IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. Not a Niners fan by any means but who doesn't like seeing the Cowboys get dismantled?

Speaking of the Niners, though, why does it seem like Jim Harbaugh is making a complete ass of himself every time the camera focuses on him?

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love it. Not a Niners fan by any means but who doesn't like seeing the Cowboys get dismantled? Speaking of the Niners, though, why does it seem like Jim Harbaugh is making a complete ass of himself every time the camera focuses on him?

You clearly don't know Jim Harbaugh. The refs are ass. In other news, the ****ing penalties in this game are ridiculous. An assload of "illegal hands".

Riley

You clearly don't know Jim Harbaugh. The refs are ass.

In other news, the ****ing penalties in this game are ridiculous. An assload of "illegal hands".

I wasn't just talking about this game

-Rich

In other news, the ****ing penalties in this game are ridiculous. An assload of "illegal hands".

I hate the subjectivity of those calls. They could call it on every play if they are in the mood. I don't particularly like no defense games where the last team to have the ball with less than 2 minutes to go wins and there's more of that with each new rule enforcement. #Tacklebasketball

They're trying to make it impossible to defend the pass. Brown pushed off on every single catch with no call, but if a DB touches a guy, the flag comes out. Speaking of which, he needs to be suspended for kicking a guy in the face. What a "low life scumbag". (lol)
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Sooo...Who has "Allen Hurns" on their fantasy team. LOL.

Me :) Didn't play him though....

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Point of emphasis is the worst thing to tell an official. Why don't you focus on this so that's all we will call the for next 16 games then turn around and say there's too much this and we have to focus on that so we can call it all next year. How about focusing on being a better official, not the guy who is too worried looking for certain contact he throws a flag when a player gets sneezed on.

• Administrator

Speaking of which, he needs to be suspended for kicking a guy in the face. What a "low life scumbag". (lol)

Good thing you're joking. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good thing you're joking. :)

About the low life scumbag...of course. :-D I couldn't help myself after the Choi thing.

It's a violent sport, and sometimes people do stupid things in the heat of the moment. But even my cube-neighbor (Steelers fan) agrees that it was no doubt intentional and he deserves (and most likely will receive) at least a hefty fine.

Ryan M

• Administrator

It's a violent sport, and sometimes people do stupid things in the heat of the moment. But even my cube-neighbor (Steelers fan) agrees that it was no doubt intentional and he deserves (and most likely will receive) at least a hefty fine.

I don't think it was intentional. I think he thought he was going to hurdle the guy, and the guy didn't go down that low, so mid-air, and with less than a second, what type of adjustment can you make? Sometimes that happens.

We sometimes clobber each other with an elbow in rec soccer. It happens. Nobody's trying to shove a forearm in someone's face (that I know of). It's a fast-moving sport.

He'll probably get a fine, though. But I don't think he thought "I'm gonna kick this guy in the face." He'd have to make that choice over, you know, trying to AVOID the only guy between him and the end zone? That makes no sense.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't think it was intentional. I think he thought he was going to hurdle the guy, and the guy didn't go down that low, so mid-air, and with less than a second, what type of adjustment can you make? Sometimes that happens. We sometimes clobber each other with an elbow in rec soccer. It happens. Nobody's trying to shove a forearm in someone's face (that I know of). It's a fast-moving sport. He'll probably get a fine, though. But I don't think he thought "I'm gonna kick this guy in the face." He'd have to make that choice over, you know, trying to AVOID the only guy between him and the end zone? That makes no sense.

I thought he deserved a medal.

Riley

But I don't think he thought "I'm gonna kick this guy in the face." He'd have to make that choice over, you know, trying to AVOID the only guy between him and the end zone? That makes no sense.

That's what confused me...why try and hurdle a punter...he could have half juked and been in the end zone.

Look at how his foot, in a kicking motion, nails him square in the face. I've hurdled before...it doesn't look like this. lol

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/09/07/2aab73893abf2b455cb873f884a66047.gif?1410113516

For the record...I still thought it was hilarious.

Ryan M

• Administrator

That's what confused me...why try and hurdle a punter...he could have half juked and been in the end zone.

Look at how his foot, in a kicking motion, nails him square in the face. I've hurdled before...it doesn't look like this. lol

I have no idea why he didn't just run to the left. They said that on TV too.

As for his form… Lolo Jones disagrees. :)

I have no idea why he didn't just run to the left. They said that on TV too. As for his form… Lolo Jones disagrees. :) [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/105512/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/105513/] [/URL]

He kicked a punter. Does anyone even care? Lol. [quote name="Infamous 273" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/160_40#post_1051944"]I didnt even know Troy P. was still playing until I googled most overrated players of all time: [URL]http://cover32.com/2014/07/24/ten-most-overrated-players-in-the-nfl/5/[/URL] Hahaha, just trying to ruffle some feathers of the Pittsburgh faithful. I remember getting burned a few years back for suggesting he was the most overrated player in the league. Lock of the week IMO has to be Dallas +3.5 at home. SF has too many issues defensively - suspended, injured, or otherwise. Minnesota +3.5 at SL looks tempting too.[/quote] You would have lost :-P

Riley

Note: This thread is 3297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!