boogielicious

My Swing (boogielicious)

325 posts / 41159 viewsLast Reply

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

From A7 on? I hadn't noticed that. Could it be from hitting into a net and not needing to see where the ball went?

I still look. Need to see where my start lines are.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

From A7 on? I hadn't noticed that. Could it be from hitting into a net and not needing to see where the ball went?

Maybe. But it stalls out your pivot a little.

45 minutes ago, iacas said:

Maybe. But it stalls out your pivot a little.

OK, thanks. I will work on that with my priority piece.

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

OK, thanks. I will work on that with my priority piece.

Right, I know you're on evolvr and I haven't looked at your last video, so I'm not suggesting it's the next priority, but if you can do some of that while focusing mostly on your current piece, it should help.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Right, I know you're on evolvr and I haven't looked at your last video, so I'm not suggesting it's the next priority, but if you can do some of that while focusing mostly on your current piece, it should help.

Thanks. I worked on it a bit yesterday with my piece. 

Question regarding set up position with driver.  Do you think it's too far back in the stance? Your load seems to be (your) left center in terms of stance and the axis tilt is more straight up and down. So there isn't a lot of room to extend and hit up on ball unless you rotate faster. If you put the ball another 2in further towards left foot, it'll give you more room.

Another note, on the full swing, looks like you start that slide before you've finished the back swing, which will make it harder to get that rotation, but your last video with the 3/4 PW looked better.

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

Question regarding set up position with driver.  Do you think it's too far back in the stance? Your load seems to be (your) left center in terms of stance and the axis tilt is more straight up and down. So there isn't a lot of room to extend and hit up on ball unless you rotate faster. If you put the ball another 2in further towards left foot, it'll give you more room.

Another note, on the full swing, looks like you start that slide before you've finished the back swing, which will make it harder to get that rotation, but your last video with the 3/4 PW looked better.

Thanks for the comments/questions. This is kind of what we are working on. My axis tilt, head position, was off (too far forward and not enough secondary axis tilt). It is getting better. It may have been due to my left knee issues in the last couple of years or left over front S&T I did years ago. I set my ball position at my left heel with the driver and two balls from the left for the 7 iron.

For the second item, I will have to look at it again. I was working with the "hips to target" at A8 feel in that set of swings, so maybe I was moving early.

Driver work yesterday. Had trouble with the Mirror Vision app for the first time, which was a little frustrating. But it was a good session. I only did a few full speed swings and recorded those. Focused on set up and feeling my right arm straighter in the backswing, then extending through impact with hips to target.

DTL was unfortunately recorded at regular speed.

Pitching and chipping work yesterday with my 58 LW. I sent these two videos into Evolvr. For pitching, I go with the feel of cupping the left wrist on the backswing and keeping my hands from moving back too much (keeping them low). There is a little float loading feel. Then I let the pivot drive the shot. I've found really focusing on the ball through impact gets better results. I also keep the right elbow in a pitch elbow feel.

Below the ball is at my left heel but looks further back because of the camera angle.

For Chipping, similar back swing feel but more arm movement. I also use a little palmar flexion on the downswing similar to my full swing and pitch elbow feel. Ball is a little farther back at my left heel. If I want lower launch, I can move it back a little, but generally just use a lower lofted club.

I'm also really trying not to tear up the grass back there!

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

Chip off your mat?

I'm only 7 feet from the net. The ball flies up, rides up the net, bounces off the garage door, bounces off the driveway, comes right back at me!!:-P

I can only do short chips into the net. For this video, I wanted real grass to show my instructor.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I'm only 7 feet from the net. The ball flies up, rides up the net, bounces off the garage door, bounces off the driveway, comes right back at me!!:-P

Automatic ball return! I fail to see the problem 😀

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I'm also really trying not to tear up the grass back there!

Sod is relatively cheap! But resodding is a pain.

On 7/19/2014 at 6:36 AM, boogielicious said:

I processed this post using my decoder ring I got in my Ovaltine and it read back, "Eat More Ovaltine".

:-D

Very nice and consistent work in here! I enjoy reading through this swing thread.

Today’s work. Focused on centered hip turn and transition feel, then extending through contact with hips to target at A8-9.