IGNORED

2014 U.S. Opens (Plural!) at Pinehurst #2 Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I missed Fowler's slow motion swing analysis - didn't record it - what were they saying about his not straight lead arm?

He was just saying that it's unusual since it could be harder to swing down through the ball at impact that way. I say that he hit a decent shot anyways, so however he does it must work.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I  think Kaymer will be teeing off with his putter by the 16th hole...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I've really enjoyed this US Open. Really like Kaymer's game.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Or ya could watch Messi

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've really enjoyed this US Open. Really like Kaymer's game.

I have reasons to enjoy this as well but I have been watching Kaymer for a while and know he has got a awesome game.

Honestly? That's what I'm doing. I've got two screens going but I haven't hardly glanced at golf.

Haha poor Bosnian brotha already with an OG

Riley

Potential contest winners

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74729/2014-u-s-open-prediction-contest-win-a-taylormade-jetspeed-driver/144#post_1003595

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74729/2014-u-s-open-prediction-contest-win-a-taylormade-jetspeed-driver/90#post_998330

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

They just mentioned it on-air, in 1992 Tom Kite won the US Open on Father's Day and another tournament on Mother's Day.

People are nuts in the gallery standing there while DJ hits through the trees...

Meh. If Kaymer showed 1% the emotion that Tiger shows, maybe I'd get into it more. And I like Kaymer.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Meh. If Kaymer showed 1% the emotion that Tiger shows, maybe I'd get into it more. And I like Kaymer.

Agreed, Kaymer's perfectly fine and all, he just has the emotions of a robot.

Riley

If Tiger was doing what Kaymer is doing everyone would be going bonkers, but with Martin they say it's a boring tournament. Double standard.

— Peter Kostis (@peterjkostis) June 15, 2014

Germans are not known for enthusiasm...

This is dead on. He's a great player, but he just doesn't excite the crowds or even himself. Pretty much a steady Eddie kind of guy. I wonder if the USGA is making a par 4 or two drivable each day to try and reduce the number of divots in the fairways for the women? Perhaps we'll see the par 4's that played long for men play short for women and the short par 4's play long for them.

While this has been on hell of a terribly boring US Open, I do really like Kaymer. Sure he is robotic, but something about him and his game I find really enjoyable to watch/root for. He's a young star and perhaps the one young player we have overlooked a bit. Fowler, Spieth, English, Reed, even Rory, etc...maybe Kaymer is the real future. Who knows?

This US Open still sucks relative speaking, but thats been this season all year.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Potential contest winners

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74729/2014-u-s-open-prediction-contest-win-a-taylormade-jetspeed-driver/144#post_1003595

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74729/2014-u-s-open-prediction-contest-win-a-taylormade-jetspeed-driver/90#post_9983

You forgot me. I have Kaymer at -6.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 3355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!