IGNORED

Phil is bad for golf

tigergoat
Note: This thread is 3590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nobody is talking about you personally.  Having said that, are you saying that most men haven't cheated on their wives or girlfriends at some point?

I never cheated on my past girl friends. And I've never cheated on my wife....and never will. What kind of men do you hang with? Just because you would doesn't mean 99% would too. Speak for yourself.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

I never cheated on my past girl friends. And I've never cheated on my wife....and never will.

What kind of men do you hang with?

Just because you would doesn't mean 99% would too.

Speak for yourself.

First if all, don't you dare label ME as a cheater!  Secondly, nobody said that YOU cheated on your wife or girlfriend.  Lastly, it depends on what you classify as cheating.  For some it's sleeping around and for others it spending time with somebody else.

First if all, don't you dare label ME as a cheater!  Secondly, nobody said that YOU cheated on your wife or girlfriend.  Lastly, it depends on what you classify as cheating.  For some it's sleeping around and for others it spending time with somebody else.

Spending time with someone? You have pretty wide range. By your definition working with someone could classify as cheating. Oh...I see you can label 99% of us men as cheaters but, you get pissed off if you are included in that 99%. You don't know what you're saying. Good griff.

• Upvote 1
In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Spending time with someone?

You have pretty wide range.

By your definition working with someone could classify as cheating.

Oh...I see you can label 99% of us men as cheaters but, you get pissed off if you are included in that 99%.

You don't know what you're saying.

Good griff.

I know exactly what I'm saying. You are just another self-righteousness idiot swearing by the gods he NEVER did anything wrong. If you expect to convince me or any reasonable person that most men live their entire married lives without cheating once I will have to say you are full of shit. I've lived long enough to see that proven wrong time and time again.  Doesn't make men bad.  It's just a weakness that most men have.

Oh...I see you can label 99% of us men as cheaters but, you get pissed off if you are included in that 99%.

Good griff.

Yes idiot, spending time with someone else can be considered cheating!  If you find out your wife has been spending time with the good looking co-worker that she never told you about after work at his apartment before she comes home, is it cheating? Of course she says they are just friends.

@RightEdge , initially you said 99% of men cheat. Later you said most (most could be 51%). What are your actual thoughts on this? If someone tells me 99% of men do something, I have to assume they mean me. 1% chance does not leave me with much of an out.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Nobody is talking about you personally.  Having said that, are you saying that most men haven't cheated on their wives or girlfriends at some point?

You said 99%. Your "stats" are wrong.

Yes idiot

You are just another self-righteousness idiot swearing by the gods he NEVER did anything wrong. If you expect to convince me or any reasonable person that most men live their entire married lives without cheating once I will have to say you are full of shit. I've lived long enough to see that proven wrong time and time again.  Doesn't make men bad.  It's just a weakness that most men have.

Uhm, let's be very clear about something, @RightEdge .

1. You'll be restricted from this thread, placed in the penalty box, or outright banned if you continue to call others names.

2. Multi-Quote. I know this has been asked of you in the past. .

And seriously, you have a very warped view of the world, or men, or something. I gave a golf lesson to a cute chick in yoga pants the other day. Guess I cheated on my wife. She paid me, oh hell, now I'm a prostitute!

This topic (the thread topic) is stupid, but the "99% of men cheat" stuff is not just stupid, it's… :offtopic: .

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@RightEdge, initially you said 99% of men cheat. Later you said most (most could be 51%). What are your actual thoughts on this?

If someone tells me 99% of men do something, I have to assume they mean me. 1% chance does not leave me with much of an out.

99% of men pee standing up!  There! I said it! :-O

The OP stated an opinion that gambling is not a role model activity.  We can agree or disagree without needing to spin threads out of control and eventually getting personal in our responses (not you @14ledo81 , but in general).

I actually have only started gambling this year in golf.  My league requires you put in a dollar each week with the best round versus quota getting the pot. Last Friday, my close friend and I finally played match play with a sort of Nassau bet for a beer for each nine.  We split and bought a round for each anyway.

I am not a gambler and don't find enjoyment in it.  The above games are about as far as I will go. I does not bother me if others do it as long as they don't ruin their lives.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@RightEdge , initially you said 99% of men cheat. Later you said most (most could be 51%). What are your actual thoughts on this? If someone tells me 99% of men do something, I have to assume they mean me. 1% chance does not leave me with much of an out.

All my life I wanted to be a one percenter! I finally made it!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallMarker

Good griff.

Yes idiot, spending time with someone else can be considered cheating!  If you find out your wife has been spending time with the good looking co-worker that she never told you about after work at his apartment before she comes home, is it cheating? Of course she says they are just friends.

Everyone cheats but you?  Not too sanctimonious are we?  In reality you know nothing.  99% of all men cheat?  Give me a break.  And simply to have a friend of the opposite sex is cheating?  Who you maybe have a drink with after work?  Wow.  What century are you living in?  Do you and your wife chain each other to the wall to keep each other faithful?

This has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen on this or any other thread, and we've had some real whoppers posted here from time to time.

The OP stated an opinion that gambling is not a role model activity.  We can agree or disagree without needing to spin threads out of control and eventually getting personal in our responses (not you @14ledo81 , but in general).

I actually have only started gambling this year in golf.  My league requires you put in a dollar each week with the best round versus quota getting the pot. Last Friday, my close friend and I finally played match play with a sort of Nassau bet for a beer for each nine.  We split and bought a round for each anyway.

Better look out.  Your soul will be damned to perdition if you keep gambling and whoring around. :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

you sound foolish.

I know exactly what I'm saying. You are just another self-righteousness idiot swearing by the gods he NEVER did anything wrong. If you expect to convince me or any reasonable person that most men live their entire married lives without cheating once I will have to say you are full of shit. I've lived long enough to see that proven wrong time and time again.  Doesn't make men bad.  It's just a weakness that most men have.

Making a fool of yourself. I'd keep quiet if I were you....but I'm not, so, please continue.

• Administrator

Okay guys, as I said… :offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This is just pure ugliness.

I'll tell you what's bad for Golf, slow pace of play and ridiculous green fees. That's what bad for golf.

At the end of the day, Phil/Tiger/Bubba/DJ/Garcia/Jack/Arnie are/were just awesome golfers in my book. That's it! Not hereos or anything else, just mofos that can hit the snot out of a golf ball

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

He's an adult, and a rich and successful one, so let him have some fun. He can decide when/if he has gone too far. I don't think he's affecting children at this point.

Isn't the person doing the selling in example 1 (and example 2 if we're talking about a positive upside) being screwed over by selling their shares at an undervalue that you know about?

If you're selling shares knowing about a bad result in advance aren't you screwing the buyer who doesn't know about the pending bad result?

Some person or company always loses out if someone else profits

You're right, but usually one trade unless it's a majority shareholder isn't going to set off a series of trades that cause the business or others huge losses.  In the case of Phil, he was buying, not selling based on the insider information that Icahn was acquiring Clorox.  His buys may have caused the stock price to rise which might have triggered automatic sells prematurely.

In Stewarts case, she dumped a ton of stock before others could to minimize her losses.  Her selling all her stock likely caused the stock price to drop and trigger automatic buys at the lower price which caused the buyers and existing stock holders to lose a significant amount of money on a plunging stock.  Her actions accelerated the losses for everyone else.

Joe Paradiso

Phil isn't bad for golf......Phil is bad for all those self-righteous people out there that think everybody else should live the same way they do....

seriously folks.......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

dude shut the **** up!!!! your clearly a hater, take you and your kid and go fishing, in any tournament going for a high risk shot is gambling,get a life *****!!

Note: This thread is 3590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!