Jump to content
NatalieB

My Swing (NatalieB)

247 posts / 36898 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Wow, that's great!

I'm curious, can you give us a breakdown of her carry yardages?  I just don't have any reference for someone that skilled at that age...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I'm curious, can you give us a breakdown of her carry yardages?  I just don't have any reference for someone that skilled at that age...

She's much shorter than most girls her age, too, and even among girls her age the carry yardage varies. She's longer than some girls older than her, and shorter than some younger girls.

Her 7-iron goes about 125 right now, give or take 10 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

She's much shorter than most girls her age, too, and even among girls her age the carry yardage varies. She's longer than some girls older than her, and shorter than some younger girls.

Her 7-iron goes about 125 right now, give or take 10 yards.

She's 14, right?  Amazing.  THAT,  I'd watch! ;-) 

What yardage do they play from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

She's 14, right?  Amazing.  THAT,  I'd watch! ;-) 

What yardage do they play from. 

Her 79 today was from 5200 yards. Par 72, 71.2/123.

The 84 last week when she won outright was 5500 yards, par 73, 73.6/134.

She shot 80 at Harbor Ridge and lost in a scorecard playoff last week, too… 68.6/114.

Differentials were… 6.9, 8.4, and 10.8. She shot 79 at a 5300 yard 72.9/124. That would have been a 5.3 differential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shake off the loss, @NatalieB. This isn't the day you lost in a playoff. This is the day you first broke 80 in competition! A special day in a golfer's journey if there ever was one. You'll get 'em next time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Her 79 today was from 5200 yards. Par 72, 71.2/123.

The 84 last week when she won outright was 5500 yards, par 73, 73.6/134.

She shot 80 at Harbor Ridge and lost in a scorecard playoff last week, too… 68.6/114.

Differentials were… 6.9, 8.4, and 10.8. She shot 79 at a 5300 yard 72.9/124. That would have been a 5.3 differential.

Wow.  Just wow...  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's been a bit of a weird (good) run here for about ten days now.

Just for perspective, how big is she physically?  She looks fairly small...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Just for perspective, how big is she physically?  She looks fairly small...

80 pounds, 4'9.5". Should wind up 5'4"-5'6".

Remember, the length of the clubs affects things too. I can't hit her 7-iron over about 150-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

80 pounds, 4'9.5". Should wind up 5'4"-5'6".

Ha....4' 9"....and a half!  

That's too cool...!

:beer:

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

 

Remember, the length of the clubs affects things too. I can't hit her 7-iron over about 150-ish.

Hell, I hit a little 7-iron 135 on Sunday....

...and my left leg weighs 80 lbs.

:-) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...