IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

I've tried hitting foam balls in condo exercise rooms like that. It kinda works. You have to have the room to yourself and you'll spend time looking for balls. And security might come, thinking you're hitting real golf balls, ha ha. I think having a video camera makes it much more worthwhile, I didn't do that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice looking practice work, Scott! Can you get a net in there, or is that frowned upon? Too bad it's not your own place, then you could just hang a big net from the ceiling.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Nice looking practice work, Scott! Can you get a net in there, or is that frowned upon? Too bad it's not your own place, then you could just hang a big net from the ceiling.

I kind of have the place to myself when I go in.  I may try to set up some kind of net and use practice balls (foam type).

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 5 months later...

Below are a couple of drills I am working on with my Evolvr instructor.  On the down the line drill, focus is getting my hands deeper on the takeaway and getting a flatter shaft at A5.  Stephan had me add more knee bend and get my hands closer at set up.  I did five sets of this drill.  After each, I watched the film to see if I needed to adjust, which I did.  The last two sets looked like this one.  I am exaggerating the feel for the shaft flattening.

I still have an issue when I speed things up.  I revert back a bit to the shaft steepening a bit.

The drill below is essentially the same, but the focus is on my hips rotating more toward target at A8-9.  It is a work in progress, but I am getting closer.

This is my work gym, which I have to myself at this time.  I am hitting foam balls into a pup soccer net.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Nice setup for practice, Scott!

Swings looking pretty good, too.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Nice setup for practice, Scott!

Swings looking pretty good, too.

Thanks.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Good work, @boogielicious . I like the setup.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Good work, @boogielicious. I like the setup.

Thanks.  I wish I could hit real balls.  Foam balls feel weird, but it is better than nothing.  The other cool thing about this room is there are mirrors on two walls.  I have one in front of me and one to my right.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Thanks.  I wish I could hit real balls.  Foam balls feel weird, but it is better than nothing.  The other cool thing about this room is there are mirrors on two walls.  I have one in front of me and one to my right.

Can you get a real net in there, or is that frowned upon?

Bill

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Can you get a real net in there, or is that frowned upon?

Mostly likely.  The wall I am facing is all mirrors.  I think it would be a bad idea. :-O

I only use this in the winter and to do mirror drill the rest of the year.  I will go outside once the frozen tundra thaws.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Below are a couple of drills I am working on with my Evolvr instructor.  On the down the line drill, focus is getting my hands deeper on the takeaway and getting a flatter shaft at A5.  Stephan had me add more knee bend and get my hands closer at set up.  I did five sets of this drill.  After each, I watched the film to see if I needed to adjust, which I did.  The last two sets looked like this one.  I am exaggerating the feel for the shaft flattening. I still have an issue when I speed things up.  I revert back a bit to the shaft steepening a bit. The drill below is essentially the same, but the focus is on my hips rotating more toward target at A8-9.  It is a work in progress, but I am getting closer. This is my work gym, which I have to myself at this time.  I am hitting foam balls into a pup soccer net.

Really good practice routine @boogielicious I like it so much that I'm going to try it at the range later!

Matt

Got outdoors yesterday.  Below is the drill I continue to work on.  I still struggle to get the shaft flatter at A5.

Scott

My Swing Thread

New drill from my last Evolvr lesson.  Trying to get my elbows closer together at A6 and just pivot through the hitting zone.  The full swing is at 3/4 speed.  The right arm is better, but not all the way there.

DTL view.  The shaft at A5 is a bit better too, but not quite where we want it.  That is taking a long time to change the picture.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Practicing the finesse wedge technique from Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards and In by James Sieckmann. This is which my 52 degree gap wedge.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Practicing the finesse wedge technique from Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards and In by James Sieckmann.  This is which my 52 degree gap wedge.

Looking good, even though you're letting the clubhead pass your hands instead of holding ;-)

Your pitch swing is really smooth and fluid. I like it. I need to make mine less "forced". BTW, nice belt. B-)

Bill

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Practicing the finesse wedge technique from Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards and In by James Sieckmann.  This is which my 52 degree gap wedge.

Looking good, even though you're letting the clubhead pass your hands instead of holding

Your pitch swing is really smooth and fluid. I like it. I need to make mine less "forced". BTW, nice belt.

Thanks.  I needed a little more "dealing cards" in the backswing.  I kept going after filming this and tried different clubs.  It goes really far with little effort.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Thanks.  I needed a little more "dealing cards" in the backswing.  I kept going after filming this and tried different clubs.  It goes really far with little effort.

Greenish grass in Boston already!!! Good for y'all..

BTW firmer wrist to hold off club head from passing your hands BUT softer arm elbow and above especially. I get into pinching my arms against the upper rib cage too much sometime to stay firm. Great hinge and rotation through impact.

Vishal S.

Greenish grass in Boston already!!! Good for y'all.. BTW firmer wrist to hold off club head from passing your hands BUT softer arm elbow and above especially. I get into pinching my arms against the upper rib cage too much sometime to stay firm. Great hinge and rotation through impact.

Why do you guys want the club head not to pass hands? I usually practice letting the club head pass hands with my pitch shots..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad