IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

2 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

There is a Persian restaurant up the street from us that I have had my eye on.  I love trying new foods, will have to take the wife there and check it out, maybe the kiddos too.

Persian food should be more "standard", so you can pretty much try anything.

Koobideh (lamb chicken or beef) are good.

images.jpg

ourstore81.jpg

They're famous for stews and "dipping sauces" with lots of lamb, beef, chicken or fish. . .

eb6782afa7d3454e1449bc621ebe15a3.jpg

2013-12-26-dish1.jpg

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Persian food should be more "standard", so you can pretty much try anything.

Koobideh (lamb chicken or beef) are good.

images.jpg

ourstore81.jpg

They're famous for stews and "dipping sauces" with lots of lamb, beef, chicken or fish. . .

eb6782afa7d3454e1449bc621ebe15a3.jpg

2013-12-26-dish1.jpg

Yum, I think those pictures just sold me.  What is the stew in the bottom picture?

7 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Yum, I think those pictures just sold me.  What is the stew in the bottom picture?

It's Gormeh Sabzi which is a lamb, spinach and red bean stew. There is a hint of "middle eastern" flavor in it, but the bulk of the flavor is from the main stew ingredients. It's usually served with a spiced or flavored rice, but also tastes great pinched in a small piece of  pita (or nan-e barbari).

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

It's Gormeh Sabzi which is a lamb, spinach and red bean stew. There is a hint of "middle eastern" flavor in it, but the bulk of the flavor is from the main stew ingredients. It's usually served with a spiced or flavored rice, but also tastes great pinched in a small piece of  pita (or nan-e barbari).

Yum, I was hoping you were going to say it is Lamb.  I am definitely trying that if they serve it.  Thanks again. 

3 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Yum, I was hoping you were going to say it is Lamb.  I am definitely trying that if they serve it.  Thanks again. 

I'm getting kind of hungry too. . .I'll probably go to a local Persian restaurant tomorrow for lunch. . .

So much for my diet plan. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

I'm getting kind of hungry too. . .I'll probably go to a local Persian restaurant tomorrow for lunch. . .

So much for my diet plan. :-P

I was at Publix getting some stuff to make chicken kabobs for dinner tonight (Mediterranean Monday got pushed to Wednesday) and ran into something else I have been hungry for again.  Roast leg of lamb, they had the Greenwise hormone, antibiotic free legs of lamb.  Made one for Easter and it came out very well.  It will be dinner Saturday or Sunday.  

Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb.  Mary had a little lamb whose leg was quite tasty.  I'll post pictures of it this weekend.  :D

1 hour ago, Gator Hazard said:

I was at Publix getting some stuff to make chicken kabobs for dinner tonight (Mediterranean Monday got pushed to Wednesday) and ran into something else I have been hungry for again.  Roast leg of lamb, they had the Greenwise hormone, antibiotic free legs of lamb.  Made one for Easter and it came out very well.  It will be dinner Saturday or Sunday.  

Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb.  Mary had a little lamb whose leg was quite tasty.  I'll post pictures of it this weekend.  :D

I look forward to that!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Some burger recipes. Tried a couple, very tasty.

http://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/best-ever-burger-recipes/7803.html

13144.jpg?tag=05799b5c-3666-43d6-82e9-eb

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Anyone here use Blue Apron? I've been using them a few weeks and the family here is loving it. We get the ingredients for 3 meals (2 servings but serves 3 typically) every Wednesday. The recipe cards are great and each meal takes about 30 mins for prep and cooking. 

I can pick from 6 meal options each week so it's easy to find 3 we like.  They're all fresh, locally grown ingredients- surprisingly good produce actually. I kinda expected stuff that was picked by some temp worker who didn't care, but all of the produce seems high quality so far. 

Anyway, you get only the ingredients u need. No extra. No waste. It's great!

i have several free meals to "give" to people who want to try. Just send me a pm. I can't recommend highly enough, and I have no vested interest in the company. I was thinking of trying alternatives like Hello Fresh, but I'm happy with Blue Apron thus far. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

@Lihuhere are a few pictures of Saturday night's meal as promised.

Made it with fresh herbs and garlic and cooked on the Weber charcoal grill with some apple wood chips.  Sides were roasted skillet red potatoes and Brussels sprouts.  I did the Brussels sprouts differently that night, blanched in salted water as usual, but then I finished them by heating up a little coconut oil, added fresh chopped garlic and just a bit of chopped red onion, let those brown, then added the Brussels sprouts, let those brown a bit and then spanked them with grated Parmesan cheese to finish.  They were different than the usual tasting Brussels sprouts but were quite tasty.  

The hoppy Magic Hat #9 paired nicely with the lamb. 

Loading in two posts due to size so here is prep:

5649e22a73b55_LambPrep1.thumb.jpg.f631ae5649e273bee78_LambPrep2.thumb.jpg.f8f920Beer.thumb.jpg.d4f4d979091e570a1430001e5

@Lihu here is the finished product:

Lamb.thumb.jpg.256d75c4eeaeacb341eaffcd25649e3b227f46_LambPlate.png.f121195b7b565649e3c5855cd_LambPlate2.png.2a155cf491b

6 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

@Lihuhere are a few pictures of Saturday night's meal as promised.

Made it with fresh herbs and garlic and cooked on the Weber charcoal grill with some apple wood chips.  Sides were roasted skillet red potatoes and Brussels sprouts.  I did the Brussels sprouts differently that night, blanched in salted water as usual, but then I finished them by heating up a little coconut oil, added fresh chopped garlic and just a bit of chopped red onion, let those brown, then added the Brussels sprouts, let those brown a bit and then spanked them with grated Parmesan cheese to finish.  They were different than the usual tasting Brussels sprouts but were quite tasty.  

The hoppy Magic Hat #9 paired nicely with the lamb. 

Loading in two posts due to size so here is prep:

5649e22a73b55_LambPrep1.thumb.jpg.f631ae5649e273bee78_LambPrep2.thumb.jpg.f8f920Beer.thumb.jpg.d4f4d979091e570a1430001e5

@Lihu here is the finished product:

Lamb.thumb.jpg.256d75c4eeaeacb341eaffcd25649e3b227f46_LambPlate.png.f121195b7b565649e3c5855cd_LambPlate2.png.2a155cf491b

Yummy!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Yummy!

Agreed. I've made a few meals with brussel sprouts lately, and I'm amazed at how good they taste if seasoned/cooked right. I remember hating brussel sprouts. Nice meal @Gator Hazard!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

58 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Anyone here use Blue Apron? I've been using them a few weeks and the family here is loving it. We get the ingredients for 3 meals (2 servings but serves 3 typically) every Wednesday. The recipe cards are great and each meal takes about 30 mins for prep and cooking. 

I can pick from 6 meal options each week so it's easy to find 3 we like.  They're all fresh, locally grown ingredients- surprisingly good produce actually. I kinda expected stuff that was picked by some temp worker who didn't care, but all of the produce seems high quality so far. 

Anyway, you get only the ingredients u need. No extra. No waste. It's great!

i have several free meals to "give" to people who want to try. Just send me a pm. I can't recommend highly enough, and I have no vested interest in the company. I was thinking of trying alternatives like Hello Fresh, but I'm happy with Blue Apron thus far. 

My family has tried it for a few meals and it's been good. I think it was some kind of discount deal so we tried it, but we decided not to order more.

We all cook though, my wife, my mother and myself, so produce management isn't too big of a deal in our house. It's not hard for me to just open up the fridge and see what we have left and make something out of it.

Overall, I thought it was a good service, just not for us.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Turkey soup in progress. Forgot to grab the carcass from my in-law's dinner, so there's only one bird in there this time. I'll just have to reduce it down more and make less broth than I'm used to making.

14488177211881959454752.jpg

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Finished product, turkey and dumplings soup, minus the actual turkey meat since that's our least favorite part of the soup.

Still have enough broth left for another pot of some other soup. One of my favorite Thanksgiving weekend traditions.

20151129_174245.jpg

Bill

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, billchao said:

Turkey soup in progress. Forgot to grab the carcass from my in-law's dinner, so there's only one bird in there this time. I'll just have to reduce it down more and make less broth than I'm used to making.

14488177211881959454752.jpg

My mother took the carcass home with her this year. So I will be paying her a visit to have some turkey soup for sure.

56 minutes ago, billchao said:

Finished product, turkey and dumplings soup, minus the actual turkey meat since that's our least favorite part of the soup.

Still have enough broth left for another pot of some other soup. One of my favorite Thanksgiving weekend traditions.

20151129_174245.jpg

Very nice!

My Swing