• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MattyMFC

Just broke 100 for the first time!!

15 posts in this topic

I'm not sure this justifies it's own post, if not I'm very sorry! I just shot a 98!!! 53 on the front 9, wasn't expecting much. Pretty standard start to my game (previous best 102). Then I shot a 45 on the back 9! I can't tell you all how pleased I actually am, I genuinely feel like I've accomplished something. I started playing last July (10 months ago). December 26th I bought some Callaway X Hot Irons (Boxing Day sale!). I've had 5 lessons between January & April. This might seem insignificant but I can't describe how much it has improved my game, just 5 little lessons! Sorry to bore you all with my story, but I'm very happy and wanted to share!

This does deserve a thread and a congrats..... There are people on here who are working on this goal(including me). Every low handicap'er at some point had to first break 100. I know when I finally get there I am going to start a thread, kill a fattened calf and celebrate! Enjoy it!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats dude, I hope to join you soon

I'm not sure this justifies it's own post, if not I'm very sorry!

I just shot a 98!!!

53 on the front 9, wasn't expecting much. Pretty standard start to my game (previous best 102). Then I shot a 45 on the back 9!

I can't tell you all how pleased I actually am, I genuinely feel like I've accomplished something.

I started playing last July (10 months ago). December 26th I bought some Callaway X Hot Irons (Boxing Day sale!).

I've had 5 lessons between January & April. This might seem insignificant but I can't describe how much it has improved my game, just 5 little lessons!

Sorry to bore you all with my story, but I'm very happy and wanted to share!

Nice job! This is a serious milestone.

Cheers guys! My handicap is still 28. Do I need to string a few consecutive scores below 100 before it drops a bit?

Congrats. You can be sure when I break 100, I will let everyone know.

Last august was my first time ever playing and I've been hooked every since. I've had 2 lessons and it has helped me tremendously. It was an awesome feeling to break 100 so I know your feeling. My lowest score was 92 on a par 70 so I'm trying to beak 90.

It's the first milestone so well done! But you need to do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke!

It's the first milestone so well done! But you need to do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke!

I appreciate the truth in this statement! Looking forward to my next round, trying not to get ahead of myself but I can't help being confident.

Great job!  It took me a season and a half or break 100 and it is certainly a milestone - be proud and confident that more frequent 90's are on their way.

Congrats. I am jealous and curious as to your journey as well. I picked up the game for the 1st time at the end of last Summer (I am 44). Played around ~25 rounds so far. Had 2 sets of lessons. Practice a lot. Best score so far was 108. Last few rounds went back up though to 122, 120, & 116. I set a goal to break 100 by this season's end (oct/nov timeframe).