• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

This guy put a 60 degree wedge clubhead on a 3W shaft

15 posts in this topic

It's on a female mannequin so not sure if NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/4gFajnk.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The only thing not safe in that pic is the club.

I'd love to see a video of someone making a full swing with that club! The ball may never come down. :bugout:

I'd love to see a video of someone making a full swing with that club! The ball may never come down.

Lie angle's probably a bit off…

Lie angle's probably a bit off…

Lol, ya figure?

I'd challenge anyone to hit that well with a full swing, it would prob land behind you anyway!

Would such a 'homemade' club be legal?  Or must it be presented to USGA rules committee for a 'ruling'?

I'll need to look into the back of  the Rules Book and consider  the section on conforming clubs. i know drivers (15* or under) are regulated in various ways, ;putters too but am unsure of other clubs.  We know some guys load the putter head with lead tape or other weights so i guess that homemade remodeling is OK.

I wonder how far back in your stance the ball would need to be...

That's a horrific shank waiting to happen.

Guessing that one won't be going in the bag then...

Anyone seen this wedge (extra super flop wedge -Feel 73°) [url]http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2012/09/feel-golf-introduces-conformin.html[/url]

I like it. Also like the idea of a 73 deg wedge. I currently only have 13 clubs in the bag. Hmmmmmmmm.

The thing about a 74 degree wedge is that it seems to me like you'd lose just a little bit of versatility that I can still get in my 60* wedge. My 60* wedge has the back of the sole ground down so that the leading edge sits flatter with an open clubface, so a high shot isn't much of an issue, and I can also do more of a chip and run style shot without too much trouble. I can see where this would help players who can't consistently hit a shot with an open clubface, but it seems a pretty specific market to me since I would assume it would be quite difficult to hit this wedge in that chip and run style around the greens.

As for the wedge on a 3-wood shaft, I want to try that just for the sheer novelty. I expect it would take a bit of adjustment to get solid contact with it, but image the looks on the faces of your playing partners if you actually had it in your bag as a joke during a round. On the tee of a 130 yard par 3:

"What do you have in your hands, a 3-wood?"

"Nope, just my 60* wedge here. I've really gained some distance after my last lesson. Why, what're you hitting?"

"Uhhhhhhhhh..." *gulp* "Perhaps we ought to call off that bet we made earlier."