IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think it's about talent.

There's a couple of things here.

Will he be welcomed back. Will he want to? To say its going to be mighty uncomfortable for him in the uber-conservative world of the PGA is an under statement.

Might he not reckon a new life and a new start elsewhere in the world where the baggage doesn't hang so heavy? If I were him (assuming I want to stay in golf) I'd be thinking in those sorts of terms

Welcomed back? That depends on him. If he completes rehab & stays clean thru the suspension, then he will likely come back with mixed reaction. Staying clean will get people on his side.

We love a comeback story. And if he still has the desire (there's the real question) & a strong enough constitution to put up with the catcalls that are sure to come from the gallery, then yes. He will most assuredly win again.

It's all up to him.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say DJ is far from the first pro golfer to have an affair with another player's significant other.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say DJ is far from the first pro golfer to have an affair with another player's significant other.

Names please?

Riley

You are clearly a tragic indivdiual nevets88, but that was my first reaction too It's much easier and quicker to take a URL down and send it to a 404 then it ever is to edit content. Can only assume that TaylorMade have got a heavy password protection and all sorts of red tape on that back end

404 page not much to write home about either. http://taylormadegolf.com/tour-players/Dustin_Johnsona.html But in all seriousness, office politics is usually more an impediment to proper website pages than tech know how. Plus it's Friday. In the summer. In a company probably full of golfers. Finding their game! Lofting up, baby!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcomed back? That depends on him. If he completes rehab & stays clean thru the suspension, then he will likely come back with mixed reaction.

But we love a comeback story. And if he still has the desire (there's the real question) & a strong enough constitution to put up with the catcalls that are sure to come from the gallery, then yes. He will most assuredly win again.

It's all up to him.

Another thing. I think he will have to make peace with some of the PGA players. I doubt it would be much fun on tour knowing that there are some guys out there that truly hate you. Hopefully D.J. is honest, and apologizes to all concerned, then does Not do it again.

Another thing. I think he will have to make peace with some of the PGA players. I doubt it would be much fun on tour knowing that there are some guys out there that truly hate you. Hopefully D.J. is honest, and apologizes to all concerned, then does Not do it again.

He is one of the biggest players on tour, so unfortunately he won't get beat up....for our viewing enjoyment only, of course.

Riley

Well sure. But first things first. He has to get well. The rest will work itself out.

• Upvote 1

*Cough cough..John Terry.

Case in point, that w...... ran up just about every charge imaginable and still remain at the top of the game for 15 years. Racism (tick) Philandering (tick) Alcohol bause (tick) violence (tick) Court case (tick) England Captain (tick)

I'll send you a PM about Terry for lesser known offence RJH (also bear in mind Lampard was talking of his intent to play in America and take your money off you, be sure to give him a nice welcome won't you)

He is one of the biggest players on tour, so unfortunately he won't get beat up....for our viewing enjoyment only, of course.

Well, then most of the players are pretty smart, and know what Not to do. If someone were to get revenge there are ways other than trying to beat someone up...if you get my drift..

Well sure. But first things first. He has to get well. The rest will work itself out.

True. Hopefully the rest will work it self out..

Well, then most of the players are pretty smart, and know what Not to do. If someone were to get revenge there are ways other than trying to beat someone up...if you get my drift..

Hahaha I lmao at the thought of Tiger going out of his way to bang anyone DJ's been with.

Riley

I'll send you a PM about Terry for lesser known offence RJH (also bear in mind Lampard was talking of his intent to play in America and take your money off you, be sure to give him a nice welcome won't you)

Yikes! I'll be saving my money...I do like Kaka though so I see him ;) edit:whoops forgot to MQ

Riley

Names please?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

No need for names. Pro golfers work together, travel together, and live next-door to each other in the same neighborhoods; these guys don't exactly have large social circles to exploit for the purpose of extramarital activity.

Doesn't Rich Beem have a book about crazy life and such for golfers? Anyone read it?

Riley

Someone else mentioned this up-thread and I kinda agree. Why is DJ getting suspended for drug use? It wasn't a PED right? Or is the suspension for banging other guys' wives? Was Daly ever suspended for being a drunk? I know he's been fined for acting like a drunk at Tour events but has he ever been suspended just for being a drunk? As long as you're not wasted at an event is it any of the Tour's business? I guess you could argue "conduct unbecoming..." and casting the Tour in a bad light, but really, we only know about it because of the suspension and subsequent press releases and rumours so in that regard they would have been better served not to suspend him. I'm glad he's getting help, he'll need it, but I'm doubtful of his chances of success if this is a mandated clean-up rather than a voluntary one. If he's doing lines off of Walker's wife's ass at an event then he certainly deserves a suspension but if he's been suspended because he failed a drug test (for non-PEDs) that he consumes during his own personal time I call foul. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for recreational drug use but I am advocating for personal freedoms without a nanny state telling us what we can and cannot do. Persecution for victimless crimes is total bullshit IMHO.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Someone else mentioned this up-thread and I kinda agree. Why is DJ getting suspended for drug use? It wasn't a PED right? Or is the suspension for banging other guys' wives? Was Daly ever suspended for being a drunk? I know he's been fined for acting like a drunk at Tour events but has he ever been suspended just for being a drunk? As long as you're not wasted at an event is it any of the Tour's business? I guess you could argue "conduct unbecoming..." and casting the Tour in a bad light, but really, we only know about it because of the suspension and subsequent press releases and rumours so in that regard they would have been better served not to suspend him. I'm glad he's getting help, he'll need it, but I'm doubtful of his chances of success if this is a mandated clean-up rather than a voluntary one. If he's doing lines off of Walker's wife's ass at an event then he certainly deserves a suspension but if he's been suspended because he failed a drug test (for non-PEDs) that he consumes during his own personal time I call foul. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for recreational drug use but I am advocating for personal freedoms without a nanny state telling us what we can and cannot do. Persecution for victimless crimes is total bullshit IMHO.

Johnny got suspended 6 months a while back...well, all pro sports suspend for drug use, as well as businesses and work. It's not different from failing a test and getting fired at work I suppose.

Riley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Someone else mentioned this up-thread and I kinda agree. Why is DJ getting suspended for drug use? It wasn't a PED right? Or is the suspension for banging other guys' wives?

Suspended for testing positive for cocaine. IBanging other people's wifes isn't a suspendable offense, far as I know.

Quote:
I'm glad he's getting help, he'll need it, but I'm doubtful of his chances of success if this is a mandated clean-up rather than a voluntary one.

I think he's just being suspended. Don't know if rehab is mandatory. But if he ever wants to see a first tee in a PGA event, he'll go into rehab. He needs to anyway. Far as whether it works, it being mandatory or voluntary has little effect. You either want to be clean or you don't. You can't 'scare' an addict clean. You have to want it. Now, you can go into rehab kicking & screaming, but when you come out you better want to be clean. Otherwise you won't be.

If all this is true, what a douche bag, he lives in a world most of us only dream of and he throws it all away for what, drugs and a piece of a??.

Caught up with using drugs is bad enough but also cant keeps his hands off his fellow players wife's when there is a sea of woman out there.

Give me a break, all he had to say was NO!

Absolutely. I was a fan of his game, but man this is just bad behaviour on so many levels. I hope he gets help with his problem(s) and turns it around but sad to see this type of shit happen.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!