IGNORED

2014 PGA Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rory just confirmed his 284yd 3 wood on 10 was lucky. Was 30 feet lower and 15 yards left of where he intended. "It was lucky- it really was. You need a little bit of luck to win a major and that was my lucky break."

Well god damn.

Riley

-8,-9,-17,-16 the majors need to be harder.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

They are hard. Ask the players.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The masters was fine. The US Open wasn't extremely difficult, but it was hard. One guy just thrashed it. The British Open usually has high scoring unless it's at Hoylake or St Andrews. PGA is usually right around the -12-16 mark...

Riley

what a great fun round of golf to veiw, it was fun since Saturday.

Friday's coverage (if thats what you could call it) was ruined by a Tiger festish

Rory just confirmed his 284yd 3 wood on 10 was lucky. Was 30 feet lower and 15 yards left of where he intended. "It was lucky- it really was. You need a little bit of luck to win a major and that was my lucky break."

I can think of a few pros (in all sorts of sports) who would try and claim it as deliberate. We do have a phrase called "the luck of the Irish", but then I've never really understood it given how unlucky Ireland has been historically

Rory must be starting to move into George Best territory before long

Only three people finished under par at the US Open. I agree with the British Open and PGA Championship, though. The winning score that the Masters was the highest it's been in six years.

-Rich

This looked plenty hard. Hit 300 yard drive onto the fairway and then a 230 yard shot onto the green. That's plenty hard, if players do that then that's what the course is playing that day. Short of bear traps or flaming pits in the fairway I don't know what you can do. It rained everyday, greens were soft, but so were the fairways.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Haven't seen a commercial for a watch in over an hour now and I'm completely lost.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Haven't seen a commercial for a watch in over an hour and now I'm completely lost.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

This looked plenty hard. Hit 300 yard drive onto the fairway and then a 230 yard shot onto the green. That's plenty hard, if players do that then that's what the course is playing that day. Short of bear traps or flaming pits in the fairway I don't know what you can do. It rained everyday, greens were soft, but so were the fairways.

Soft conditions. It's dart-throwing for those guys.

Haven't seen a commercial for a watch in over an hour now and I'm completely lost.

STANDING IN THE HALL OF FAME. WHERE THE WORLDS GON KNOW YOUR NAME.

Riley

Congrats to Rory.. I am very happy for him!!  This is so much better than having Phil win..

It is too bad I only got to see him play the first 7 holes or so.. all the fun was on the back nine it seems!  It really looks like we will be seeing a lot more of this guy!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Not sure I understand about the players themselves deciding when to quit due to darkness.  There must be some sort of trigger.  Otherwise a player with, say, a medical problem could decide at 3PM on a sunny afternoon to say "it's too dark", go in for medical treatment and come back tomorrow.

Now suppose Phil had decided on the 18th tee or even on the fairway that it was too dark to play.  Could Ricky have finished on his own?  Would Phil's decision be binding on Rory and Wiesberger behind him?  How does this all work?

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103787/] [/URL]

[quote name="RJH999" url="/t/76282/2014-pga-championship-discussion-thread/1650_30#post_1038406"] STANDING IN THE HALL OF FAME. WHERE THE WORLDS GON KNOW YOUR NAME.[/quote] Thanks guys, that'll hold me over. I only pray these Omega commercials aren't a gateway. If I'm looking for Tag Heuer print ads and Rolex billboards tomorrow, you'll have lost me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The majors, except for the Masters felt like any other tournement. I think the courses should reward good shots, but bad shots should be almost impossible to make par. It's nice to see them suffer like us once in a while. How about not raking bunkers ever. They are supposed to hazards! It's annoying when guys hit a bad shot and they are praying it goes into a hazard. Bring on the haters.

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Now seems like a good time to post this

http://www.theonion.com/articles/phil-mickelson-laughs-off-2ndplace-finish-blows-br,20984/

It'd be pretty hard to call it a choke job when he was down 3 entering the day, and shot a 66...

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I want to see Rory at his best (like right now I presume) against Tiger at his best (which hasn't been seen in a long time). I don't know who wins that hypothetical matchup. The Tiger fan in me says Tiger. My eyeballs tell me Rory.

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!