IGNORED

My Swing (Vinsk)

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I certainly see how my head is looking to the target when my trail arm is parallel to the ground vs the pros’ heads still being down.

Not all tour pros. A few, most famously Anika, turn their heads sooner. Whether or not that's an issue or a priority for you is best left for a pro to determine, IMO.

2025363253_ScreenShot2019-01-18at6_32_41PM.thumb.png.9d67d799a7eab3b782c6a87f8fa7dbe6.png

Edited by chspeed

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

35 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Not all tour pros. A few, most famously Anika, turn their heads sooner. Whether or not that's an issue or a priority for you is best left for a pro to determine, IMO.

2025363253_ScreenShot2019-01-18at6_32_41PM.thumb.png.9d67d799a7eab3b782c6a87f8fa7dbe6.png

Yea I agree.

I agree also that she wasn’t too shabby at this silly game 😄

• Like 1

Constantine

• 4 weeks later...

Still working on steady head and less shaft lean at set up. I wanted to show a DTL of my pre-swing feel compared to the disaster that takes place on the real swing. But I'm making progress. Me and Stephan are going slowly. We're gonna. address that backswing later. Just keeping it SSSSS for now. Cheers! All input is appreciated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On camera, it looks to me like you move your head forward significantly as you get your weight forward, and then do a pretty good job of getting it back before impact. Not sure if this is something your pro addressed, but I would think it would be easier if you can keep it a bit more steady on the first move down.

Obviously, please take my input for what it is, an amateur take on this!

Note: I'm using the tree in background as a guide.

Vinsk1-2.thumb.jpg.fcccaef8ed87a28ffc21784148572033.jpg608047857_vinsk3-4.thumb.jpg.181b4cfe9c52623671e3088bd8032893.jpg

Edited by chspeed

59 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@Vinsk, is that Celebration GC? 

Yes!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

34 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yes!

Played there couple of months ago on a golf trip. Great layout. Played ok on the back 9 but front 9 ate my lunch for some reason...😊

Swing looking good!

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• 1 month later...

Still working on not moving my stupid head with my lower body. Boy I tell ya I’m really untalented. Zero feel. ‘Feel ain’t real’ for sure but for me it’s a total guess where my arms are in the back swing. This swing I literally moved with feeling that my arms went straight up in the air over my head. Just a rant, sorry. I spent a long time making very slow backswings with my hand a high only to revert to this mess. Ain’t gonna quit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Still working on not moving my stupid head with my lower body.

You have a grass range to work on... pool noodles and driveway markers are you friends.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

19 minutes ago, billchao said:

You have a grass range to work on... pool noodles and driveway markers are you friends.

Yeah I used a shaft + cane to start with. Doing the drill I was able to keep my head from moving forward. But those were small swings and punches. I had the audacity to think I could make a regular speed swing with a steady head. Sadly these videos were after I had done slow swings and drills. It’s a journey as I have no natural strengths when it comes to golf other than the desire and stamina to practice all day.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah I used a shaft + cane to start with. Doing the drill I was able to keep my head from moving forward. But those were small swings and punches. I had the audacity to think I could make a regular speed swing with a steady head. Sadly these videos were after I had done slow swings and drills. It’s a journey as I have no natural strengths when it comes to golf other than the desire and stamina to practice all day.

Practice at the edge of your ability. If you can do it at 60%, ramp it up a little more.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

43 minutes ago, billchao said:

Practice at the edge of your ability. If you can do it at 60%, ramp it up a little more.

Thanks Bill. I have this weekend off so going to put some good work in.

• Administrator

Put a little mirror down by the ball?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Put a little mirror down by the ball?

That’s a good idea. I’m gonna try that. 

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Thanks Bill. I have this weekend off so going to put some good work in.

If you switch to swinging right handed, it may help! :-P

Seriously, changes like this can take time. It has taken me since December to get my set up changes to be even close to automatic and it was just a head position change. So don't get too frustrated, just keep plugging away like a stupid monkey.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...

Working on a more steady head and less forward slide. Still have that ridiculous trail arm getting way too far back which I believe causes my lead arm to bend holding on for dear life. But my head is better and my hands have slightly gotten better but still have no lag and poor wrists positions at impact. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Working on a more steady head and less forward slide. Still have that ridiculous trail arm getting way too far back which I believe causes my lead arm to bend holding on for dear life. But my head is better and my hands have slightly gotten better but still have no lag and poor wrists positions at impact. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone have a similar problem with their trail elbow? I’m looking for some possible ‘feel’ ideas. I use the ‘keep the trail arm straight’ which I’m able to in countless mirror work and practice swings. Can’t seem to do it when I’m hitting. 

Note: This thread is 1447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!