IGNORED

Rory McIlroy is quitzies (breaks engagement) with Caroline Wozniacki....

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Apparently, some anonymous sources are claiming that Rory broke this off during a 3 minute phone call that Caroline initially took as a joke. If that's true, the dude is either very strange, socially awkward, both, or has another piece lined up on the side. If you're "crazy in love" with somebody today and then decide "wait.. this is not working out" tomorrow and you break it off over a 3 minute phone call 24 hours later - AFTER you sent out wedding invitations, something is seriously wrong with someone in that relationship. Just my opinion, but that is really, really, really messed up and weird. Forget about them being a celebrity couple for a minute and just try to process that logic as a rational, normal human being...

Meh.

That came from a random report. Not saying it's not true, I just didn't put much stock in it.

Having to tell a 23 year old girl in person that you're breaking up with her right after sending out invitations is most likely a dangerous endeavor. Better wear hockey pads. Obviously it's better to tell her in person, but what about the back story? They could have been halfway across the world from each-other. Sometimes you just gotta get stuff off your chest. At least it wasn't by text :D

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Meh.

That came from a random report. Not saying it's not true, I just didn't put much stock in it.

Having to tell a 23 year old girl in person that you're breaking up with her right after sending out invitations is most likely a dangerous endeavor. Better wear hockey pads. Obviously it's better to tell her in person, but what about the back story? They could have been halfway across the world from each-other. Sometimes you just gotta get stuff off your chest. At least it wasn't by text :D

Yeah, it's definitely a shady report. I'm just saying if it is true, that is messed up in my opinion. If you're engaged and throwing the word "love' around, which you obviously are if you're planning to be married, I think you owe yourself and the other person more than a phone call.

You can still wait for better timing if you're on opposite ends of the globe. The kid withdrew from the Honda last year due to mental issues that he was having. Yet, he goes out and wins after calling off a pending wedding and relationship with this girl? Actually, on second thought, it seems like all things are pointing to her being nuts.... :doh:

are pointing to her being nuts....

According to Caroline herself, she clearly wanted things to move FAST. I'm not saying she was a bridezilla like some people are painting her...but Rory clearly freaked at how things were playing out.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/rory-mcilroy-freaked-out-by-bridezilla-caroline-wozniacki-30305308.html

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

According to Caroline herself, she clearly wanted things to move FAST. I'm not saying she was a bridezilla like some people are painting her...but Rory clearly freaked at how things were playing out.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/rory-mcilroy-freaked-out-by-bridezilla-caroline-wozniacki-30305308.html

Yeah, that's... pretty crazy. Oh well, good for him for standing up for what he thinks is right and for what he wants I guess.

That Rory vs Robot video cracked me up too..

I'd like to say I'm not really that bothered by it (but sadly the number of posts on the thread I've some how managed to acrue might leave me struggling to defend that assertion) - even if I'm not. I said at the time that I thought she'd be badly treated, and given that Rory is the biggest thing in Northern Ireland since George Best (or possibly Barry McGuigan) I wouldn't expect the local paper to give him anything other than sympathetic coverage.

To my mind, this has all the hallmarks of a third person being involved (not sure how why I suspect that!!!)

Mind you Serena got knocked out in the first round too, perhaps she has other things on her mind?

Quote:
given that Rory is the biggest thing in Northern Ireland since George Best (or possibly Barry McGuigan) I wouldn't expect the local paper to give him anything other than sympathetic coverage.

I'm sure the ghost of Alex Higgins is offended by your oversight.

Quote:
To my mind, this has all the hallmarks of a third person being involved (not sure how why I suspect that!!!)

A simpler explanation: why would a nice Liverpool supporting girl like her want to marry a Manchester United fan, anyway?

• Administrator

Ugh. Seriously? I think he has a right to be pretty ticked if she's sending stuff like that out while he's sleeping. :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did consider Higgins actually, but felt that McIlroy is bigger. Higgins was only really popular amongst one community (as indeed was Best in fairness).

Had overlooked he was a Man U fan. Well that probably explains it. She should have called it off at that point

Starting to remind me of that Seinfeld episode where George stops having sex and gets smarter and Elaine does the same thing and has the opposite effect. Rory breaks up with his girl and is killing it on the golf course, while Wozniaki can't win a first round match at the French.

Golf channel is again making a mountain out of a mole hill. Rory is breaking down physically now...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Well you have to say, Caroline Wozniecki either has a very good sense of humour, or Rory needs to be very, very worr ied. This is her new Twitter avatar (apparently) changed in the last 24 hours. Me thinkz that perhaps photographs of Rory asleep posted on the social network might be tame compared to what she could be lining up! Perversely this might actually be exactly the sort of thing that golf needs. Nothing like a celebrity sporting couple falling out very, very publicly

Well you have to say, Caroline Wozniecki either has a very good sense of humour, or Rory needs to be very, very worried. This is her new Twitter avatar (apparently) changed in the last 24 hours. Me thinkz that perhaps photographs of Rory asleep posted on the social network might be tame compared to what she could be lining up! Perversely this might actually be exactly the sort of thing that golf needs. Nothing like a celebrity sporting couple falling out very, very publicly

I didn't figure the reason he dumped her was because she was a witch but rather something that rhymed with witch. :whistle:

Joe Paradiso

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/caroline-wozniacki-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!