IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

BBQ Thai Tempeh Sandwich

image.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Lobster Press Panini 

Could use more lobster. 

Agreed. Great idea, poor execution!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On June 6, 2016 at 0:00 PM, Jeremie Boop said:

Good stuff, I believe I've had that someplace before. :beer:

I make birdsnests pasta similar to this. Just cooked pasta in salty water, make a few nests in the dish, crack an egg in it. Cover with a sauce that is butter, garlic, white wine vinegar and dabs of pesto sprinkled randomly. Add mozzarella, add grated parmesean cheese. Bake on top rack and it's ready when yolks are jiggly but not too jiggly. 

Making some red sauce. Thinking another two or three hours. 

image.jpeg

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

4 hours ago, jamo said:

Making some red sauce. Thinking another two or three hours. 

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

4 minutes ago, jamo said:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Yum. Rigatoni is my favorite. What's the recipe?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

1. Boil water.
  2. Add noodles.
  3. Remove when al dente.

:-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:
  1. Boil water.
  2. Add noodles.
  3. Remove when al dente.

:-D

Didn't even need to set a timer! Had to "test" for doneness. Frequently. :-D

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The sauce is from this recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/the-food-lab-use-the-oven-to-make-the-best-darned-italian-american-red-sauce-ever-recipe.html

In my bag:

1 hour ago, jamo said:

That website is great for tested cooking methods that might not be traditional. 

When they mention using the oven to make a red sauce. That reminded me of a cook's illustrated French Onion Soup recipe that used the oven to caramelize the onions. Its really simple to do. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 hours ago, jamo said:

Didn't even need to set a timer! Had to "test" for doneness. Frequently. :-D

The sauce is from this recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/the-food-lab-use-the-oven-to-make-the-best-darned-italian-american-red-sauce-ever-recipe.html

Interesting. Although, my red sauce is the bomb. My mom is all Italian. It was one of the first things she taught us how to cook when I was 9 or 10. If you use the right crushed or whole tomatoes and the right red wine, you don't need to worry about adding sweetness. Red peppers help too.

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

That website is great for tested cooking methods that might not be traditional. 

When they mention using the oven to make a red sauce. That reminded me of a cook's illustrated French Onion Soup recipe that used the oven to caramelize the onions. Its really simple to do. 

We make our chili in the oven in a dutch oven. Comes out great.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Interesting. Although, my red sauce is the bomb. My mom is all Italian. It was one of the first things she taught us how to cook when I was 9 or 10. If you use the right crushed or whole tomatoes and the right red wine, you don't need to worry about adding sweetness. Red peppers help too.

One of the things I love about this recipe is that lack of sweetness. You add an onion and a carrot but take them out at the end so the sauce doesn't get overly sweet. No wine either. Just loads and loads of tomato.

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The dutch oven is probably my favorite cooking item. Got it for like $40, Lodge brand. Awesome for browning, cleans up in two seconds.

In my bag:

53 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Yep, no sugar required if you use San Marzano tomatoes. I like to add two table spoons of high quality balsamic vinegar in the last twenty minutes. Adds a lot of depth to the sauce and it won't make it acidic if you use good quality stuff. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

32 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Yep, no sugar required if you use San Marzano tomatoes. I like to add two table spoons of high quality balsamic vinegar in the last twenty minutes. Adds a lot of depth to the sauce and it won't make it acidic if you use good quality stuff. 

That recipe I used called for a tablespoon of fish sauce. I like the balsamic vinegar idea too. 

In my bag:

Hmmm... Truffle cheesesteak. That's a weird combo. I wanted seafood paella but sold out, will have to wait till some other time  

image.jpeg

Steve

Turkish

image.jpeg

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Turkish

image.jpeg

Where are you that you have so many cuisines available? 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

That's Urban Spaces at New York's Greely Square (34th Street) basically a bunch of stalls and a sitting area - Bar food, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Columbian, Spanish, African, Italian, comfort food, crossover (truffle philly cheesesteak, sushi burrito, etc...

There are food festivals like this all the time, all around the city. Never a dull food moment and it's impossible to eat it all, but definitely worth a try. Some of it is overpriced and overrated and not worth queuing up for, but nonetheless, it's fun exploring, trying new concoctions.

Steve

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

NYC I think.

I had a Snickers ice cream bar today. At Oakmont.

Sorry, no pic. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets