

But whatever… it's on today at 3 eastern too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Wow, just watched the finish this morning.

Emily Talley had it won but hit it slightly fat (I think?) on the 17th to make double in the drink.

I never heard anything about this event, but stumbled onto it by accident..  I missed the live first day coverage, but DVR'd the replay later that evening and I watched the entire thing.

I loved this event.......what fun!   I really enjoyed watching and will be sure to watch this event every year!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I doubt this event made money for the Golf Channel because the ratings won't be great. But it was a huge success. It was quite entertaining. I love watching match play.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

I never heard anything about this event, but stumbled onto it by accident..  I missed the live first day coverage, but DVR'd the replay later that evening and I watched the entire thing.

I loved this event.......what fun!   I really enjoyed watching and will be sure to watch this event every year!!

Totally agree. Had fun watching the whole tourny. Was pulling for Tony, and Sadena to win, still it was fun.

Note: This thread is 3461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!