IGNORED

Driver swing

Note: This thread is 3552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Disclaimer: I have no idea whether this is true or not, but ...

For that matter, someone already may have uploaded this video on TST.  But I couldn't find it on my cursory search.

I ran across this YouTube video today.  It is an interesting discussion on why many are suffering from inconsistent driver swing.  This may explain why sometimes my driver swing goes south.

I have to try this on the range today...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, pretty sure I've seen that video on here somewhere. I really like it and think it makes pretty good sense. I also think you can address the ball with the driver head right behind the ball once you understand what happens if you do it wrong. Plus the guy added some good tunes in the background!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Did you get to try this?  How did it work out?

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Yes, I did try that out.  A little awkward at first, but I got the hang of it after a few shots.

Surprisingly, it worked!

Now I need to take to the course this weekend.

We'll see how that goes.

Don

Saw that vid a few months ago, and tried it, to bad my swing path, ect was so messed up, I couldn't make it work for me. Funny, cause I'm headed to the range in a few mins. to work on my swing path, ect.

Low worm burners with my driver are really starting to upset me. I know the cause, it's fixing that cause that's hard for me.... :~(

Thanks for the post. He touches on a good point of how the ball is addressed. Myself being a higher handicap have always played the ball in regards of how much I wanted out of the drive. If it was a wide open fairway and a long par 5 I would nearly put the ball on the edge of my big toe on my left foot. If it was a tight fairway I would bring it inside my heel. Keeping it in the same exact spot would probably help with the inconsistancies or pushing them out to the right.

Its not the dreams in the recesses of you mind, its the approach and how you go at it Roddy

Thanks for the post. He touches on a good point of how the ball is addressed. Myself being a higher handicap have always played the ball in regards of how much I wanted out of the drive. If it was a wide open fairway and a long par 5 I would nearly put the ball on the edge of my big toe on my left foot. If it was a tight fairway I would bring it inside my heel. Keeping it in the same exact spot would probably help with the inconsistancies or pushing them out to the right.

I think that was the biggest help for me as well and the fact that you need to avoid moving your upper body side-to-side BEFORE impact.

Don

I tried this at the range this morning and it seemed to work. I never really had a problem with addressing the ball with the club right behind the ball. Either wayI can still hit it pretty straight. But I do see where it could help.

The gist of the video is that you play the ball forward and make sure the shoulders aren't open at address. You can have square or slightly closed shoulders without having to play the driver so far behind the ball.

I posted this yesterday, difference between a driver and stock iron set-up. For the driver, ball further forward (just in front of the left shoulder), hips slightly forward, creates more 2nd axis tilt.

I think that was the biggest help for me as well and the fact that you need to avoid moving your upper body side-to-side BEFORE impact.

I guess you haven't seen many Key #1 videos ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The gist of the video is that you play the ball forward and make sure the shoulders aren't open at address. You can have square or slightly closed shoulders without having to play the driver so far behind the ball.

I posted this yesterday, difference between a driver and stock iron set-up. For the driver, ball further forward (just in front of the left shoulder), hips slightly forward, creates more 2nd axis tilt.

I guess you haven't seen many Key #1 videos

Thanks for the link and the reminder, Mike.

I have seen Key #1 and have been told many times over the years to keep head steady.

What I didn't realize was the principal behind keeping head steady--i.e., swing plane bottoming out.

Don

Thanks for the link and the reminder, Mike.

I have seen Key #1 and have been told many times over the years to keep head steady.

What I didn't realize was the principal behind keeping head steady--i.e., swing plane bottoming out.

Yeah the more the head/upper center moves to and fro, the more "chaotic" low point control becomes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!