IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Spanish - Had the paella. Yum. 

image.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That's Urban Spaces at New York's Greely Square (34th Street) basically a bunch of stalls and a sitting area - Bar food, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Columbian, Spanish, African, Italian, comfort food, crossover (truffle philly cheesesteak, sushi burrito, etc...

There are food festivals like this all the time, all around the city. Never a dull food moment and it's impossible to eat it all, but definitely worth a try. Some of it is overpriced and overrated and not worth queuing up for, but nonetheless, it's fun exploring, trying new concoctions.

Cool. I love to try different cuisines from around the world. That is the best part of international travel. However, I'm jealous of what's available to you. Even Boston doesn't have them in one area. NYC has that and more!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Cool. I love to try different cuisines from around the world. That is the best part of international travel. However, I'm jealous of what's available to you. Even Boston doesn't have them in one area. NYC has that and more!

But Boston does have the Summershack conveniently located next door to Bukowski's. 

:-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

To be honest they're not authentic authentic, more international with a yuppie food truck twist. Most of the authentic authentic food will be found in niches of certain neighborhoods. I had a "Japanese" sushi burrito, technically it's Japanese I guess, but more Japanese-Mexican? And by the way, sushi burrito, not all that great, especially when you go light on the fish.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

10 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

But Boston does have the Summershack conveniently located next door to Bukowski's. 

:-D

Yes! But unfortunately I don't live in the city. My brother lives in JP and he can get any world cuisine within 5 minutes of his house! 

6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

To be honest they're not authentic authentic, more international with a yuppie food truck twist. Most of the authentic authentic food will be found in niches of certain neighborhoods. I had a "Japanese" sushi burrito, technically it's Japanese I guess, but more Japanese-Mexican? And by the way, sushi burrito, not all that great, especially when you go light on the fish.

But is any food really authentic? All cuisines are influenced by each other. That is the cool aspect of food. Someone can take flavors from Vietnam, mixed with Brazilian fruits and African spices and make something awesome.

Scott

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Yes! But unfortunately I don't live in the city. My brother lives in JP and he can get any world cuisine within 5 minutes of his house! 

But is any food really authentic? All cuisines are influenced by each other. That is the cool aspect of food. Someone can take flavors from Vietnam, mixed with Brazilian fruits and African spices and make something awesome.

Very true. If I ever leave NY, the food will be one of things I'll miss the most. Definitely take it for granted the choices available. 

Steve

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

To be perfectly honest, they look a lot yummier than authentic. We get all kinds of authentic foods here in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, and I really enjoy authentic cuisine. However, your posts are making me want to go back to NYC for a week next month to try out all these street market foods. :drool:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

7 minutes ago, Lihu said:

To be perfectly honest, they look a lot yummier than authentic. We get all kinds of authentic foods here in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, and I really enjoy authentic cuisine. However, your posts are making me want to go back to NYC for a week next month to try out all these street market foods. :drool:

More pics to make you hungry. :-)

Kouign Amann, from the cronut creator. Imagine a croissant, sprinkled with sugar and twice as dense and sweet and buttery, compacted into half the size.  

image.jpeg

Seafood paella

image.jpeg

Steve

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

More pics to make you hungry. :-)

Kouign Amann, from the cronut creator. Imagine a croissant, sprinkled with sugar and twice as dense and sweet and buttery, compacted into half the size.  

image.jpeg

Seafood paella

image.jpeg

Okay, I'm coming back. :surrender::beer:

Where should I go for the best street food, and on what days?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Okay, I'm coming back. :surrender::beer:

Where should I go for the best street food, and on what days?

Now, before the beginning of summer is a good time, my posts above mentioned Urban Spaces and Smorgasburg. Answering this question is difficult, too many choices, it's like which Broadway play should I see (Hamilton, duh, but sold out forever, so still have to choose) just go on one of the foodie sites and read on. 

Steve

Good ole PB&J

image.jpeg

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Good ole PB&J

image.jpeg

I like jam and I love peanut butter, but I have never liked PB&J.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

45 minutes ago, billchao said:

So you're the one!  

Scott

My Swing Thread

50 minutes ago, billchao said:

This is for you, @billchao :-D

188202_goober.jpg

Steve

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

So you're the one!  

Yea I ate peanut butter sandwiches when I was a kid. Then somewhere in my early adulthood I discovered marshmallow fluff.

Now I eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Local wildflower honey, crunchy peanut butter, and whole grain bread. Three slices. It's a pretty good pre-round sandwich, plenty of energy for 18 holes and doesn't leave me hungry mid-round. PB&J is for my kids.

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This is for you, @billchao :-D

188202_goober.jpg

:yucky:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

8 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yea I ate peanut butter sandwiches when I was a kid. Then somewhere in my early adulthood I discovered marshmallow fluff.

Now I eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Local wildflower honey, crunchy peanut butter, and whole grain bread. Three slices. It's a pretty good pre-round sandwich, plenty of energy for 18 holes and doesn't leave me hungry mid-round. PB&J is for my kids.

I make PB & honey sandwiches too. Also put sliced bananas in them. Very tasty.

PB on sliced apples is awesome too.

Steve

4 hours ago, billchao said:

The fluffernutter is the state sandwich of Massachusetts. ?

Scott

My Swing Thread

18 hours ago, boogielicious said:

The fluffernutter is the state sandwich of Massachusetts. ?

Kind of like the Whoopie Pies in Maine? :-)

image.jpeg

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56