IGNORED

Golf...cool or not???

BrownCoast
Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is golf cool?

• Yes
    • No

"Cool" is over rated, I think only 16 year olds care about cool.. Having said that, I doubt golf would get a very high percentage of non golfers to vote yes on this poll! I respectfully abstain ;) from the vote

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah if I get out the clubs and the banjo the chicks just can't stay away.

LMAO the only thing that picture is missing is the tumble weed rolling through. Great pic.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

If you think about it: Football, you wear funny looking pads all over your body, even on your buttocks, same with hockey. Baseball, you wear tights with funny labels on them. Rock climbing and cycling you wear stupid "happy" looking clothing, and hang gear off your belt. Note that I did mountaineering and I mostly looked like a puffy penguin in brightly colored parkas. No sport is without "uncool". Golf is a tad bit more dignified IMHO. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If you think about it:

Football, you wear funny looking pads all over your body, even on your buttocks, same with hockey.

Baseball, you wear tights with funny labels on them.

Rock climbing and cycling you wear stupid "happy" looking clothing, and hang gear off your belt. Note that I did mountaineering and I mostly looked like a puffy penguin in brightly colored parkas.

No sport is without "uncool".

Golf is a tad bit more dignified IMHO.

I do agree that uniforms are worn in sports and some do look funny. with the padding, thats more a protection issue. Also I've been out in public and I see either at the bar/sports lounge, poker table or just local coffee shop, more people will wear a hockey jersey or football jersey of their fav team or player. golf I usually only see hats.

• Administrator

I do agree that uniforms are worn in sports and some do look funny. with the padding, thats more a protection issue. Also I've been out in public and I see either at the bar/sports lounge, poker table or just local coffee shop, more people will wear a hockey jersey or football jersey of their fav team or player. golf I usually only see hats.

The pads are still "uncool." Nobody wears those to the bar.

Golf clothes are perfectly fine in a business setting on casual days. The same is rarely true of a football jersey, or baseball pants, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We could always get six or eight kids together and play football, tackle football that is without pads.. And without uniforms, we play flag football now a days.. We can still do the same with "wiffle" ball but it is just another version of baseball and that had no uniforms.. I think hockey is on the same level as golf as it wasn't easily accessible so not many people are interested in it. Golf is just more of an individual sport so they will always have a hard time getting people involved.. Soccer, baseball, football are just more intriguing that's all!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

What does cool mean?

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• Administrator

We could always get six or eight kids together and play football, tackle football that is without pads.. And without uniforms, we play flag football now a days.. We can still do the same with "wiffle" ball but it is just another version of baseball and that had no uniforms..

You can always play mini golf. Or disc golf. Or just make a course in your yard with wiffle balls (Bubba style).

I think hockey is on the same level as golf as it wasn't easily accessible so not many people are interested in it.

You have heard of roller hockey right? We got kids together and played it in the streets.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The pads are still "uncool." Nobody wears those to the bar.

Golf clothes are perfectly fine in a business setting on casual days. The same is rarely true of a football jersey, or baseball pants, etc.

some polo shirts are, not many people will wear some of the wild stuff that has been released over the past few years. and generally in the past golf has had some very "questionable" fashion. Where as most team jerseys (not all) come in very toned down colours and will be worn by fans out in public more so then golf shirts. Mainly cause (IMO) football and hockey and baseball are cooler to the masses then what golf is. During the world cup, euro cup, or champions league you always see fans wearing the jersey of their country or favourite team. they fly mini flags from car windows. During a golf major or even rider cup you don't see that out in public.

What does cool mean?

if you don't know, you probably aren't cool. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

if you don't know, you probably aren't cool. :-D

Yeah most of us can just look in the mirror and answer that question!:beer:

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I have reached that age where I could care less ... in fact; shitting yourself is acceptable at my age ... and this the ultimate uncool. :-D

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator
some polo shirts are, not many people will wear some of the wild stuff that has been released over the past few years. and generally in the past golf has had some very "questionable" fashion. Where as most team jerseys (not all) come in very toned down colours and will be worn by fans out in public more so then golf shirts. Mainly cause (IMO) football and hockey and baseball are cooler to the masses then what golf is. During the world cup, euro cup, or champions league you always see fans wearing the jersey of their country or favourite team. they fly mini flags from car windows. During a golf major or even rider cup you don't see that out in public.

You really should stop speaking as if your opinion or perception of things are facts.

Too many instances of such to respond to them individually. I'll just say that if you think that more people wear jerseys out than polo shirts, you live in a very unusual place.

Golfers don't - duh - have "jerseys" that fans can wear out in public. Plus, unlike most sports, golfers aren't relegated to ROOTING for others to play the game. The vast majority of NFL fans don't play anything resembling NFL football. The same is untrue of golfers.

I have reached that age where I could care less ... in fact; shitting yourself is acceptable at my age ... and this the ultimate uncool.

How much less could you care? A lot? A little?

Living in Canada hockey is all most sports fans talk about, not to say they only like hockey. The accessibility of the sport was always there, from road hockey to leagues to playing with mini sticks in the basement with a rolled up ball of tape. Yes hockey is a very expensive sport to play. from the equipment to league fees and booking extra ice time for practice. But that doesn't mean people cant play the game. Like I said, the accessibility was always there. Not everyone could play in leagues but it wasn't hard to just own a stick and play street hockey. Here hockey is cool weather you're a fan of the sport or not the notoriety the sport brings to the masses is what makes it so "cool". When team Canada plays hockey non sports fans can be seen wearing hockey jerseys out in public. It just is what it is. Sadly golf is a more individual sport and therefore doesn't get the team bonding mentality other sports get.

So when a guy like Tiger comes along and a game gets flipped into a craze that makes people want to golf that have never golfed before. Companies willing to venture into a new sports market from what they were currently know for then yes (IMO) that is when golf was "cool" just absorbing all the hype it got when you see what a single person did for the game is truly amazing. Everyone from all ethnic backgrounds wanted to be a part of golf in some way shape or form. I think it has fizzled out not which is a shame because baseball found a way to make the game fun to watch again (no not for all) hockey fixed the "boring" 1-0 games that took place in the mid 90's. Football is always exciting (not so much for me). but come sunday I'll even check out scores or watch a game and fantasy football made it even better.

I like golf a lot but I think it has fizzled out and something is missing or needs to be changed. when you watch on tv all you see is a drive then sky and then camera following the rolling ball assuming the camera man hasn't lost track of it. But when they show the shot tracker you actually see the flight path of the ball. Making it easier to watch.

I think with the play 9 campaign and the relaxed rules popularity might help the sport out and more people will benefit.

Even though, I disagree with the facts of this statement in general, you seem to be equating "cool" as being more acceptable to general public.

As Iacas stated, I think more people wear golf shirts (or polo shirts) in general than team jerseys.  You just don't seem to realize that polo shirts which are ubiquitous are worn by golfers and general public.  You just can't distinguish people who play golf and wear their polo shirts in public from those who do not play golf but also wear polo shirts in public.

If you think wearing hockey or football jersey is cool, you are solely mistaken--at least in my book, they are the least "cool" shirts.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

You really should stop speaking as if your opinion or perception of things are facts.

Too many instances of such to respond to them individually. I'll just say that if you think that more people wear jerseys out than polo shirts, you live in a very unusual place.

Golfers don't - duh - have "jerseys" that fans can wear out in public. Plus, unlike most sports, golfers aren't relegated to ROOTING for others to play the game. The vast majority of NFL fans don't play anything resembling NFL football. The same is untrue of golfers.

The polo shirts I see people wearing out in public are nothing like the polo shirts I see on the golf course. And If you think nobody wears jerseys then you haven't been to a sporting event or sports bar in a very long time. I know that golfers don't-duh-have jerseys. But they do wear a more socially acceptable outfit yet people wear the cotton polo to work maybe a basic colour not the dri-fit wild colours and patterns you see in the stores. However at the bar people will wear a jersey which is less fashionable then a polo, especially a new age golf dri-fit style polo.

No I never said these were facts I simply said I notice more of one then the other. But it seems like you are upset over the whole football jersey comment anyway and you are only going to look at this in one way and thats your way. If you want to continue to be close minded on the subject, knock yourself out.

Even though, I disagree with the facts of this statement in general, you seem to be equating "cool" as being more acceptable to general public.

As Iacas stated, I think more people wear golf shirts (or polo shirts) in general than team jerseys.  You just don't seem to realize that polo shirts which are ubiquitous are worn by golfers and general public.  You just can't distinguish people who play golf and wear their polo shirts in public from those who do not play golf but also wear polo shirts in public.

If you think wearing hockey or football jersey is cool, you are solely mistaken--at least in my book, they are the least "cool" shirts.

Lets get one thing clear right away, I don't think jerseys in public are fashionable or cool. I have nothing against it just couldn't care less if i see it or not. However the point you guys seem to be missing is what golfers wear on the course is generally different from the polos i see people wearing on an everyday basis. On the course I see puma with wild patterns, same goes for adidas and loud mouth. out in public I see toned down polos, simple white, black or red with no pattern and usually a basic cotton. Both golfers and non golfers wear pants yet I don't see people wearing golf pants out in public compared to just your regular slacks or pants that i see people wearing either to work or with a sport coat at a restaurant.

Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!