IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pace of play is abysmal.

What's the time right now?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
What's the time right now?

3:30 for 13 holes. On pace for 290 minute round. In twosomes. In one fairway they both looked at each other and said "I thought you were away. "

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If Kaymer can get to the clubhouse at 8-under, I can't see how he loses tomorrow. 7-under or below? We have a tournament on our hands.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Is[quote name="iacas" url="/t/74727/2014-u-s-open-at-pinehurst-2-discussion-thread/570#post_1005408"] 3:30 for 13 holes. On pace for 290 minute round. In twosomes. In one fairway they both looked at each other and said "I thought you were away. "[/quote] What is it that slows them down? A few slowpokes or is everyone just creeping along?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I like Kaymer, but I hope he drops a few strokes coming down the stretch. It would be interesting to see him play Sunday with Fowler, Compton, Stenson, and DJ right behind him.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I like Kaymer, but I hope he drops a few strokes coming down the stretch. It would be interesting to see him play Sunday with Fowler, Compton, Stenson, and DJ right behind him.

I don't think Compton has the fitness to play at his best for 72 holes. That's not going to stop NBC from giving him a 10-minute Jimmy Roberts feature before the final round, or the press from gushing his story in Sunday's sports pages.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I don't think Compton has the fitness to play at his best for 72 holes. That's not going to stop NBC from giving him a 10-minute Jimmy Roberts feature before the final round, or the press from gushing his story in Sunday's sports pages.

I think he'll surprise some people, but he's not going to win

Riley

Feel a bit sorry for Na. Just hasn't been able to keep his concentration to the end.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Great finish from Kaymer. Not over yet, but giving him a five-shot start doesn't look too simple.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

So Kaymer and Fowler in the final group?

Yep.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hard to see him giving up the lead, I probably won't watch tomorrow

So you don't think an early double from Kaymer and an early birdie from Fowler would narrow the gap somewhat? It wouldn't surprise me if it becomes very very tense at the end. With those runoffs a four shot lead with 6 to go is no cakewalk.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Hard to see him giving up the lead, I probably won't watch tomorrow

I remember saying the same words the last time the Open was at Pinehurst and everyone thought there was no chance Retief Goosen would blow his lead. Anything is possible.

I remember saying the same words the last time the Open was at Pinehurst and everyone thought there was no chance Retief Goosen would blow his lead. Anything is possible.

I guess you're right, but I really wanna watch some WC games so i'll probably just check the leaderboard and if things get interesting i'll check it out. I hope Rickie or Compton can win

Riley

Watched a little bit of this today because it was broadcasting on the web for free for some reason and I caught a hole where this Kevin Na skulled a chip across the green and then muffed the comebacker.  Total weekend hacker style, I loved it. :-$

Note: This thread is 3356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!