• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RJH999

Paul George Horrifyingly Breaks Leg

22 posts in this topic

Ouch! This was just awful and gruesome. Huge loss for the pacers and my thoughts go to him and his family. http://deadspin.com/paul-george-breaks-his-leg-horrifically-in-team-usa-scr-1614935035

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

That is tough to watch really! I hope he gets better soon!

I found myself humming....watching...OHHHHHH OH MY GOD!!!.

I'm gonna go ahead and use some common sense and NOT watch this.

I can still barely watch the Theisman video, and that's super-grainy barely-SD stuff there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm gonna go ahead and use some common sense and NOT watch this. I can still barely watch the Theisman video, and that's super-grainy barely-SD stuff there.

Good idea ... I just saw it on accident and, ummm, yeah .....

Good idea ... I just saw it on accident and, ummm, yeah .....

Kinda gives you that cold sweats, pukey feeling.

Haven't watched it and won't go out of my way to do so.

I figure it's not pretty and I figure it hits a little too close to home for me.

Im "rooting" for him to make it back from this.

Im "rooting" for him to make it back from this.

Not me.  He made a conscious choice to jump so dangerously close to the goal standard so ... he gets whats coming to him.

Not me.  He made a conscious choice to jump so dangerously close to the goal standard so ... he gets whats coming to him.

Agreed. Total d-bag move. :-$

Nice :beer: So I guess DJ hit a tee shot so hard his golf ball filled with Cocaine exploded and that's where he got the initial appetite for the stuff?

Nice So I guess DJ hit a tee shot so hard his golf ball filled with Cocaine exploded and that's where he got the initial appetite for the stuff?

Hadn't thought of that, but seems plausible. :-P

Joking aside ... I saw the end of a headline on the ticker last night that sounded like somebody was out there blaming the stadium for this.  It was something about the goalpost being a couple of inches too close to the baseline or something??  Not sure if that is just overzealous reporters or if thats actually a story.  Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hadn't thought of that, but seems plausible. :-P [rule]Joking aside ... I saw the end of a headline on the ticker last night that sounded like somebody was out there blaming the stadium for this.  It was something about the goalpost being a couple of inches too close to the baseline or something??  Not sure if that is just overzealous reporters or if thats actually a story.  Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yes. The stanchion in Vegas is closer to the court than it is in regular NBA stadiums. That is why they do not hold NBA games there. Yet they inexplicably hold summer league and USA Basketball scrimmages there! Usa Bball! The best players in the world! http://deadspin.com/non-standard-stanchion-location-contributes-to-paul-geo-1615031496

Hadn't thought of that, but seems plausible. :-P [rule]Joking aside ... I saw the end of a headline on the ticker last night that sounded like somebody was out there blaming the stadium for this.  It was something about the goalpost being a couple of inches too close to the baseline or something??  Not sure if that is just overzealous reporters or if thats actually a story.  Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yeah Brian Windhorst talked about his on ESPN a few nights ago. He flat out said this was not a FIBA thing but a Thomas and Mack Center thing.

I wonder how long it will be before professional teams start to discourage their players from participating in Team USA events and we see amateurs take their place.  This was a big loss to the Pacers and with no cap relief they are going to have a tough time filling his spot.

I wonder how long it will be before professional teams start to discourage their players from participating in Team USA events and we see amateurs take their place.  This was a big loss to the Pacers and with no cap relief they are going to have a tough time filling his spot.

I don't ever see amateurs coming back to the olympics..more likely coaches will pine for better courts or potentially not let their stars participate in meaningless scrimmages...as for the pacers: They're screwed. Paul George is one of the best 10, 15 players in the league and it will be extremely difficult to do much without him. No Lance Stephenson either..

I heard Jim Boeheim (US assistant coach) talking about that this morning and he made a point that these guys are always going to be playing basketball in the offseason anyway, whether organized or pickup. This injury is a fluke thing and it is probably better that they are playing in a regulated environment like Team USA than a pickup game in a gym somewhere.