Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MattyMFC

Just broke 100 for the first time!!

15 posts in this topic

I'm not sure this justifies it's own post, if not I'm very sorry! I just shot a 98!!! 53 on the front 9, wasn't expecting much. Pretty standard start to my game (previous best 102). Then I shot a 45 on the back 9! I can't tell you all how pleased I actually am, I genuinely feel like I've accomplished something. I started playing last July (10 months ago). December 26th I bought some Callaway X Hot Irons (Boxing Day sale!). I've had 5 lessons between January & April. This might seem insignificant but I can't describe how much it has improved my game, just 5 little lessons! Sorry to bore you all with my story, but I'm very happy and wanted to share!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

This does deserve a thread and a congrats..... There are people on here who are working on this goal(including me). Every low handicap'er at some point had to first break 100. I know when I finally get there I am going to start a thread, kill a fattened calf and celebrate! Enjoy it!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats dude, I hope to join you soon

I'm not sure this justifies it's own post, if not I'm very sorry!

I just shot a 98!!!

53 on the front 9, wasn't expecting much. Pretty standard start to my game (previous best 102). Then I shot a 45 on the back 9!

I can't tell you all how pleased I actually am, I genuinely feel like I've accomplished something.

I started playing last July (10 months ago). December 26th I bought some Callaway X Hot Irons (Boxing Day sale!).

I've had 5 lessons between January & April. This might seem insignificant but I can't describe how much it has improved my game, just 5 little lessons!

Sorry to bore you all with my story, but I'm very happy and wanted to share!

Nice job! This is a serious milestone.

Cheers guys! My handicap is still 28. Do I need to string a few consecutive scores below 100 before it drops a bit?

Congrats. You can be sure when I break 100, I will let everyone know.

Last august was my first time ever playing and I've been hooked every since. I've had 2 lessons and it has helped me tremendously. It was an awesome feeling to break 100 so I know your feeling. My lowest score was 92 on a par 70 so I'm trying to beak 90.

It's the first milestone so well done! But you need to do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke!

It's the first milestone so well done! But you need to do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke!

I appreciate the truth in this statement! Looking forward to my next round, trying not to get ahead of myself but I can't help being confident.

Great job!  It took me a season and a half or break 100 and it is certainly a milestone - be proud and confident that more frequent 90's are on their way.

Congrats. I am jealous and curious as to your journey as well. I picked up the game for the 1st time at the end of last Summer (I am 44). Played around ~25 rounds so far. Had 2 sets of lessons. Practice a lot. Best score so far was 108. Last few rounds went back up though to 122, 120, & 116. I set a goal to break 100 by this season's end (oct/nov timeframe).