IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sure it was a dumb call but the Seahawks only got that close after that ridiculous miracle catch. It was a great game with a lot of twists and turns. Well done Patriots! Anyone here think that most of the commercials were bad. I mean, "Cats in the cradle " song is about bad fathering and we see a good father's actions. Made no sense. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here think that most of the commercials were bad. I mean, "Cats in the cradle " song is about bad fathering and we see a good father's actions. Made no sense.

That's to be expected. "Superstition" is supposed to be about how superstitions are dumb. Not the way they use it on commercials.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's to be expected. "Superstition" is supposed to be about how superstitions are dumb. Not the way they use it on commercials.

That's odd, I didn't say that.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Tom Brady 74.5% completion percentage, most completions in a superbowl game, 4 passing TD's.

I am sure the NFL controlled the footballs the whole game to make sure they were legit. They would never jeopardize the Superbowl.

Maybe Brady should request over-inflated footballs, he gained nearly 10% on his career completion percentage with at least 2 psi more air pressure.

Because sometimes when you have a very smart offensive coordinator they try to get too tricky in those situations thinking they can out think the other team. When in the end you should just let your players dominate the game. You got Lynch and 3 more tries to get the ball into the end zone. Ride the horse that got you there.

Still, that is a crazy ending. Its Green Bay Packer's catch all over again with the ball that bounces off the players body and doesn't hit the ground type of catch.

Brady is just sitting there thinking, "Not again".

Finally, finally the NEP Defense steps up in a big time moment.

What a great ending to a great game.

I agree it was a great ending. I have to say it took some balls not to call a time out to save time on the clock by Belichick. Obviously he had faith in his defense.

When you want to get tricky at the 1 yard line, you hand the ball off to the FB. Even if you were dead set on a passing play, you'd go play-action, because everybody in the building is expecting Lynch to run it.

But really, when you have the best RB in the game and the Superbowl is on the line, you give him the ball.

I understand why everybody is saying that it's a horrible call and that the Seahawks blew that game ... but I disagree, and I think I have a fairly logical reason as to why.

There were 20 seconds left after the interception and they had one timeout left.  I think it's pretty safe to say that everybody in the world would agree that they'd at least want to maximize your opportunities in that situation, right?  Which means, they'd give themselves 3.  Well, to give themselves 3 opportunities, two things would be required:  You call your timeout after one of them AND the other one has to be a pass of some kind.  So if you do run on second down, then everybody knows that you pretty much HAVE to pass on third, otherwise there won't be a fourth.  So, does it make more sense to pass when you think they aren't expecting it, or when you think they are?  Maybe there are multiple answers to that question, but I certainly don't think it's cut and dried.

Further, it's not like they went at Revis or anything.  They threw a quick slant against a rookie who'd never had an interception in his life.  It just so happened that he made an OUTSTANDING play.

I will, however, concede that in retrospect, a play-action pass does make sense.  (Of course, I've had over two hours to think about it while they had about 8 seconds, soo ...) :beer:

Carol didn't throw the ball. Wilson did. The entire world was expecting a run and that's why Carol went with the pass. Wilson forced it and lost. If it worked Carol is a genius.

Wow what a horrible play call. That Seahawks OC needs to be strung up by his ankles and bambood to death. I think Pats fans know deep inside they got away with one. Still an asterick due to the inflate gate and all the past cheating scandals. They are the most hated team in America for a reason. But at the end of the day the pats didnt win but Seattle handed it to them.

Wow what a horrible play call. That Seahawks OC needs to be strung up by his ankles and bambood to death. I think Pats fans know deep inside they got away with one. Still an asterick due to the inflate gate and all the past cheating scandals. They are the most hated team in America for a reason. But at the end of the day the pats didnt win but Seattle handed it to them.

Like the Green Bay game? Did the Hawks win that game or was it given to them? What about PED's in Seattle? Is there an asterisk for the Hawks? Look, Seattle lost to the better team. They were out played and out coached.

This is my last post in this thread since the season is over, but all sides need to give up on the whole *luck* thing.

To be ^lucky^, you need to be in the game - none of these plays are ever mentioned again if the score is 49-0.

The asterisks for cheating are a whole other subject. :dance:

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

This is my last post in this thread since the season is over, but all sides need to give up on the whole *luck* thing.

To be ^lucky^, you need to be in the game - none of these plays are ever mentioned again if the score is 49-0.

The asterisks for cheating are a whole other subject.

Are you mad bro?

No astericks required.

I will, however, concede that in retrospect, a play-action pass does make sense.  (Of course, I've had over two hours to think about it while they had about 8 seconds, soo ...)

The problem with play action is that it takes time to let routes develop. You really can't run certain routes with that short of a field. What a play action does is freeze the Linebackers and Safeties. With a short field you there is no room to work in the middle. Down in the endzone with a lot of less room, sometimes speed matters more when you want to run certain routes.

I can see the issue, you run the ball. The refs can take a while to get the players off the RB and get the ball. Now you are struggling to get set up for a 3rd down play. Your players might not be set. If you throw it on 2nd down then you can save your TO for 3rd down and have a 4th go at it. In that regard Do Not Waste 15 seconds of the play clock running that 2nd down play. They let the clock run down a bit there. I think if they went hurry up, and ran Lynch they could have gotten a third down play in and conserved the time out.

Yea I think it was a good call. Quick slant to a WR who had a career night versus a rookie DB, yea give me that match up all night. Especially when the WR is a BIG guy for a WR. If he was a step faster then he could have used his body to block out the DB and maybe get a Pass Interference call.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

With all due respect to Tom Brady who did what he does picking apart the best defensive team today with 10 pts down in 4th qtr, Edelman was my MVP. Played with unbelievable heart even after the possible concussion. Won almost all of his match ups. Made the biggest difference from early on.

Vishal S.

This comment has remnants of the fight that broke out in the end. Everybody loses at some point. Some people can never lose with grace.

Vishal S.

This comment has remnants of the fight that broke out in the end. Everybody loses at some point. Some people can never lose with grace.

Seattle totally lost some respect there for me. They totally started that BS at the end of the game there.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

With all due respect to Tom Brady who did what he does picking apart the best defensive team today with 10 pts down in 4th qtr, Edelman was my MVP. Played with unbelievable heart even after the possible concussion. Won almost all of his match ups. Made the biggest difference from early on.

Man you got that right. Edelman has that extra gear that you can't build or teach. It's called heart that dude is as tough as they come. Besides the possible concussion I am pretty sure he has a serious hip injury that labored through with. He picked up where Wes Welker left off and I think he maybe a little bit better if that is possible.

The whole team rose up to the occasion. Besides TB 2 interceptions  I can't think of a mistake made by anybody. Also KUDOS to the referees for letting them play. Maybe the best SB game ever.

BTW I don't hold anything against the Seahawks for that dustup at the end of the game. I can only imagine how how intense and worked up both teams were at that time. As cooler heads prevailed in later  interviews  both teams acknowledged the other teams greatness. No BS from the Seahawks about getting cheated or stupid asterisk needed explanations like others sore heads seem to have to rely on.

Little bit embarrassed for Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. Alternative ending with similar end: Lynch rushes and scoree the touch down on 2nd or 3rd down and then Brady comes up with a hail-mary throw touch down with 3 seconds to spare and wins 35-31. Would have been a better ending IMO. Atleast the Hawks would go home with head held high. Of course we would then not have the drama we witnessed.

P.S. Absolutely not embarrassed for Richard Sherman though. :-D

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!