iacas

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

697 posts / 113844 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

As the book says, improve your long game. Now that I've improved my long game and distance over the last 2 years, and invested in fitted equipment - my short game is something less than desirable - inconsistent. I think the prescription is "get off the range and get on the course." The course teaches you everything about your weaknesses.

The positive aspect is the short game will improve with more play. As to the putter, I need a high MOI putter with heft. I've known for a long period of time when I play with people other than my sons, I am jittery with the putter and speed  control suffers. Invested in a PXG Gunboat - with 65g of counterweight and 400g head, it is 658 g of putter love. I also tested aim similar to what Edel does but with a low tech SeeMore Triangulator. I also attempted to increase the weight of the E-1 by installing the 21g weight and ordering a Big Dog 120g putter grip to quiet the hands. One will work. Good things coming.

Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas Im trying to find where to buy LSW ive followed links but the page doesnt exist anymore. Can i just go to the bookstore ? I would like to order it from you to get the achievement haha. I read through alot of posts and it sounds like if you play this game you should read this book. TST store isnt what i thought it was so im lost. Sorry to bother you but im not very good at this yet. This blog thing is still like hitting my 3 iron.

31 minutes ago, Strat-Pack said:

@iacas Im trying to find where to buy LSW ive followed links but the page doesnt exist anymore. Can i just go to the bookstore ? I would like to order it from you to get the achievement haha. I read through alot of posts and it sounds like if you play this game you should read this book. TST store isnt what i thought it was so im lost. Sorry to bother you but im not very good at this yet. This blog thing is still like hitting my 3 iron.

http://lowestscorewins.com

That's been there from the outset. I pack it up and ship it to you myself. :-)

17 hours ago, iacas said:

http://lowestscorewins.com

That's been there from the outset. I pack it up and ship it to you myself. :-)

Im on it !! Everyone is raving about it. Im gonna cook tonight for the little lady and nab the card, haha. I will order it tonight, Thanks for everything. Hit Em Good !!

1 hour ago, Strat-Pack said:

Im on it !! Everyone is raving about it. Im gonna cook tonight for the little lady and nab the card, haha. I will order it tonight, Thanks for everything. Hit Em Good !!

@iacas Regina loved dinner and i got the card !!!! I ordered LSW just this minute. Woohoo, cant wait !!! Thanks and Hit Em Good

32 minutes ago, Strat-Pack said:

@iacas Regina loved dinner and i got the card !!!! I ordered LSW just this minute. Woohoo, cant wait !!! Thanks and Hit Em Good

P.S.  You can sign it if you want. Just Sayin, haha !!

I ordered LSW last night and im pretty excited but i havent received a confirmation email or anything. Is that just how it is ? Thats fine i just want to know its coming. Should i order it again ? If someone has had the same thing happen and nothing is wrong, please ease my mind before i have 20 books coming in the mail.

3 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

I ordered LSW last night and im pretty excited but i havent received a confirmation email or anything. Is that just how it is ? Thats fine i just want to know its coming. Should i order it again ? If someone has had the same thing happen and nothing is wrong, please ease my mind before i have 20 books coming in the mail.

You're fine. Look in your PayPal account. (or "Regina's"?)

It'll ship tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

You're fine. Look in your PayPal account. (or "Regina's"?)

It'll ship tomorrow.

@iacas She controls the money or my house would look like Edwin Watts. Just the way it has to be, haha thanks Erik.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2014 at 10:33 AM, CarlSpackler said:

Thinking ahead a bit, what would be a good tool to make decision maps with?

I started going back through my copy of LSW today and was searching the site for ideas on tools for making decision maps.  Has anyone used google maps to chart our their home course or another method I'm not thinking of? 

Just now, Wanzo said:

I started going back through my copy of LSW today and was searching the site for ideas on tools for making decision maps.  Has anyone used google maps to chart our their home course or another method I'm not thinking of? 

Many years ago, I took google images of my home course in order to make a yardage map. I clipped each hole and rotated it so that it was vertical. It was a LOT of work, but it is doable with Photoshop or another graphical tool. Greenshot is a nice tool for capturing screen images.

3 hours ago, Wanzo said:

You can certainly do that, but I view Decision Maps as more things you build in your mind with each shot you face. Even something as simple as the quality of your lie can change your DM for that particular shot.

The only times I'll "make" a physical DM are when I am playing a new course in a practice round or something - if there's a particularly deep bunker, particularly bad rough, particularly GOOD places to be… etc. then I'll note them.

And… I gave you the LSW Award, @Wanzo.

thanks @iacas and @CarlSpackler, I might try making one for my home course (or maybe just the holes I tend to make poor decisions on, ha) but I was thinking it sounds like an awful lot of time to do it for every course I might play.  But creating one for each shot in your head as you play it makes more sense with all the variables involved.

1 minute ago, Wanzo said:

thanks @iacas and @CarlSpackler, I might try making one for my home course (or maybe just the holes I tend to make poor decisions on, ha) but I was thinking it sounds like an awful lot of time to do it for every course I might play.  But creating one for each shot in your head as you play it makes more sense with all the variables involved.

One thing you could do is take screenshot of the entire course and highlight the dead areas like OB, hazards, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

But creating one for each shot in your head as you play it makes more sense with all the variables involved.

After you develop your shot zone, you get a good feel for it on the course. I think the good thing is that it gets you thinking about an image of the shot. 

What do you guys think would be the right play on this hole at my home course off the tee?  Short par 4.  From tee to green, carry is probably 270ish to clear the water to the edge of the green poking out. I usually hit a hybrid and aim for the x and play a little draw away from the water, it leaves me about 130 to the hole, but if I crush it or pull it a bit, I go through the fairway and behind those 2 trees. Or if I push it, which I typically don't do, it brings water in to play.  I've driven the green in a scramble, but that's not really feasible for me playing my own ball because a little right or a little left is probably not going to carry far enough to be dry.  sucks to lay up much shorter.  guess this is probably one hole where I should actually chart out a decision map with multiple clubs.

Capture.JPG