IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We're in the same boat, buddy. Although we haven't won more than we've lost in 7 years. Hoping this year we can win as much as we lose lol

At the deli up the street, they have a sandwich called The Dalton Burger (replaced the Palmerwich). I told the owner that he should post a Choking Hazard sign on it after last year's 1 and out playoff loss. He did. I just looked for the pic on my phone and couldn't find it.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the deli up the street, they have a sandwich called The Dalton Burger (replaced the Palmerwich). I told the owner that he should post a Choking Hazard sign on it after last year's 1 and out playoff loss. He did. I just looked for the pic on my phone and couldn't find it.

lol

I just looked at the stats, and as bad as Manziel played yesterday, his QB Rating was still 25.3 pts higher than Dalton's in the last game against the Browns.

One was a rookie in his first start, and the other has a $100,000,000 contract. Woof...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

We're in the same boat, buddy. Although we haven't won more than we've lost in 7 years. Hoping this year we can win as much as we lose lol

It's only been a recent development that Cincinnati has had consecutive winning records. The last few years have seen a steady increase in wins over losses. I'm hoping, mostly in vain I'm sure, that this will continue. In reality I expect them to slip back again. Typically they'll lose their good players and have to rebuild. This tends to throw them back to the losing seasons.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

It's only been a recent development that Cincinnati has been having consecutive winning records. The last few years have seen a steady increase in wins over losses. I'm hoping, mostly in vain I'm sure, that this will continue. In reality I expect them to slip back again. Typically they'll lose their good players and have to rebuild. This tends to throw them back to the losing seasons.

I'd much rather see you guys win in the playoffs than the Steelers or Ravens.

With that said, I'll be rooting for Denver to win it all, so Peyton can retire and I don't have to see his forehead everywhere.

Ryan M

They will still screw it up. Next week is MNF against Denver. Nuff said?

That about covers it.

If they win, I'll admit I was wrong about them in Nationally Televised games...

But for some reason, I'm not concerned about that...

Oh, come on ... you could hardly say that a loss to one of the three or four best teams in the NFL would qualify towards them "choking in nationally televised games."

That doesn't mean that it couldn't end up that way depending on the circumstances, but let's face it, a loss to the Broncos isn't automatically bad like a loss to, let's say, the Browns. :-P

Oh, come on ... you could hardly say that a loss to one of the three or four best teams in the NFL would qualify towards them "choking in nationally televised games."

That doesn't mean that it couldn't end up that way depending on the circumstances, but let's face it, a loss to the Broncos isn't automatically bad like a loss to, let's say, the Browns.

I'll go as far as this...if they even make it a respectable game, to where they still have a LEGIT chance to win late in the 4th quarter, I'll give them credit.

Ryan M

I'd much rather see you guys win in the playoffs than the Steelers or Ravens. With that said, I'll be rooting for Denver to win it all, so Peyton can retire and I don't have to see his forehead everywhere.

I'm not holding my breath. They need to spend the next week practicing at night. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/76052/are-you-ready-for-some-nfl-football-2014-edition/630#post_1085523"] Oh, come on ... you could hardly say that a loss to one of the three or four best teams in the NFL would qualify towards them "choking in nationally televised games." That doesn't mean that it couldn't end up that way depending on the circumstances, but let's face it, a loss to the Broncos isn't automatically bad like a loss to, let's say, the Browns. :-P [/quote] The loss to the Browns was a night game. The big problem is that Coach Lewis is too nice. He needs to give the kill command like other coaches. They will never go far playing clean football.

- Shane

This is awesome: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/15/7394705/andrew-luck-trash-talk-nfl-colts-eagles

I love good sportsmanship.  I want to see the linebacker try and decapitate the quarterback just like the next guy, but then afterwards instead of tea-bagging him on the way to some ridiculous "look at me" dance, I'd prefer to see him help the guy back up and say "see you again soon" and head back to the huddle.

This is awesome: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/15/7394705/andrew-luck-trash-talk-nfl-colts-eagles

I love good sportsmanship.  I want to see the linebacker try and decapitate the quarterback just like the next guy, but then afterwards instead of tea-bagging him on the way to some ridiculous "look at me" dance, I'd prefer to see him help the guy back up and say "see you again soon" and head back to the huddle.

Well played Mr. Luck, well played!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The Patriots D gave similar compliments to Phillip Rivers (before this last game).  He doesn't compliment but instead makes funny comments like "My Grandma tackles harder" or "Is that all you got?!".  They said it was great trash talk and made playing against him fun.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The Patriots D gave similar compliments to Phillip Rivers (before this last game).  He doesn't compliment but instead makes funny comments like "My Grandma tackles harder" or "Is that all you got?!".  They said it was great trash talk and made playing against him fun.

lol

I love that kind of sportsmanship. You can tell who enjoys their job and who doesn't.

Ryan M

• Administrator

We talked in a messaging thread about this and I think golfers do this more often. In soccer and hockey I'll compliment the other team on plays they make.

I also wonder if it's a little survivalist. If you're nice to people, they may not try to hit you as hard or punish you versus a QB who whines about being touched and talks smack.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I also wonder if it's a little survivalist. If you're nice to people, they may not try to hit you as hard or punish you versus a QB who whines about being touched and talks smack.

Yes - for me at least.  This goes for sportsmanship towards the officials too.

If I was playing basketball and the ball went out off of me, I would just turn around and run back on D.  In baseball, when the guy was stealing, if I knew he beat my tag, I would just throw it back to the pitcher.  Etc, etc.  Basically, I would never argue a call that didn't warrant it ... with the thought that the referee would acknowledge that and then realize that when I DID argue, he would know he was wrong.

Never worked. :cry:

• Administrator

Yes - for me at least.  This goes for sportsmanship towards the officials too.

Absolutely. That doesn't mean I won't say "bad call ref, c'mon" or something but I won't curse out their children either. :)

If I was playing basketball and the ball went out off of me, I would just turn around and run back on D.  In baseball, when the guy was stealing, if I knew he beat my tag, I would just throw it back to the pitcher.  Etc, etc.  Basically, I would never argue a call that didn't warrant it ... with the thought that the referee would acknowledge that and then realize that when I DID argue, he would know he was wrong.

I tend to do the same thing.

I also HATE celebrations in the NFL. I make exceptions for a long-time player who scores his first-ever touchdown or something like that, but most of the time I feel like screaming at the TV "Stop celebrating for DOING YOUR GODDAMN JOB!"

When I score in rec soccer or hockey, I just walk or skate back to center (or sub out). I don't even fist pump. It's the whole "act like you've been there before" type thing. Hell, I scored the OT game winning goal in our rec hockey league (shorthanded) and just turned to skate back to the team, give them some handshakes/glove bumps, and shake hands with the other team. I acted like it was an empty-net goal in a 12-2 game. (So, I may be a bit too extreme the other way…)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely. That doesn't mean I won't say "bad call ref, c'mon" or something but I won't curse out their children either. :) I tend to do the same thing. I also HATE celebrations in the NFL. I make exceptions for a long-time player who scores his first-ever touchdown or something like that, but most of the time I feel like screaming at the TV "Stop celebrating for DOING YOUR GODDAMN JOB!" When I score in rec soccer or hockey, I just walk or skate back to center (or sub out). I don't even fist pump. It's the whole "act like you've been there before" type thing. Hell, I scored the OT game winning goal in our rec hockey league (shorthanded) and just turned to skate back to the team, give them some handshakes/glove bumps, and shake hands with the other team. I acted like it was an empty-net goal in a 12-2 game. (So, I may be a bit too extreme the other way…)

Being humble is a good thing. I always like Marshawn Lynch just shaking hands with his o line after he scores. The dancing kinda drives me nuts. I do like the Lambeau leap though. I think that's kinda more for the fans (and I'm and homer).

• Administrator

Being humble is a good thing. I always like Marshawn Lynch just shaking hands with his o line after he scores. The dancing kinda drives me nuts. I do like the Lambeau leap though. I think that's kinda more for the fans (and I'm and homer).

No problems with the leap.

I didn't or don't have problems with:

• spinning, spiking, or "dunking" the ball so long as they're kept simple (i.e. no elaborate stuff)
  • handing the ball to the ref
  • saluting or engaging the fans (like a leap, not asking them to sing along to a song about how great you are or something)
  • a quick group huddle (like in hockey)

Yeah.  There was one in the Chargers game (which by itself ended up not mattering) that was beyond infuriating.  The receiver got taken down in the end zone (deserving of a penalty by current rules) and you could actually see the ref go for his flag, but he kind of fumbled grabbing for it and then .... changed his mind.  Argh!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a dubious PI call against the Eagles on third down in the Dallas game and, when they showed it on the big screen, the place went crazy. Three plays later they called offensive PI against the Dallas WR and it ended the drive. It was just as dubious and an obvious make up call, but that is rare. The refs don't like makeup calls.

Originally Posted by Jakester23

"I know I’m going to get got, but I’m going to get mine more than I get got though."

Best line I've heard all year. Beast mode!

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!