• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCrotty22

2014 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread

250 posts in this topic

The Bridgestone World Championship is this week in Akron.  An interesting tweet by Will Gray of the Golf Channel.

"If neither wins this week in Akron, Monday will be first day since Jan. 21, 1995 that neither Tiger nor Phil holds a current PGA Tour title."

That is a pretty impressive statistic to how consistent those two guys have been.  Almost twenty years since neither is a defender of a tournament title.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That is a pretty amazing stat. I don't see either winning this week, either. From those who watched Tiger today, word is his driver was all over the place.

Put a few bucks on Adam Scott this week. Hoping he can win this for a 2nd time (9th time for Stevie).

That is a pretty amazing stat. I don't see either winning this week, either. From those who watched Tiger today, word is his driver was all over the place.

Put a few bucks on Adam Scott this week. Hoping he can win this for a 2nd time (9th time for Stevie).

Stevie is playing?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger won it last year with Joey so it would be 8 for Stevie

Love the WGC's. I like Fabrizio Zanotti at 300-1 odds.

Love this course. Probably will never play it... Anyways, I don't really have high hopes for Tigs. He's got more inner conflict with that driver than Rosie O'Donnell at A Weight Watchers seminar...

Love this course. Probably will never play it... Anyways, I don't really have high hopes for Tigs. He's got more inner conflict with that driver than Rosie O'Donnell at A Weight Watchers seminar...

Zinnnng!

Looking forward to it. My personal favorite Joost Luiten going in early in a flight with Fernandez-Castano I see. Would love to play on this course myself once, but that will probably never happen...

Good drivers win this tournament. Dont think Tiger stands much of a chance this week. I like Scott or Furyk to win this bad boy.

I should not have passed up the tickets that I was offered to attend this year. It's only about 15 minutes away from me and I haven't even gone once (lived here all of my life too). I think I'll go next year for sure.

Patrick Reed with a flying start: 3 birdies on the first 4 holes.

I remember following Jack around one year at Firestone, like in the late 70s - I grew up about 20 minutes away. Followed him the whole round. He shot a 68 with birdies on the two par 5s (2nd & 16th) and 16 pars. Don't think he missed a fairway or green (he likely did I just don't remember it). He was just machine-like, workman-like.

Firestone is just a straightforward VERY long HIGH rough NARROW fairway classic course. I think that's why the pros love it so much. No trickiness. Just hit the shots.

Good drivers win this tournament. Dont think Tiger stands much of a chance this week. I like Scott or Furyk to win this bad boy.

So… Tiger was a good driver eight times before?

Tiger won it last year with Joey so it would be 8 for Stevie

Yeah, but Stevie won once with Scott.

Ok so if Stevie won 7 with tiger and one with Adam 7+1=?

Ok so if Stevie won 7 with tiger and one with Adam 7+1=?

8, and so…

8+1 = 9.

Sorry Chris My bad i think my dislike for Stevie got in the way of my reading comprehension

This day in Math is brought to you by Bridgestone, makers of golf balls, tires, and sponsors of our PGA Championship prediction contest: .