IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

• Administrator

Discuss "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik here.

You can buy a copy here: https://lowestscorewins.com/buy/.

(Note: The authors will interact primarily on in-depth questions on the Members section of the official site.)LSW2-300x140.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Whoever gets the first copy better post on here so I can anticipate receiving my copy.:-D

• Administrator
The site is now live at http://lowestscorewins.com.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I just bought my copy. I've been a fan of Erik and Dave for almost 5 years now,

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• 2 weeks later...

The book is absolutely excellent. I learned a number of things that, looking back, should have been obvious but at the same time seemed counter-intuitive. One thing that I really like is using the shot zones combined with decision mapping. It makes a lot more sense than thinking to myself "I should aim here, but I know that I sometimes miss over there so maybe I shouldn't."

I know I'll be scheduling some time on a local simulator to get my shot zones figured out, since there isn't a Trackman or Flightscope nearby that I know of. It's better than trying to do it by hand since I know I'd be less accurate that way.

It was a great book, so great that I couldn't help but finish it the same day that I got it.

It is broke down into 3 main sections, 28 chapters, and 226 pages (not including a few bonus pages at the beginning with roman numerals at the bottom).

There is good information throughout the book that can help golfers of any skill level improve their scores.

I especially liked the practice plan and strategy sections of the book.

But really, Pedro Alverez?  That is the player you pick? haha.

Oh, and the first paragraph of the book reminds me of Robin Williams' stand-up routine about golf.

It's simple......This is a GREAT golf book! It's in depth, and gives detailed explainations for everything being said. Nothing in there is anecdotal! When they write about the swing they do so in a way that is much different than most. In most books the explainations of swings and pitches and chips are such that it's no more descriptive than just watching a swing on TV (which can be helpful). When Erik and Dave talk about these things they get in your head! They give you detailed descriptions from the standpoint of what YOU SHOULD FEEL not just what it should look like. That sort of insightfulness is what separates good teachers from great teachers! That is just a part of the book! The breakdowns of separation value as well as the shot zones will help your game today!!!

This is a very well written book that addresses the most important aspects of the game in a very tangible and solid manner.

Golf has so many aspects to it that it is really hard to put your finger on anything that would improve your game, this book seems to have outlined and organized the important factors that could potentially revolutionize golf training.

This book with a solid 5SK foundation has the potential to make good golfers out of all of us.

It touches on everything I have had any questions about improving my golf. I look forward to meeting my golfing goals this year, and will use as much of the information in this book as I can with my current 5SK training to achieve them. Maybe, I should even make more aggressive goals?

Thanks Erik and David.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think I have 2 words that describe the Lowest Score..............It's GREAT!!!! a must read for any golfer, I know that cliche, but in this case, it's True.

Finished it last night ... really good stuff!!  There is a bit of research involved in figuring shot zones, and even more research involved in figuring out how to properly scale them onto a map of each hole (if I were to try and be that anal about it) but the concepts were pretty awesome.

Really can't wait to get my "gift" copies out to the friends/relatives that REALLY need this stuff. :beer:

Just finished it. It is definitely recommended reading for any golfer. The book is full of insights and analysis, as well as strategies and plans that anyone can apply. The book is full of statistics and good references, which gives it weight, yet it is an easy read. I like the little bits of humor thrown in, as well; I find it helps keep the reader engaged and the authors relatable. The detail it goes into about GamePlan, I feel, is game changing. Even if a golfer does not want to embark on a long journey towards improvement, the information in the section will allow them to shoot lower scores today. There's too much in it for one post or review to do it justice. Read it, digest it, then read it again. I feel like I've just been taught the secret of golf.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just finished it. It is definitely recommended reading for any golfer. The book is full of insights and analysis, as well as strategies and plans that anyone can apply.

The book is full of statistics and good references, which gives it weight, yet it is an easy read. I like the little bits of humor thrown in, as well; I find it helps keep the reader engaged and the authors relatable.

The detail it goes into about GamePlan, I feel, is game changing. Even if a golfer does not want to embark on a long journey towards improvement, the information in the section will allow them to shoot lower scores today.

There's too much in it for one post or review to do it justice. Read it, digest it, then read it again. I feel like I've just been taught the secret of golf.

Wow.  Strong words.  I got mine yesterday and will give it a read this weekend.

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

Wow.  Strong words.  I got mine yesterday and will give it a read this weekend.

Yea, that's how strongly I feel about GamePlanning. I have to get out and map my Shot Zones and start making Decision Maps, but I'm convinced I'll shoot better scores just on that alone.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Section 1, Touched upon things I already learned from this forum, as well as introduced some new information as well. It was refreshing to read through that again. A great section that will debunk a lot of myths out there as well as give insight into the game of golf. I would classify this section as golf wisdom.

Section 2, I liked the approach of labeling different shots in the golf game by their scoring significance, and how to go about practicing. Breaking down each area of the golf game into a simple ranking system really illustrates to the golfer what should be practiced. It makes the statistics behind that area of the golf game very easy to understand.

Section 3 is where a revolution could begin in how the game is played. I like how it brings the golfers shot pattern into a simple visual way of laying out a game plan for golf. It is very intuitive, and simple to understand. I for one can't wait to be drawing up my decisions maps for the golf courses I play. This alone will save golfers strokes on the golf course, because it minimizes the big numbers.

This is truly a unique golf book that touches upon the whole game of golf. I for one will be rereading this book multiple times, and will be referencing it for as long as I play golf, or until Erik & Dave comes out with a better book! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

One thing has been bugging me for a couple of days now ... and that is the notion that the better the player, the closer their target is to the center of the shot zone.  Obviously, the better the player, the smaller the shot zone.  That's completely linear and not in question.  But I've been thinking about the relationship of shot zones, shot CONES, and shot centers, and it seems to me that once you get to a really** high level, the target should show up near either end of the shot zone.

Shouldn't guys like Zach Johnson or Kenny Perry, who both play a very reliable draw, have a tiny shot zone with the target all the way to the left edge of the oval?  Well, not all the way because there will be slight overdraws, but it seems that their goal would always keep all misses to one side of the target.

**I stress really high level, because short of the pros, I'd think that even really good players will miss their shot cones often enough.

One thing has been bugging me for a couple of days now ... and that is the notion that the better the player, the closer their target is to the center of the shot zone.  Obviously, the better the player, the smaller the shot zone.  That's completely linear and not in question.  But I've been thinking about the relationship of shot zones, shot CONES, and shot centers, and it seems to me that once you get to a really** high level, the target should show up near either end of the shot zone.

Shouldn't guys like Zach Johnson or Kenny Perry, who both play a very reliable draw, have a tiny shot zone with the target all the way to the left edge of the oval?  Well, not all the way because there will be slight overdraws, but it seems that their goal would always keep all misses to one side of the target.

**I stress really high level, because short of the pros, I'd think that even really good players will miss their shot cones often enough.

Well to me the oval is an approximation if the dispersion of a golfer's shot. So no, it shouldn't because the end result is taking into consideration the draw.

Lets say Zack hits 20 golf balls. Their end result, due to the fact they consistently draw, would provide an oval. Meaning, you are not trying to hit an oval with your shots, but the oval is a created due to your shots, and you must adjust your aim accordingly.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well to me the oval is an approximation if the dispersion of a golfer's shot. So no, it shouldn't because the end result is taking into consideration the draw.  Lets say Zack hits 20 golf balls. Their end result, due to the fact they consistently draw, would provide an oval. Meaning, you are not trying to hit an oval with your shots, but the oval is a created due to your shots, and you must adjust your aim accordingly.

True that the Cone could very well be bigger than the Zone, but still as I understand it, most shots are falling in the Cone (when he's on) and the target is the left edge of that Cone (for a righty drawer) so it seems like it shouldn't be centered in the Zone.